GT-Sport Lewis Hamilton's Challenge support group for people that aren't #blessed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Noxrai, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ladies and and gentleman. I present to you my 3rd exact same time as Hamilton. Now at Maggiore.

Had a pretty decent 1st and 2nd sector. The final corner I crumbled but in the end, it couldn't had ended any better.

2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Hatrick! I'll have to jump back on this DLC, haven't tried it out for a while
    Noxrai likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It's all I've been doing. Been really enjoying the challenge. I have gotten some great tips just by watching his laps. Surprisingly sometimes you don't have to use 100% brake force to maximise a corner.

No unfortunately. It's funny though, he says it's a mega lap. A lap exactly the same as his.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I spose you don't have to be humble at his (your) level
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'm still impressed with how smooth he is with everything. I'm sure in a race, he would absolutely destroy me. He definitely is a tire whisperer, and he could consistently pump out those laps. Me on the other hand is more like a lap in a hundred I can match him.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    suzuka is making me sad. .068 off gold now. i only want gold so maybe i'm aiming too low
    Noxrai likes this.
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    You will get there. The right brew will help
    Hatfield, incey and Noxrai like this.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Keep trying. You'll get there.
    No but for real. It's amazing how constantly pushing retry you can get better and better. Stay nice and smooth and keep building your knowledge on how you could improve on every corner.
    incey likes this.
  10. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    That's a wrap guys. I've completed my final two tracks. Monza and the Nords.
    I think anyone should be able to get Diamond on Monza. Nail your chicanes and you can still get it even being very average everywhere else. That's what I did.

The Nords. What an intimidating track. The main tip I can give here is try to stay in 3rd gear for the slow stuff. You get much better traction in 3rd. Ham loses so much time going down to 2nd.
    I'm very very average at Nords. For me, it still feels like I'm rally driving without a co pilot. I'm still learning the intricacies of the track. As you will see, my first half of the track is passable but the 2nd half is very scrappy, and the corner leading into the final straight almost undid everything. Please don't follow my lines. I'm not comfortable with this track at all. But weirdly it looks like Hamilton is not too crash hot either around the Nords. So I'll take it.

So my final difficulty ranking of each track out of 5 is:
    Big Willow - 5
    Ham is almost flawless here. First corner is probably his only weak spot.
    Suzuka - 4.5
    He's very strong here too. Weak spots are the esses, hairpin and 130R.
    Nurburgring - 4
    Would have been a 4.5 if he wasn't so slow through the final chicane. He's strong everywhere else.
    Brands Hatch - 4
    A solid track for him. You can gain on him through Graham Hill bend, Hawthorn and Westfield Bend.
    Nords - 3.5
    I think the track is more your adversary than Ham here. Stay in 3rd gear and learn the track.
    Bathurst - 3
    Another intimidating track. But you can conquer Ham here. Nail Hell Corner and set yourself up. He's weak on top of the mountain. So try and maximise that.
    Dragon Trail - 3
    You can gain on him on most corners here. But the death chicane is where he makes back all his time. Make sure you nail this and you'll be laughing.
    Interlagos - 2
    He's slow out of descida de Lago (corner after the first straight) . Abuse the track limits and nail your final corner.
    Maggiore - 2
    Abuse the track limits. You can gain so much on him through the fast chicanes.
    Monza - 1
    Straight line the chicanes as much as you can. Get on power as fast as possible.

Final Thoughts:
    What a ride. I'm very proud of myself. I was thinking what had I gotten myself into when I was trying to complete Big Willow. Suzuka was also a big challenge. But it was a fantastic feeling finally conquering them and worth my time. I have learnt quite a bit actually from just watching Hamilton's onboards. I feel the things I have learnt will help me in future races.

A lot of you may think that it comes naturally to me to be this fast. But quite often after the first few attempts at a track I was asking myself how I could keep pace with Ham. I was almost always in with a silver time.

Practice is key. Keep hitting that retry button. You'll keep improving. If you hit a wall and can't find anymore time, watch what he does and try and mimic what he does. Have breaks. Let yourself recover from a session. It's amazing how a refreshed mind and body can do wonders for your lap times.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Well done Nox :thumbsup:
    Done a few of Hamilton's challenges, I can beat him so far, but I never could catch Keeden's ghosts in GT6 TT's or in GTS.
    When does the ":alien:Keeden Mcdonald Challenge:alien:" get released?
    incey, Easyprey007 and Noxrai like this.
  12. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Thanks @apex2691 . Yep keedan is super quick. I don't think I would bother with his dlc. A waste of money lol. It would be interesting to see how quick Hamilton could be if he put as much time into gt sport as we do. I think he would give the Aliens a run for their money then.
    incey likes this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Awesome job Noxrai! Never give up!
    Noxrai likes this.
  14. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Now I have completed all in Silver the impossible lies ahead.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nice. Haven't put much time in lately, but aiming for all gold myself
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I actually managed to silver Monza on Controller :)
    Same as Ursine though, took the XMAS break off so haven't messed about with it.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What's everyone's thought on the difficulty? Any tracks you found harder than others?
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Big willow can get fcked
  19. Daraygun23

Daraygun23 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Daraygun23
    I was sooooo close, i race without any assists and on Dragon Trial at the final corner I was about to pop the overtake but then I lapsed in concentration and locked my brakes bc I tried to match his braking point, I wound up 0.7 sec off, i found you can get him on corner exit bc he goes for high all around speed but doesn't get an optimal exit on several turns like the first chicane, the S and the final turn. I had to put music over the vid so I used one of the royalty free yt tunes because the mic caught be screaming.
    Easyprey007 likes this.