GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Race recap:
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What a race! Incoming long race recap.

Started off strong in the Muutang with my team mate @LITTLEBLACKO942 following behind. A 6 car train quickly formed behind me as I fuel saved to jurisdict the pace and bunch them up tighter without letting them have a huge fuel save advantage over me. That became a 3 car train early on after an unfortunate incident at Ascari. The Mustangs tire wear became too much to handle come the 45 minute make and we both peeled in to convert to a 3 stop strategy. By this stage @Noremac had taken the lead and committed to a 2 stop labelling him as our main competition. The second stint saw flashes of @Kephin_07 as we struggled to figure out how this would all pan out come the final stops. The middle hour of the race was just avout driving to a fuel number for myself as I lost grips with the Mustang slightly and threw away little bits of time here and there just by not using its pace. Somewhere along the line, Norm found himself with damage having collided with @razor4797 which left us in prime position for a 1-2 however Kev had managed to blitz his way through the field setting himself up for a brilliant 2 stop final 70 minute finish. Having seen what Kev was trying to acheive on roughly the hour mark and with Norm still unsure of his place, I made the call to go max defensive for as long as possible on Kev, knowing it was crucial to not only slow him down, but to be with him when he inevitably caught Norm in the final 20 minutes. That call is going down as one of my finest as myself and Blacko came out within tow range of Kev and we managed to use his pace to overhaul a huge gap to Norm and begin a 4 car battle for the lead. Norm on the most worn set of Softs succeeded initially in holding off the 3 of us however with only a handful of laps remaining Kev got by in what would be a race winning move. A tops battle between Norm and the Mustang boys ensued as eventually Norm made a slight mistake entering dela roggia chicane and it left him reset behind Xephos, a cruel end to a great race. Mustang 2-3 was a nice end to an interesting night.

Fantastic win Kev! To overturn those gaps the way you did was frightening and showed a massive amount of speed, well deserved crown.

Shoutout to my teammate Blacko for what was probably his best ever drive in my eyes. Unparalleled consistency all night made it very easy to learn off how he was driving the car.

Keen as for Nuburgering Only
    Peersy, Noxrai, JonoStan96 and 6 others like this.
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    What are the championship standings?
    seth123, StigsTC and Viperzed like this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    As for points thats a good guess, But as for fatalities. At least one i suppose
    bluexephos22 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I believe one life sentence got handed out too
    seth123 likes this.
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looks like I would have struggled for pace in the race at Monza. My quali time put me dead last. Still would have loved to partake in it though. Sounded like an exciting race.

The next race though. Is that at the Nurburgring GP layout or the Nords 24hr layout?
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    GP
    Noxrai and bluexephos22 like this.
  8. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Gay
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    U tell the man in charge exactly how you feel kedy
  10. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Thanks, mate! Jono and I made contact fairly early into the race which forced me to pit for repairs, which spat me out right in front of Matt and Razor's battle, which put my focus on not getting in their way, which caused me to spin and get reset at the first chicane :oops:
    I think that is what made the difference come the end of the race; it forced my hand as far as strategy went and meant I had much fresher tyres at the end.

Overall that race was a lot of fun! Blacko and i worked well through the middle stints, Norm had me guessing whether or not I should be watching him every time he managed to pop up in the lead, and that last 4 way battle towards the end was epic.
    Well done on the x2 tyre wear, Jono. I must admit I wasn't a fan, but it definitely made for a good race.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well done on the win mate, thoroughly deserved.

Sorry for rage quitting, it’s not my style and I regret (albeit 2 days later) doing it. Sorry for giving you damage Kev, although when a GT-R is inside your back seat, there’s not much I could have done lol.
  12. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    I'm again sorry for what I did there, it was a total amateur error that I know I am better than. Sorry also for making silly errors and mistakes while ahead of you, it cost you time and didn't do you much good with me doing that.

In regards to the race as a whole, it was a tough and fast paced one, I had to push basically the whole race to make up time, especially in the final stint. This wasn't the easiest thing to do as the rear of the car was pretty volatile at times. Cheers to everyone who came out and made the race a success, the field spread at the end was great to see. Commiserations to @Noremac for getting reset after running a solid race to that point. Congratulations to @Viperzed @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @Kephin_07 on their podium results, good job!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    Just get it over with bugger the life sentence....
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    What did you do?
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @xlxy90
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Wowzers
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    any spots for nurb? if so, whats my car choices.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I think with @Byron Phillips being out that makes the AMG available
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If thats the case ill jump in for the next round. Will asess my future involvement after the round. See how i go for practice time.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah Phillips is gone, Merc’s yours