ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] SEASON 5 INFO, RACE SCHEDULE & SIGN UP!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jan 11, 2021.

1. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Mate my two cents worth would be don't get to hung up on setups. I've been trying a few different setups for Silverstone and I can basically drive all three with the same times and like Steve said the aggressive set ups are competitive.
    As for everyone driving off on you bro don't stress. I did my first sim racing in seaaon4 and I spent the first 5 races way down the back each week before I felt like I could keep up but the guys here are fantastic. No one gets into for being slow and people do help where they can, there's no big egos here which is great. And the racing is respectful, clean and everyone gives racing room. Much better than public servers. If you turn up each week you'll make gains. My biggest gains still come from driving technique rather than tuning. I think consistency is key because when you look at where some guys finish, with a slower best lap, they are ultra consistent and mistake free. I'm still down the back of the field myself and I'm my own worst enemy ATM so I'll probably see you back there if that's where you find yourself.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Also more important than setup is getting the bloody pitstop right!
    Avoiding SG penalities is another good one.... :unsure:
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    OK thanks for the info guys
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

IMPORTANT

There are a few drivers that are new to this league and have signed up but have not yet completed a qualy lap - if you do not complete a qualy lap by 6pm tomorrow night, we cannot add you to the entry list for the first race. Please make sure you get a qualy lap in asap gents!

The drivers that must get a qualy lap in are:

nick firth
    phil ogden
    luke heiden
    liam pointing
    Flamebadger and krunch like this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm a little late to the party but I've just signed up! I'll standby in the reserves list :)
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

nice one mate, we usually have a few that never show so hopefully some spots open up over the next couple of weeks :)
    Flamebadger and Spidey_11 like this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ok we now have laps for Nick Firth and Liam Pointing! I've added you guys to the entrylist.

Unfortunately Phil and Luke cannot race tonight as they haven't gotten their laps in - please get your laps in before 6pm next Sunday gents otherwise I will need to remove you from the season and open up your spots for some of the people on the waiting list.

Also - it has come to our attention that there are problems with forum registration at the moment. Please join discord and PM me, krunch, flamebadger or nanlatt if you are having trouble registering!
    Flamebadger likes this.
  8. Cyclone06

Cyclone06 New Recruit

:thumbsup: ready and waiting for those spots to open up I like being 2nd in line
  9. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

Hey. Please do the preparation between the qualification and the race in 5 minutes, 2 minutes is too short, there is not enough time to check everything. In any ACC competition, 5 minutes is the standard time
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate, we'll discuss it but we always run 2 minutes....for the last 5 seasons I think.
  11. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

This is really not enough, I crashed my car today just because of this :(
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Curious, what is it that you need to do between quali and race that needs more then two minutes and how can it leader to crashing the car?
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm guessing change from a sketchy qually set up to a safer race setup
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I second this, not for car crashy reasons, but I'm usually busting for a toilet break.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Talking about server set up, is it possible to set up the session as FP1, Q1, R, FP2 so that the race results and replay don't disappear so quickly when the server resets?
  16. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

hahaha I ran like hell and had 23 seconds to spare.
  17. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Throwing my two cents in here as well, an extra minute might be nice on the standard races and maybe two minute more on the enduros? It's mostly for bathroom activities personally, I think the current times would work fine with the super sprints however.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

So from this we can reverse engineer some data on house/bladder size for the Rooz membership - duly noted.

Admin team is discussing this and we welcome any more opinions here please (or by PM if you are embarrassed that you need a ten minute :poop: before every race...there I said it).
  19. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

5 minutes will be ideal for me. Or at least 3))
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just don't let this guy in the league
    TakFR, krunch, tezpez85 and 1 other person like this.