ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 5 Paul Ricard Super Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sorry mate, trying to stick close but just got that little bit too close...
    Yeah, rolled off the power and went out wide to stay behind you desperately hoping you will hold it and not spin, was a bit painful watching the field drive past but my fault so that’s how it goes. Once you are out on the blue lines the tyres get punished a bit as those lines are some funky high grip stuff to help slow cars down.
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  2. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I watched far more of this than I should have. Stuff get's dark about 38:50 :D
  3. Nick Firth

Nick Firth Rookie

Race 1: What a highlight! That battle towards the end of the race between Steve, Stimson, Hayes, Frost and myself was intense but sensational at the same time. Grinning ear to ear after that one. Unfortunate to a have few touches at the end but bound to happen bumper to bumper like that. All drivers showed a lot of respect to racing throughout that battle.

Race 2: 50/50 call for wet and dry. Water on my windscreen so I stayed with wet. The rookie in me made the wrong choice, and even though I dropped PSI my tires were on fire by lap 5. Stuck with my guns and rode it out to the end of the race struggling for grip. Lesson learned.

Really enjoying my first season on ROOZ. Thanks for all the hard work that gets put into this comp behind the scenes.
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

No worries, it happens. Unfortunately it pushed me into Matt Frost (Cooper) who ended up worse off than me as he went to the back.

The round was a mixed bag for me.

Initially I couldn't get on top of the conditions through prac and Q1 and really botched my tyre pressures along with too many invalid laps. Ended up dead last. Ironically it didn't matter...

R1: sigh... complete disaster as somehow I was on the grid with wet tyres on the car yet I swear I had loaded my race setup, checked pressures, fuel, etc. before hitting Drive. I didn't notice until halfway through the formation lap so as the race started I pitted to reload my race setup only to find I had to wait 2 mins with the controls locked. Drove around on my own for a while before deciding to bail and watch the rest on Wallzy's stream.

Q2: much better effort from me and I managed about 20th in the damp conditions.

R2: I was happy to go with dry tyres looking at the conditions. There was nothing heavy showing in the next 15mins on the weather indicator and I could see it wasn't wet on the ground so figured only a heavy midrace downpour would force me to pit for wets, and that didn't seem likely. I pumped up the pressures a fair bit to counter the cold track and hoped it would work.

It did work and even though the tyres were cold the pressures were reasonable. After the lap 1 tap and half spin I managed to recover pretty well. The car had some minor aero damage which cost me a little on the straights but nothing too bad. I had some great battles in the field and managed to end up 11th after quite a bit of attrition.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

My race report and existential analysis of the evening in the form of music:

But actually I enjoyed it.
    tezpez85, krunch, Wally and 1 other person like this.
  6. krunch

Amazing what they can do with special effects theses days!
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

What kind of mushrooms did you have for breakfast this morning Steve......o_O
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

all the kinds
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

10. krunch

wait... so that's where Steve got his livery inspiration!!
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

haha!
  12. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Made a couple mistakes this round, apologies for the first lap incident, I realised watching the replay that I did not redress after minor contact gaining a spot. That was not on purpose, rather it escaped my attention in the moment that I went past. Then, in traffic I lost control and spun on lap 2 in the fast turn with heavy concat with a car behind. I don't know why it I spun, practicing for this round, I never lost it there. Alas, water under the bridge, but the race was over after that, I nursed a damaged car that wanted to kill me every time I went through the fast turn so had to baby it through super slowly.

Race 2 was better if it wasn't for the wrong tire choice, I'd be happier. Started on wets (wrong), pitted and was pretty much alone after that.

Another poor showing by Tam.
    tezpez85, CornfordCaster and krunch like this.