ACC Tips/Tricks/Fixes

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Sep 1, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Tips/Tricks/Issues
    ACC brings with it some interesting and unique challenges compared to PCars2 and GTSport. I will post some tips and tricks to help deal with some of the issues that have been picked up from the Testing events.

Entering the Server
    Hopefully this will be fixed with the upcoming update. The game will crash when in the Multiplayer menus if you have too many friends. The magic number seems to be 130. If you are having issues entering the Server you have 3 options, delete friends to get below 130, enter via Join Session in the Friends list on the PSN Menu or setup another PSN account.

Creating New Account
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/creating-additional-user-account.4200/

**Since the most recent update the menus have changed. Go to Server List, Search Rooz and select the server (note that nothing will happen), Select your car at this point & Confirm, Select the Server again and click on Connect, you will then be prompted for the password**

Track Limits
    The in-game track limits & penalties cannot be turned off in the server. The track limits has a lot of leniency compared to PCars and GTSport. If you run wide or cut a corner, you will be given 3 warnings before a Stop&Go penalty is given. If you purposefully cut a corner (straight through a chicane at speed), a drive through penalty is issued. But if, for example, you outbrake yourself and cut through a chicane, slow down and don’t gain an advantage, no penalty or warning is given.

Pitstops
    Assign a button for Pit Limiter, Ignition, engine start and to cycle MFD. Make sure you are in and stay in 1st gear throughout the pit lane cycle. Pit time will be reduced if you manually turn the car off & on during pit stops. Make sure that the brake change is turned off. This can be done in the Setup menu under fuel and strategy.
    Ensure you have brake change turned off!

Race Start
    There is 2 minutes prior to the race start to sort out strategy. You will need to press drive before the counter finishes or you will be starting from pitlane. When the rolling start begins you will need to stay within green lines on the screen and on your side of the road, this may not be the side of the road you took off from. Ignore what other cars are doing around you and stay within the lines on the screen.
    **Speed limit at race start is now 70**

Replays and Highlights
    I suggest assigning a button to save replays and highlights, however it is a little hit & miss. This will be important to get footage for protests. Recording your in-car footage via the Share button will be important as well. If you do not know how to set the Share button to record your footage let me know.
    **there has been an issue with the game crashing when attempting to save the replay**
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Sir McSquid, Bounty05, incey and 3 others like this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

on a few occassions when i've pressed drive, the game has changed the control settings with wheel rates/gain etc back to some sort of default, so I'm now in the habit of reloading them before the race start
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Great stuff pingu, keep them coming
  4. JJ_Penguin

OP has been updated

The multiplayer menus have changed since the latest update & I have posted a guide to creating a new PSN account that runs off your existing PS Subscription.

Also, there is a glitch with the car selection in multiplayer, you will need to select the car in the Server List menu.
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  5. JJ_Penguin

6. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I culled my friends list back to 149 and it seems to work ok now.
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
  8. AJS-000

AJS-000 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    AJS-000
    Does everyone know all the little Car Setup bits and pieces on ACC that nobody ever thought would be good in a manual? Like Brake Pad compositions and ECU Maps?
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Bounty05 likes this.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Say hello to the 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE PACK DLC, launching today on Steam! Featuring the historic and iconic Imola circuit, the Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo 2020, over 60 new car liveries and more! Coming to PS4 & Xbox One Jan 2021.
    garyw61, Vik Chan and JJ_Penguin like this.
  11. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    I’m hoping they also release a graphic and performance upgrade for PS5. Unlikely but fingers crossed.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Nils is one of the fastest guys on ACC pc & here he shares what he's learnt from his driver coaching services

incey, Vik Chan and JJ_Penguin like this.
  13. ckj33

ckj33 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ckj33
    Great video, thanks for sharing @nigegunz
    nigegunz likes this.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Cheers for helping me get things up and going JJ.
    For those jumping over one thing I found (well JJ pointed it out) was that my wheel (t300) seemed like as soon as you gave any steering imput, it felt like the car wanted to steer itself. Very unsettling and couldnt find a groove.
    Once I updated my wheels firmware, it was a million times better. Cheers again JJ
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

great interview with Dennis Lind
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    it seems i suck at searching forums, can someone please link to the post or tell me how to go about saving full length replays
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i have set share captures to 60 minutes and mapped a button is that it?
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it sounds like your talking about capturing your gameplay through the playstation share button feature. If that's right, you can set it up to either capture the previous 60mins of gameplay when you press the button, or you can set it up to double tap and it will just start recording until you double tap again to stop
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yeah, nah. i want to capture the last 60 minutes by pressing the replay button