GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Now this I could get behind
    Noxrai and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Multiple time slots on Saturday night. Everyone can keep trying to beat Keedan until he breaks...
    Evertime he wins he has to take 3 shots of his hardest favorite liquor.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Fun fact

Most of the Div 1 races Keeden wins, He's already half cut lol
    incey and Noxrai like this.
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yes I've heard this rumour. He needs to drink moar then :laugh:!
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    To add to this: softer compound tyre for qually run in practice/race mode with fuel & tyre wear on and open pits so you can choose your starting tyre for the race
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yes, ACC runs full damage, can't be turned off. Everyone has adjusted to it but we still get the occasional mistake causing damage to others.
    incey and stucar17 like this.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes, and to manage the qually lap, drivers set off at say 15sec intervals, complete their lap and park up. Then once everyone is done, chg tyres if req'd, out to 1st timing marker. 15secs intervals with 16 drivers is 4mins, so well within our current 10mins for quali.

@UrsineSaturn9 what about fuel burning on the out lap? Banned? i.e. someone fuel burning might get caught & overtaken by the next driver, hence negating the 15sec interval.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That would be harder to manage. 2-3 seconds gap is plenty to stay out of slipstream. I don't care about the fuel burners. Over one outlap with low multiplier wont make that much difference anyway plus you would have cold tyres
    Peersy likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Another idea: Fuel burn on, ~2-3x with initial fuel load reduced to run ~60% race distance. Mandatory pit for refuel and tyre compound change
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    from experience, if i have one lap quali, i'd be nursing the tyres until the last sector, and fuel burning in the first couple. any weight advantage will help
    gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    We ran something like this for the SBS Speedweek races, albeit with much higher multipliers. Most of the races ended up being hardcore fuel saves until the half way mark until the first pitstop, but had the knock-on effect of making the under/overcut more or less pointless.

With your multipliers I think it could work however.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    The collision physics have been altered over time by GTsport. May be worth reviewing the viability of full damage being utilised. Driving habits take time to modify, perhaps some official test sessions during the week may help speed up the process of adaptation.
    I would like to see a process of each race being reviewed by a person independent of each division. From there they submit a report to the stewards for them to decide on further action. It removes the 'dob in' factor that contributes to angst between drivers.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    That would require hours upon hours of time devoted to reviewing a race. The current method of reporting an incident if it directly involved you seems much less time intensive and is less of a witch hunt for all parties.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    And it works.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So for Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept I'd suggest:
    4x tyre wear
    2x fuel
    65L initial fuel
    RM/RH tyres (open pits)
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For something like this to work I think would need the following:

If we have 5 divisions, 5 different people putting their hand up to view a division each.
    Each division replay shared to be downloaded (not taking into account lag that means an incident looks different from another drivers perspective/replay)
    For each of those 5, potentially viewing 16 drivers races, from start to finish.
    If a race is 45mins, that's 720mins footage to view each week (not including finding an incident, and reviewing)
  17. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Obviously there would be some races that could require a bit more time to go over. Generally the first few laps are busier, after that the field opens up a bit. Usually there are certain areas that have more potential for incidents. The use of the track map is useful as well as the timing charts. The use of ffwd can speed up the review process considerably. The time taken to review a race would vary with some circumstances coming into play. IE Grid numbers etc. It wouldn't need to be a matter of watching any given driver for the entire minutes of a race. Perhaps introducing it in Div1 to begin with, or Div5 as a trial. I see it as a more professional approach with some very positive benefits.
  18. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I went through a race once to pick up all the track limit violations on just 1 corner and it took me longer than I would want to do again. i can't imagine the tediousness of going through an entire replay to find all the incidents/track limit violations/etc. I think you'll have to pay someone well to do it myself.

What I don't get is why anyone bothers to look through replays and complain about things then not protest them. The current protest system works well imo, it redresses non-redressed incidents and more importantly works to improve the standard of driving across the board. Just protest anything you have a problem with and then no one else will have to spend hours going through a replay to do it for you
    Kieran_B33 and xlxy90 like this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    The protest systems works as intended 100% of the time to those who SUBMIT a protest, and it works 0% of the time for those who wish to withhold from protesting.

If you wish to pay somebody to review the races, be our guest.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Alongside the current system, if you or anyone would like to put their hand up to review a replay for a single division next season as a trial, PM me.
    FYI footage will need to be gathered and uploaded by the reviewer for the incident report thread
    Max Gassit and xlxy90 like this.