Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Something to look forward to in the new year.
    Hatfield and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I took delivery of this AXC-Sim TrueBrake mod for my G29 pedals this week. (See https://www.axc-sim.com/product/brake-pedal-mod-for-logitech-g29-g920-g27-g25-pedals/ for details).
    [​IMG]
    It provides a very hard brake with little travel, similar in feel to a load cell brake. The internal main spring is very stiff and drives an internal linear potentiometer. The bumpers allow you to adjust how much soft travel there is before the pot is engaged. I've installed mine with the 3rd highest bumper (2nd from left above).
    Here's what it looks like installed.
    [​IMG]
    So far so good. I've been able to knock 1 to 1.5 secs off my Bathurst time in a Gr3 Mustang on GT Sport, a track that many know I don't like driving at.
    It gets to 100% braking very quickly and allows fine control over brake pressure making it much easier to trail brake. This has allowed me to be later on the brakes than I was with the GT Eye spring mod. I've found that small travel of the 3rd bumper allows me to rest my left foot on the brake without activating it.
  3. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Worth the money T F Eccles?
    I'm over these G29 pedals. Swapped over the clutch and cleaned them no end of times. I don't think its dirt that's the problem I think they are wearing out. I was going to buy this but all my pots are wearing out. Do they do throttle replacement kit too?
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I think so, but more for the brake feel and accuracy than anything else. (FYI it cost about $105 delivered but I funded it out of birthday cash from my in-laws).
    WRT to the pots wearing, putting my old Electronic engineers hat on, I don't that's likely but not impossible. You'll note in that second photo that I run my pedals without the outer shell on, this was initially so that I could observe what was causing input flutter and to make it easier to clean. One day after cleaning the pots with electronic cleaning solvent I was still getting fluttering throttle and the odd false brake application. I found that it was due to the loose manner in which those spade connectors were attached to the pots. Crimping them on harder helped but the ultimate fix was a little dab of solder in them. Never had an issue since. The other thing I did was to cover the pots with that red electrical tape to deter the ingress of dirt.

I don' t think they doa throttle mod, but here's my throttle with the solder on tha tabs.

[​IMG]
    Hatfield and Slartybar like this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    A little update since I last posted in April 2019
  6. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've been using a 'modified' G27 setup I need to flex
    [​IMG]
    I know I know, G27??? So what! but do you have a special Suzuka pillow to help role play your sim racing?
    [​IMG]
    PaulCox, Flamebadger, Rolz and 4 others like this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Looks cool mate. Nothing wrong with the g27. More expensive wheels might have abit better feedback but It won’t make u faster
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Exactly mate I was using a G25 until recently!
    PaulCox, garyw61 and CornfordCaster like this.
  9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What seats are everyone using? I have a mate who's designing an extrusion cockpit but is having trouble finding a suitable seat.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

dj2ca likes this.
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    When I built my own rig I used a SAAS seat.
    dj2ca and Crunch like this.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    My latest creation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Nice looking room and rig you have there bounty!
    Bounty05 likes this.
  15. Rolz

Finally got around to cleaning up my room... so it's way more presentable
    [​IMG]
    nanlatt, Hatfield, beakeroo and 2 others like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    That's looking great, where did you get the mounts for the wheels? I've still got 2 months to wait on my new base, I've recently received a McLaren V2 with a QR1 and I've pre-ordered the new Clubsport RS wheel https://fanatec.com/au-en/detail/index/sArticle/1337
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'm considering changing my order from CSL DD to DD1, one of the things holding me back is my rig (which I'm not really prepared to change at this time) Do you think it'S DD ready?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Rolz

I just 3d printed them... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3205139

that looks pretty rigid but yeah best ask around first...
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Sir McSquid

Sir McSquid New Recruit

Gee there are some impressive set ups here!

I'm looking to invest my tax return into a wheel stand or rig, the tricky part for me is I have a hip impingement, so I can't be too cramped, generally sitting higher off the ground/upright is better.
    Be good if I can find something reasonably cheap, doesn't take up much space and easy to move between my spare room and lounge room. The ones I have my eye on at the moment are
    Next Level Racing GT Lite Foldable Simulator Cockpit
    Next Level Racing Wheel Stand Lite
    Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

I have a G29 and a Logitech Driving Force Shifter, so something that can incorporate those.
    I'm leaning towards a Wheel Stand so I have more flexibility adjusting the chair.
    Any recommendations?
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have the wheel stand with G29 and shifter and it has served me well over the years from couch, to dining chair, and now to a high back gaming chair with arm rests.
    It is adjustable so you can use whatever chair is most comfortable for you.
    I've also added the monitor stand to it but if you are wanting to be able to collapse it, the monitor stand gets in the way (but the wheel/pedals attached do not)
    Sir McSquid likes this.