PlayStation Additional USB number pad keyboard for PC2 on PS4

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by dn.orr83, May 24, 2021.

1. dn.orr83

dn.orr83 Rookie

PSN ID
    Davo_Dinkum_83
    Hi all,
    This was probably answered in about 693 BC, but I was wondering... I have my controller in USB port 1 so I can plug in my headset, and my G29 in USB port 2 on my PS4. I was wondering if it's possible to utilise a USB hub to get access to an extra port, and use a numeric number pad as a pseudo button box.
    1. Will the PS4 handle/understand a USB hub with multiple devices?
    2. Will Project Cars 2 recognise the keyboard and allow me to assign actions to the buttons?
    3. Is there an alternative method to do what I want?
    4. If a woodchuck really could chuck wood, would it even want to?
    5. What's a woodchuck?
    6. Is the answer really 42?

Cheers, Davo_Dinkum_83
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    1. Yes
    4. Ask the Woodchuck
    5. The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as a woodchuck, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots. The groundhog is a lowland creature of North America; it is found through much of the eastern United States, across Canada and into Alaska. It was first scientifically described by Carl Linnaeus in 1758.
    6. Yes
    dn.orr83 and Hatfield like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I use a powered USB logitech hub as one of my PS4 USB ports is busted (upgraded to PS5 now and the hub still works)
    The hub has my wheel, and headset, and at any given time whichever controllers I am charging
    dn.orr83 likes this.