GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Maybe in future the reverse grid race should be worth full points. Most of the time the erstwhile frontrunners end up near the front of it, and the points get aggregated at the end of it anyway.

I got punted into the gravel in race 1 from the lead group and finished last. From that point, even if I won Race 2, it was only ever mathematically possible to get 4th overall (out of 5 runners). Felt a bit pointless to be honest.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Apex_64, TUBBSTER22 and groover33 like this.
  2. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Looks like I escaped from the crash
  3. TUBBSTER22

TUBBSTER22 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    TUBBSTER22
    Of maybe not merge Divisions together fro reverse grid races. Race 2 felt like a Div 3 or 4 race.
    Apex_64 and Stew Wilson like this.
  4. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

It was either merge divisions or cancel/postpone the Div 1 round, running with 5 cars isn't really an option
    Darren Day likes this.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Oi! There was no shenanigans like that depicted above going in our races. Sure there was a bit of hustle and bustle in race 2, as to be expected, but it was respectful and hard fought.

I'd suggest do a manual grid and split the field by Div. Has worked in a mixed D4/D5 room before.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    To be fair, there was no disrespectful moves in my opinion from that image above, just a racing incident from slight contact between two drivers that set off a chain reaction. The replay is shared if anyone wants to take a squizz
    groover33 likes this.
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Some quality divebombing

I'm not much of a fan of reverse grid races but I think it was definitely made worse with the two divisions combined
    TUBBSTER22, groover33 and Apex_64 like this.
  8. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    While I get running a race with 5 cars is far from ideal, aside from a couple of you having to pass me in race 1, did it make any other difference at all to Div 1's race 1 having a bunch of other cars on track behind you guys?

I enjoyed most of the 1st race but it still just felt like I was in the way
  9. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    slightly disrespectful and condescending to your div3/4 cousins
    Xtr3meNZer, Viperzed, NAACS and 2 others like this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe the reverse grid race could be manually set up with the div 1 guys at the front. That way they would quickly pull away and have their own race out front.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I have to disagree.
    Firstly I believe that track and a grid start is asking for trouble reverse grid or not.
    Second there was aggression and disrespect from 1 driver that caused the initial problem in R2.
    I admit I have not driven or especially raced much in the last few months and have been sporadic for a while. My driving has been ordinary at best.
    But I feel the respect on track is deplorable atm, and I am too worried about contact from others. Put simply, standards have dropped.
    Divebombs, blocking and over aggression and disrespect is what leads to situations like lap1 R2.
    On another note the specs are definitely wrong for this season. If tyre wear was going to be so high at 4, fuel should have been 3 to make pitting "mandatory". To have most races being a tyre fuel saving competition to avoid pitting, is not racing to me. High tyre wear kills controller drivers too, some have disappeared because of this I feel.
    I still don't understand why season racing has gone from average of 1x tyre wear to 4 and 5.
    It precludes drivers who can't practice from being competitive.
    Funny does not matter where I am, I seem to be able to find GT and Ursine on track.
    1000 apologies guys.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think it was a div 2 guy that kicked that mess off.
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Two actually. Unintentional. Yeah, perhaps the aftermath might have been slightly different if some had held back going into that corner rather than gunning it, but suppose they weren't anticipating a road block when they decided to do so. Retrospect is a great thing.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I actually had some good racing last night. Unfortunately I was too close to Banana's rear bumper too realize he was running off the road and I followed him, he knew what was happening and recovered and I didn't. It probably was the best thing for me though as I had a cleanish run in race 2 to get enough points to finish ahead of him on the night anyway.
    gtkingx likes this.
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    What happened between us was unintentional and as such I took foot off accelerator and on brake, the 1 driver who started the chain reaction was in similar position to me, possible unintentional at first, but very aggressive, difference being was he kept his foot flat and spun the car.
    Darren Day and emmo46 like this.
  16. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It's a conundrum, you could argue we shouldn't have been 3 wide through the first couple of corners but who was going to be the one to back out? We managed to do it cleanly though, so a credit to all.

Then we faced the same dilemma going into turn 3, back out and let your competitors get the early advantage or drive through the corner and hope everyone can keep it clean? As it turned out those in front of us buggered it up and then some of us coming through got pinballed at which stage it was just luck of the draw.

Really, reverse grid races just reward the most aggressive drivers
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not if there is a successful protest.
    groover33, Viperzed and Apex_64 like this.
  18. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I really mean this sort of thing where you have a car diving down the inside at turn 1 ending up with a wheel over the inside curb. Not illegal but it's high risk and what I'd call aggressive driving. The drivers who are willing to take risks in passing, particularly in the first few corners are the ones who get rewarded in a reverse grid race, if you hold back and wait for safer opportunities you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to those who don't
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think the two wheels inside the corner is Ok as long as he can keep it there until corner exit and not plow across the road taking everyone wide.
    Apex_64 and gtkingx like this.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It's not illegal but the risk of causing an incident is very high and if one driver is doing that then if you don't take similar risks then you're putting yourself at a disadvantage to someone who will - so it ends up with everyone taking risks they wouldn't in a normal grid race and turn 3 happens. That was all I meant by my earlier comment about aggressive drivers being rewarded