SEASON 15 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 22, 2021.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Another cracking race guys.... Who said GT3s were crap to race ?

My night, after a weekend on the cans, early morning fishing and then golf.... I was done after about 20 mins !

Qual i was about 2 seconds off the pace so lined up 12th i think, hoping that could find my groove through the race... Kind of happened, after a couple came together on lap 2, was up to 7th or 8th, but had Natman up my pipes giving me the hurry up... Cost us a bit of time so i let him go in the hope he would drag up back closer to the front, but nope... Status quo until the rain and lower temps hit... With about 6 to go i managed to get to 6th, with a couple in front having a few issues, and AOC and Kart apparently forgetting to fit their wiper button, so they were parked up in the pits... With about 3 to go, i was catching @Jim_aka_The_Man at about 2 sec a lap, and with 2 to go i was right on his clacker out of the final corner.... We averted disaster when he tried to let me go and i run up his clacker at turn 1, so i redressed for him only to get a tank slapper on coming out of 4 onto the back straight and that gave me 5th... All in all a fun race, amazing how much better the weather changes and temp adjustments have made the racing with all the cars having periods of being quick....

HAve to say well done to stozza for his first div 1 win, which he dominated from qual to the chequered flag...

Onto the Nurb GP for what should be another cracker
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great race last night guys...

Well done to AOC on the win.... Great pace, and to Stozz and TT for the podium...
    I ruined my night with a balls up at the chicane to lose 4 tenths and pole by just .014 to TB, then proceeded to clip him on the entry to the chicane on lap 1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:...... By the time i redressed (what i thought was a spin) i was back to 9th, and TB had gotten away (as much as he could) with just dropping a few spots ...... Sorry mate, my plan was just to run with you at the front and see if we could gap the rest, i didnt give us a chance.

Pitted lap 2, and then just tried to punch out qual laps..... Managed to get back to 4th, but AOC was just too quick in race trim so couldnt get close to making the time back..... Had a good battle with TT for the whole race, seems the McLaren and Audi very well balanced as 21 laps and the gap stayed almost exactly the same for the remainder of the race...

On to Road America for the sprint round... Hopefully the good racing continues.
    Stu
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks for the race guys.
    I ended up 4th on the grid, even though it was not a perfect lap.
    Got to third after the start and just followed TB and Stu for the first few laps as we had a minor gap to 4th. Then Stu did a me and clipped TB going into the chicane which gifted me 1st.
    I just put my head down trying not to make a mistake lapping in the 57’s while the rest were in the 58’s.
    I did have a wobble about half way thru and my lead went from 7secs down to 3!
    But I still had the lead and kept pushing. I jumped in for my pit stop about lap 19 or so with a 9 sec lead and came out ahead of TT by about 8secs. A few laps later stozz finally pitted and came out just ahead of TT and Stu.
    From there I still had Spa on my mind where I gifted TB the lead after my spin, so I was determined not to do it again!
    So well done to Stozz for another great race to bring it home 2nd, and TT for 3rd.
    Looking forward to Road America, even tho I think the Audi and Lambo will have a big straight line advantage.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Season is shaping up like a cracker guys, i think there will be about 5 drivers in with a shot of the championship going into the last 2 rounds....

Last weeks sprint round was a good night for me.... Id found a little pace and knew in qual i needed to nail turn 1 and 2 so the Audi would stay strong through the middle sector. To finally steal a pole from @AOCleaner74 on the last lap was kinda satisfying ! In Race 1, AO got a great start and used the draft into turn 1, only to shoot through and gift it back to me.... Was a huge help as the next 5 or 6 laps he spent trying to get the ground back fighting with others. By then the gap had slid out to about 7 seconds and short of a few clench moments at turn 3 and 4, cruised to a win by a few seconds...

In Race 2 was a case of missing the spinners, so starting from last was interesting..... By lap 6 i think i was up to 5th, with Kart in front.... In the first ever ROOZ team strategic play, kart slowed me into AO, who managed to miss his brake marker, and had a massive dive into turn 3, which he managed to pull off.... by this stage, was still in 5th, but a timely spin by AOC (i hope you saw me waving at you) on the exit of 4 or 5 saw kart and me up to 2nd and 3rd, Downshift also making a mistake. From then it was a case of just following Kart home to the end, in 3rd and a much better result i was thinking i would get.

Good job TB on the second race win.... The protests have been sorted, so i have no idea how that will place drivers overall for the round, @Bounty05 has the info so hopefully can get to it when he has the time.

Good luck at Zolder guys, its a fun track !
  8. Anthonyb

9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing the other night guys.... yet another week of if onlys and maybes !

Qual i couldn't get a lap together so started 4th..... By turn 2 was up to second and in behind @Ian sainty , and i thought we could control the pace and based on prac, slowly drive away..... lap 2 had different ideas, as i spun after the second chicane, and was back to second last ... What a potato ! Pitted straight away, and slowly worked back to 4th with the top 2 yet to stop, and was reeling Jim in about 1/2 to 3/4 sec per lap... With about 8 to go i miised my brake marker at the final chicane, so the gap blew out from 1.5 seconds to about 7 seconds again :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.... BY this stage i had @AOCleaner74 closing fast, but he blew it at turn 3 so pressure there gone, then stozz pitted and came out tright in front with 3 or 4 laps to go..... He gave me a sniff of a pass, but just couldnt get it done to finish just 1/2 second behind.....With Jim just 3 seconds up the road..... Ahhhhh the early spin killed me, but from the sounds of it everyone made a meal of something!

Well done Jim and Stozz, last round will be a doozy !
  10. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So what’s happening this weekend? I know NSW has a holiday Monday but the rest of us don’t...
    Do you guys need another day to cry after tonight’s game?:sneaky:
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i will say we are on !
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Confirming that we will be racing this week as normal.
    If you are OUT, please let us know so we can adjust rooms if needed to fill up the grids.

Good luck to everyone in the championship hunt in both Am and Pro-Am....
    Been a great season of racing, ill be starting to get the new season started ASAP
    Stu
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  14. Anthonyb

15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  16. Thomas Cole

Thomas Cole Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tt13092504
    I’m out this week unfortunately I am in the process of moving sorry lads will be back next season
  17. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Great racing tonight
    Had pole with a 42.7, got away well and after downshift and stozza had a moment together t2 I had a 1.5sec lead. Put my head down and by the time I pitted lap 24 I had a 10 sec lead without a single error.
    And then it all turned to :):):):) when the temp changed.... had 3 spins, even by not pushing hard I had a hard time...
    Dot had the lead after the stops ( but had a pit infringement of 10 secs to deal with)
    I caught him up only for him to make a little error and let me thru, and that’s when I started driving like sh##.
    So ahead of me was Stozz, Dot, kart and TB.
    It wasn’t until the temp changed I could then challenge. By this time Dot had the lead again. It seemed like stozz was just keeping the gap to him to take the win with Kart, TB and myself catching.
    Not sure what happened, but TB got passed Kart for the last step on the podium, and then I followed a few laps later after kart made a little mistake ( not so Mr consistent now are you)!
    By then TB was about 3 secs ahead of me and within 10 secs of Dot, I was a 12 secs off...
    As much as I tried I just missed out by 1 sec setting the fastest lap on the way and come home 4th..
    Well done to Stozza for the win and championship, great going mate.
    Shame Stu couldn’t race tonight, would have really mixed things up with 6 of us gunning for the championship.
    In all it was a season of mixed fortunes for all of us, but one of the most enjoyable I’ve had.
    On to next season now....
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah well done Stozza on the championship. Sounds like was a great race...

I was stuck at work and didnt look like would have made it home, then to complicate had to pick the young fella up after his Oztag rep in gosford, so when i got the message they were leaving the north coast at 6, i knew my night was shot.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great 7 weeks of racing.... Congrats to stozz for the championship win, even if i did race and won, if he finished 2nd he still would have taken the lollies, so well done mate... Also thanks to @Ad2mny and @garyw61 for their help with the stewards group, was great to have a season with little issue.... Cant forget @Bounty05 for the awesome work he always does with our tables.... Really is appreciated given he isnt even racing our series any more....

Onto Season 16, will start to sort through that.... Will be trying hard to keep the PCARS2 league at 3 divs, so please keep an eye out for the entry thread oin the next day or 2..... As for a car, i have a couple of ideas, but as always will look at something that suits all divs and will give some great racing in 'non tune' trim....
    Thanks
    Stu
    Ad2mny, Bounty05, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  19. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5