ACC [PC] Season 6 - Round 1 [Snetterton 2019 - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Jun 8, 2021.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 6 - GT3 World Tour
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Flamebadger

Round 1 - SPRINT - Snetterton 2019
    [​IMG]
    14th June 2021 at 8:00pm
    (AEST - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL NOTES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or disadvantaging other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR01 [PRAC/RACE] S6 R1 [Snetterton 2019 - 60min]
    Server Password: season6
    • This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will kick over to official practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on the Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    'Whacky' Wednesday Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR02 [WHACKY WED] S6 R1 [Snetterton 2019 - 2x30min]
    Server Password: season6
    • This server is both for season 6 practice and for others wishing to try out racing at ROOZ.
    • The server runs as a Super Sprint with 2x30min races and no pitstops.
    • The server will kick over to first practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on the Wednesday night.
    • The server has an open entry list with an SA rating of 60.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • more info: Whacky Wednesday Forum Thread

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • Fuel optional, fill time not fixed.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 1x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 3pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
    • Weather: "ambientTemp": 21, "cloudLevel": 0.2, "rain": 0.1, "weatherRandomness": 5

CAR CHOICE
    This season is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

>> ROOZ Discord Server <<

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

WHY NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS?
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for this season. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to the season remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  2. krunch

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  3. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Season 6 let's go!
    I don't have the highest end PC but I'll probably keep all the replays from this season like I did for season 5, if there's anyone who wants to make high quality videos (even if they're like what I did last season that would be great) then I should have all the older sessions available, I'll probably keep doing the class winner photos though.

Narrowed down the car choice to 3 cars no so still no idea what I might drive next week!
    c4rLo5, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Happy birthday Queen Elizabeth! Looking forward to Monday
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  5. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    I'm happy to post our replay highlights on YouTube, if that's what you are after. Let me know.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    CornfordCaster and c4rLo5 like this.
  6. MatthewMarshHK

MatthewMarshHK Rookie

Not sure if it matters but noticed there is another car using #68.
    Looking forward to the race tonight!
    krunch likes this.
  7. krunch

Thanks for the headsup. Unfortunately we can't change that right now so whichever of you get's into the server first tonight will get that number tonight. It won't really matter for now. Once Steve has internet access again he'll be able to sort it out (along with the driver classes which we can't access right now - separate post about that soon). At that time we'll figure out who keeps that number and who changes to another one. Generally the Driver who used it in the previous season get's first refusal.
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  8. krunch

& @AbleArcher83

This has now been changed in the server entry list (but won't change on the main entry list for now). MatthewMarshHK keeps #68 and AbleArcher83 now has #680
  9. krunch

Results posted in post #2
  10. CornfordCaster

Aww man what could have been! spin myself on the first bloody lap!!!! :poop:

A lot of fun coming back up to 10th and if I didn't hit Wally then we both could have finished 7th/8th or so since we were really catching Krunch and those battling ahead quite rapidly in the last 20 minutes. I had a lot of good battles during the race and the track really forces you to be patient when trying to pass someone, I'd stuck a whole bunch of fuel in the car from the start since the fuel usage is actually pretty low at this track and only went to the pits after I have completed a lap in P1 after everyone else had stopped, it was also the same lap that Andy was probably going to give me blues flags so it was a good time to pit without losing time to that. I think I gained a lot of time in the pits and usually have in the past but I did have some clean running for a bout 10-20 minutes before my stop that would have helped. All in all it was decent recovery drive but I sure would have liked to battled up the top instead!

The Nissan is a bit of a handful but I think I will enjoy this season overall, it'll at least be a good test if I'm able to be somewhat competitive with it.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Very enjoyable race last night. Happy to report a fairly consistent run with only one mistake braking too deep into the second hairpin. A couple of nice overtakes and keeping my cool from a lot of pressure from behind. Apologies I couldn't join the voice chat as Windows decided to :):):):) itself and not recognise my headset as a microphone anymore. I lost 20 minutes of practice trying to fix it and then another 90 minutes afterwards troubleshooting to no avail. PITA
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had a good run in the Lexus, which I've never raced before. It occasionally felt a bit sketchy on the slowest corners, almost wanting to over-rotate. After my stop, on cold tyres, I had a stupidly slow spin on my out lap at one of the slow corners, losing a couple of places, which was annoying. But overall I had an entertaining race, with Chris Hildebrand and JP Read.
  13. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

First official race with you guys and i loved it!!! Very pleased to over qual Wally(my enemy number 1)lolol.
    To be honest the first half hour was great i do not think i put i wheel in the wrong and i could stay almost chained to the group in front headed by wally,but i was slightly loosing ground and so i lost my honda at the last corner under braking,,,,off she goes and i tell ya....i was not impressed!!!
    So i then headed to the pit which was a disaster,forgot to turn engine off and lost big loooong seconds.
    Reeling in Gock was fun and after some laps i spotted his weak point and i passed him there.....great!!!!
    It must have been my first professional pass in months lolololol
    I gave him the position back after running out of fuel in front of the chequered flag!!!
    Great fun,great entartaining,great bunch of professional drivers!!! lol thx guys
    I am an old man and stay glued in front the PC for 90 min for the enduro race is going to be hard but i will try:D
    Hey Mael......can not wait to watch Holland v Italy at the euro tournament........:devilish: Also congrats to O`Hara for a terrific qual lap...1:45.9!!! you are an ALIEN !!!!
    ACC,,,,,,,,ROCKS!!!!
    Ciao!!!!!!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    c4rLo5, nanlatt, MusicRacer and 2 others like this.
  14. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

My first PC race on Rooz (done PS4 season/races before) and I'll rate it 6/10. I'll be honest and say I am not a Snetterton fan (its basically a maze in a paddock IMO) so I was actually pretty happy to crack a 47 in Qual.
    I've recently settled on the Porsche for everything I do after at least 6 months of car hopping constantly and I've not yet quite cracked the secret for taking Practice/Qual pace into the race - but I got an essentially clean start and through a couple of mistakes by others was in a pretty comfortable 7th. Until that is, I arrived at the first hairpin on lap 4 to find the first brake marker had been removed. I usually try NOT to use the brake markers because they get taken out so frequently but I guess subconsciously I was still using it as a reference point and too late realised and sailed straight past and onto the grass; that dropped me to 13th. Even so, as much through luck as skill, managed to get back to 9th before on lap 15 I picked up a slow puncture - which forced me into the pits at least 3 laps earlier than I had intended. To keep the ball rolling the bumps in pit lane caught me out and I overshot my pit bay which led to a slow stop.
    I came out 21st behind Ursinesaturn I believe but after a few laps of trying to create an opportunity to pass, I took too much curb at Hamilton and around I went. By this time the field had spread out a bit and once all the pit stops had played out I was 12th and there I pretty much stayed. The last 15 minutes or so I struggled a bit with focus and motivation (my second race in 2 days after a 90min Bathurst the day before) which allowed one of the Mclarens a bit of a sniff (Nando I think - I'm not great with names sorry) but I was able to keep it together enough to hold out. I did catch another Lexus (Chris Hildebrandt?) right at the end but didn't really have a serious chance of doing anything in the time left.

So that's that - I can now add a bumper sticker that says I survived Snetterton and move onto Donnington. Sorry if this is a bit of a read but when/if I do these sorts of things its all in ;)
    JJ_Penguin, c4rLo5, Mael and 4 others like this.
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I normally have a rubbish qually, but finish better. Last night was qual 17, finish 9. So raise the bar, and try to beat me in the race ;)
    krunch and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. MatthewMarshHK

MatthewMarshHK Rookie

Good to be back racing with Rooz. I tried some other groups whilst waiting for Season 6 to start. With Rooz there's much less contact. This is a great credit to the drivers and organisers. Well done!
  17. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

Wally.......gloves are off!!!!! :alien:
    But yes congrats!! You did very well!!
    Wally and krunch like this.
  18. krunch

It's so good to get Season 6 underway!!! And yes I make no apology for yet another novel length race report by Krunch!

Nice job last night everyone! Somehow at the Snetterton goat track we all managed to morph our GT3 race horses into loudly baying goats and squeeze our way through the start without incident! Amazing!

[​IMG]

I must confess I actually like this track. Having raced on it many times before in other sims with inferior tyre models I used to curse and splutter at it when it would decide to chuck me off into the sticks. But now I enjoy the challenge and ACC's tyre model actually really shines on a track like this.

My race was very enjoyable and I was pretty happy with the result.

Qual: I did a couple of decent if not great laps which luckily didn't bury me in the field -10th (turned into 9th when Carlos seemed not to be on the grid? Not sure what happened there.)

Race: Got a decent start and I managed that tricky "assertive caution" that's needed in a tight pack on cold tyres. Looks like everyone else did the same :thumbsup:. I lost a spot to Nando but then got it back when he ran deep at the LH hairpin. Another gift arrived when James flew into the infield so he could stage a dramatic comeback drive through the field :sneaky:! I think Nando had a similar script!

As the laps wore on there was a brewing 4 car battle ahead of me but I just couldn't quite close the gap to get a better view! Fluke was heading Vandelay, Dowd and Marsh and it was a classic GT3 battle with a BMW, Audi, Merc and Porsche all trying to get the upper hand. Eventually though it ended in tears with Vandelay and Dowd coming together and going off track. This allowed me and Mael to sneak through.

The rest of the stint was uneventful as I maintained a good gap to Mael behind with the intention of preventing him from being able to pass me in the pitstop phase.

That failed...

My pitstop wasn't a disaster but I was cautious coming into the pitbox due to the bumps and slow to turn off my engine due to VR making it hard to find switches sometimes. I still thought I'd have enough margin to keep ahead of him but his overcut worked very well and he was 2 positions and 4 or 5 seconds ahead when he'd done his pitstop. Damn! I had work to do.

Ahead of me Fluke had managed to just stay ahead of Vandelay after their stops and they were battling hard. I was slowly gaining on them until they unfortunately clashed at T2. I just got through in front of Fluke but sadly Vandelay retired. Fluke put the pressure back on and although I was holding out well that BMW just had too much grunt on the straights and he slipped through into T1. From then on I was more or less glued to his bumper. I could not get an overlap that mattered anywhere and on the straights he just walked away. The battle was great though!

Even so we were both reeling in Mael. With our pace we we were going to catch him in the last couple of laps. I think Mael's tyres were not the best and when he had a moment and went off track both Fluke and I got past! I tried to pressure Fluke into a mistake but he held on and I could not get past.

So a finish of 6th was the best I could do and I think that was better than I could have expected looking at the woes of others who were quicker.

Congrats to Andy on the win and well done to Stimson for 2nd and Marsh for 3rd! Marshy you are going to be hard to catch this season I fear!

A shout out to all the new drivers who've joined us for this season and took to the track last night. Great racing and glad to have you onboard with us :thumbsup:
  19. CornfordCaster

I can’t believe you did this!
    JJ_Penguin, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  20. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Great Race last night all, had some great battles and a nose bleed for being so high up the order then in past seasons ,I know we had some of our quicker racers not on last night but still happy to QF 3rd and finish 5th in a quality field, when last season I was lucky to break top 15 ...Feeling good and on top of the BMW so hoping I might be able to bag a couple more top 10 throughout the season if Im lucky
    c4rLo5 and krunch like this.