ACC [PC] Season 6 - Round 1 [Snetterton 2019 - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Jun 8, 2021.

1. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah for some reason SteamVR crashed at the end of quali, so I was frantically trying to get back into the server before the green flag. :eek:
    Started from last, but had a good race overall. Really enjoyed some close racing with Andy @Something , although could only get past him on the overcut pitstop. Meanwhile @CornfordCaster was breathing down my neck the whole time, making his way back to the front. Apologies to @killagorilla for the contact after my overtake move, thought I'd got it done and tried to leave room but wasn't sure if you were able to pull up in time.
    Congrats to the podium, and looking forward to the next one.
    CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  2. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Had a good run with you there! When I got past you were creeping back I was trying to get the next guy! A few moments when we all got very close especially went we nearly went 4 in 1 turn but it came out somehow.
    krunch likes this.
  3. Something

Something New Recruit

Yeah real fun first race for me here. Got my first taste of defending (im)properly with ya Carlos @c4rLo5 as well as a few others who I was holding up for a bit in that first stint. Got me working real hard trying to multitask watching where you were going as well as trying to keep my own driving clean letalone on the track. Sorry for the sloppiness ahah but it definitely made for an awesome learning experience for me. Unfortunately the bumps got me in the pit stop so I lost a good 5 odd seconds reversing back to my spot so we couldn't keep up the fun ;)

Definitely a great time though and I'm stoked that I jumped in on this. Catch ya's all in the next one.:D
    CornfordCaster, krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  4. CornfordCaster

In most circuits you're better off taking a half second really taking your pitbox entry slow to make sure you don't lose even more time by being out of position, Snetterton definitely compounded this.
    Something likes this.
  5. CornfordCaster

Yep that'd awesome mate! Even if it's just the straight highlights from your own file like this:
  6. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Round 1 highlights replay, for your viewing pleasure.
    MusicRacer, c4rLo5, krunch and 4 others like this.
  7. CornfordCaster

A few interesting battles I didn't see, it's funny how we see only see Andy when he crosses the line to win but even on the final corner he nails that turn! We don't even see you after the start Glenn! Marsh's livery looks different too me so I might just need to check I have the right all the I've removed all the others.
    krunch likes this.
  8. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    I was by myself for almost the entire race, which was a little boring. Explains why I didn't get any air time in the highlights.
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Brilliant! Thanks for that Glenn :). Nice job on the opening logo too :thumbsup:
  10. CornfordCaster

I believe we have @andrelli from the PS leagues to thank for the opening logo :thumbsup:
    krunch likes this.
  11. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Yeah, the Ferrari's didn't do too well there. I was badly prepared...had only a rough idea about the track. When getting into practice and noticing after some I thought not too bad laps that I was 1.5 or 2s behind Wally I thought, this is gonna be a quiet race for myself at the very end of the field. Somehow I found some time and qualified not too bad...just 0.3s behind Wally. Made a few little mistakes during the race, which gave the guys following me the invite for a nice pass. One collision with I think a McLaren, but no idea who's fault it was. Made it through the race without even getting lapped...yeah, bad pit stop as usual. However, I enjoyed the race...had quite a bit of a brake from ACC actually. Thanks