GT Sport Season 16 Division 1 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Hatfield asked me to post the track guide (with important notes on track limits)
    Enjoy!
  2. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  3. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    I'm going to have to drop out of this season due to work.
    Really sorry, I thought my Sunday evenings were off-limits, but alas!
    I'll hopefully race again later in the year when work schedule will be consistent, and uni is finished :)
    UrsineSaturn9 and Rangeraus like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey all, good luck for tonight's first round, hope you all have a great season.
    Tiny bit of house keeping...
    - Season Sponsor is SELBY ACCOUSTICS and they have offered up a great prize yet again. Thanks so much to Shaun and his team. These speakers are RRP $1699.
    https://www.selby.com.au/brands/scansonic/scansonic-l9-floorstanding-speakers-pair.html

Details to be eligible for the prize are here
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...going-with-new-prizes.2855/page-2#post-229990

Finally, we banned a racer from our ACC series last week after abuse in the room chats. A reminder to everyone, make sure if there is an issue please go through Hatfield or your room captain.

Good luck for the season to all drivers.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bang is stuck in lockdown, and @Rangeraus created a (more) helpful video on a lap + track limits.

Here is a quick one showing a pitstop:

I don't mind drivers going through the final turn quickly and diving into the pits. I would ask you lift a little bit to try and make entry before the red/white striped area before the pit wall.
    HOWEVER, if someone else is on your inside and they are compromised by your pit entry, YOU WILL BE PENALISED.

Pit exit is easy, it releases you after the unbroken line. Just be aware of drivers coming down the straight
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Still see you on Dirt Rally 2 hopefully.
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  7. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I’m getting some hopeless lag, I’ll have to pass tonight.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    see how you go next week, I maybe hosting
    ssman244 likes this.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Division 1 - Race 1 - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP

Pole - @MINT_GTR

Results -
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps -
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Noodles87, MINT_GTR and 2 others like this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Pretty happy with that overall. My quali lap was really good to land P4 and tow @CaptainRisky21 to P5. Nailed my start too on Mediums and challenged the front runners, unfortunately I got caught in an awkward spot and lost spots to many inside the top 10. Got my pace on the money around lap 8 which was much too late considering I pitted lap 10 for Softs. Pace on softs was really good, managed to average low 55s to hunt down @Noodles87 and @Rangeraus but ended up 1 lap short as I finally caught them after the back straight on the final lap. Very happy with P6 considering. Huge congrats to @MINT_GTR @LR__AmazingHour @Twitchy for taking out the podium.

Will more than likely be missing next weeks race.
    Apex_64, Peersy, Noodles87 and 2 others like this.
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Pretty disappointed with that one. Got towed to a good qually lap by @Viperzed which put me in 5th. Got a good launch and was in 4th by the end of the 1st sector.
    Didn't last long though. I let my teammate @Noodles87 through before the hairpin and didn't move far enough back across, compromising my entry and in turn my exit. Ended up in the sand and a clean 360° spin pit me in last. Clawed back to 11th. Unsure if i'll make next race but I hope to see you all there
    Noodles87 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  12. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    My qualifying was pretty bad but I ended up getting a decent result in the end. Qualified P6 & finished P4. Started on the mediums just like most of the others, & ran them to lap 9 & put softs on till the end. Had an incredible battle against @Rangeraus for 4th position. Managed to get Ranger on the last lap but man that was some of the best racing I've had in a long time. I kept looking back & kept seeing @Viperzed getting closer & closer to us but managed to hold on just about. Other than that, my pace was average but ended up having a great battle till the end. Congrats to @MINT_GTR @LR__AmazingHour & @Twitchy for finishing on the podium!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Apex_64, Hatfield, Matthyus and 5 others like this.
  13. Twitchy

Twitchy Rookie

Was a really fun race tbh! Happy to be back for this season actually. These cars are super fun to drive and test us all in different ways.
    My first intention was mediums then softs but I wasn’t sure if the tyres would hold on for how many laps I had planned, little did I know we could run around for 8-9 laps on our fuel. But nonetheless I chose softs at the start and moved from P3 to P1 before the first turn after catching Matt with some wheel spin off the line and just better reactions to beat Amazinghour to the T1 apex! From there it was all guns blazing where I ended up pulling a 9 second gap by the end of lap 9 when I was due to pit. Unfortunately my strategy didn’t play out as I lost 3 seconds in the pits and being played with the diamond in the fuel causing me to over fuel for a whole lap. -.-

To which the battle was on to hold on and hole that the soft tyres go off at the end. To which they didn’t and I had fallen to 3 after a really good scrap with both other podium runners, I kept with Matt for a whole lap on a slower compound but in the end really just couldn’t pull anything more out. Lesson learned for strategy for future races like that but happy to start my return in Season 16 with a P3 podium and a good haul of points :)
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Just a note for all Div 1 competitors

We've made an executive decision to run the remainder of this seasons qualifying sessions on 0x fuel wear and 0x tire wear.
    RidwanF1, Darren Day, Noremac and 2 others like this.
  15. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    In practice mode and then manually setting the grid? i.e we can still start the session on the soft and change before the race?
    RidwanF1 likes this.
  16. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Correct.
    RidwanF1 and Rangeraus like this.
  17. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Will this just be for Div1 or all Divisions?
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    up to the room captains in each division
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated
    x0 tyre/fuel wear for sprint round
    Tyre Regs : Heavy Wets only for Round 4
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So 1 lap on mediums or medium no stop or softs only?

EDIT: never mind. Softs only in the OP