GT-Sport SCNG Season 2 - **Completed**

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Xtr3meNZer, Jul 10, 2021.

1. RidwanF1

RidwanF1 Rookie

PSN ID
    RidwanF1
    For qualifying are we allowed to use any car?
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    For R1Q everyone must use the Corvette. For race nights you must qualify and race in the team car you have been allocated that night. You can switch cars week to week (only one of each car per team per room) but not within a race night
    RidwanF1 likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just under 1 week until we kick off with the qualifiers! Get your entries in as would be great to run a second room if enough interest.

Also still after any volunteers to captain a team so send me a message if interested. Captains will be involved in team selection and confirming with team members who will be driving which team car each fortnight.
  4. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    In please.
    But as a probable, possible, maybe, so as a reserve for a team, as my availability is unknown.
    I can not make the qualifiers on Thursday.

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with the clear error of my status changing from Team Driver to Professional.
    I am an ordinary amateur racer at best, and need to ride on the coat-tails of other drivers in a team.
    Xtr3meNZer and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I believe it is based on number of posts
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looking likely we will have one room so some reserves is a good thing. Drop me a msg when you're on and I can try to set a room for qualifying. Might be one or two on Friday / Saturday anyway if others can't make it. Alternatively I can just give you +8% drivers ballast now and be done with it! ;)
    RidwanF1 and Apex_64 like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am no hope of making it on the weekend either.
    Give me whatever you deem as fair. That is the beauty of the ballast use for handicapping in these series.
    If it is too high it will drop, too low it will rise.
    Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    We got two weeks between R1Q and the first round, so plenty of time mate, though preferably within the first week if possible :) Wont take too long also if only one or two people in a room
  9. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    First time for me in this series. Can i assume a car livery will be provided and we will be told which car we are driving prior to each race?
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Liveries will be required for round 1 in just over a couple of weeks time, but not for R1Q this week. Each of the 5 teams will be responsible for putting together their team liveries. These can be made by someone in the team or out of the team if you're not savvy with the livery editor (like myself). Aim is to finalise draft by next week. Who drives which car each week will be a team decision and ultimately the team captains responsibility to co-ordinate.

And on that note, still looking for any volunteers to captain a team. :whistling:
    Xtr3meNZer, Peersy and Beats143 like this.
  11. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Cheers Urs, i will be relying on someone other than me for the liveries:) i am already getting in trouble at home balancing the boss, the kids, work, GT Sport Rooz, SCNG and Bathurst 2 hr. I just got tired thinking about all that:) oh and practicing to try and keep ahead in Div 3. @emmo46 has got me covered this week from what i have seen in the rain. NO STICKY TYRE
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So modest. Your Kyoto race time was faster than mine last round! :alien:
    Beats143 likes this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    A reminder to all that qually session will be running tomorrow night at 8:15pm AEST. I'll host the room. Note that we will run in "Race" mode with a 5 second gap between each driver setting off to ensure clean air. Remember all 5 flying laps will be used to calcuate your average lap time, so drive fast, but try not to bin it! (especially at Dragon Trail!). If this does happen, that lap will be omitted, just try not to obstuct any other drivers and find a clear space to slot in for the next flyer.

R1Q Hot Stint and Driver Ballast
    • SCNG Season 2 is open to all levels of drivers and therefore driver ballast will be applied to reduce field spread and allow for close racing
    • Ballast will be set based on previous BOP testing and the R1Q Hot Stint, which aims to measure both pace and consistency
    • Drivers will complete a 6 lap “race” in the Corvette with the standard BOP at the round 1, 2 and 3 tracks with the average laps time from the 5 flying laps* used from each track used to generate an overall ranking (any major outlier laps may be ignored)
    • Room settings as per race, but with 0x tyre wear and 0x fuel depletion
    • Grid will be set based on Fastest First practice times with 2 to 3 laps practice between tracks
    • Drivers will start at 5 second intervals in grid order to ensure sufficient space between cars for the full pace outlap and 5 flying laps (i.e. P1 start at 0, P2 at 5 sec, P3 at 10 sec, etc)
    • Once all 3 sessions are completed, the baseline BOP will be centred around the overall average lap time for all drivers and Driver Ballast of up to +/-8% weight will be applied for each driver based on previous BOP test results to equalise the field (approximately 1% ballast per 0.1s difference in average lap time multiplied by a factor of 0.7x to account for race conditions)
    • Anyone interested in the nerdy BOP test calculations please <click here> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VRBmUL360o2OjyyfCuz_bZeWOmlDppfU566V1lb-PfM/edit?usp=sharing
    • Sandbaggers Ballast: The admin team will reserve the right to add any discretional “Sandbaggers Ballast” if any drivers are found to be sandbagging their laps in order to reduce their Driver Ballast. All R1Q replays will be shared in game for anyone that wants to scrutinise any particular laps and if there are any concerns please contact the admins by PM. DO NOT accuse any drivers on the forum
  14. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Does that mean we are starting from the grid? 5 sec interval with 0 tyre & 0 fuel wear?
    Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  15. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Yes that's it mate, in grid order
    Xtr3meNZer and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, practice times will set grid. Set off in 5 second intervals:
    P1 @ green light
    P2 @ 5 sec
    P3 @10 sec
    P4 @15 sec
    P5 @20 sec
    P6 @25 sec
    P7 @30 sec
    P8 @35 sec
    P9 @40 sec
    P10 @45 sec
    P11 @50 sec
    P12 @55 sec
    P13 @60 sec
    P14 @65 sec
    P15 @70 sec
    P16 @75 sec

First lap should be at full pace also
    Xtr3meNZer, Beats143 and Peersy like this.
  17. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    this is exciting, even just for the QualiFlying :)
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Bragging rights are on the table
    Peersy likes this.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Less than 4 hours to go for R1Q! I hope you're all ready to go - even though the series doesn't officially start racing until next week haha.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on track tonight.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Actually 2 weeks until the first race :rolleyes:
    Teams announced next week :)