GT Sport Season 17 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 27, 2021.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Attention, attention. I will be hosting this division. Please ensure you have befriended me before Sunday.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You mean I'll have a friend. Nawww
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You have a friend. :inlove:
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Hopefully this helps

Hatfield, sparklehead83 and Matthyus like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Another what coulda been.
    2 major accidents / self inflicted spins put a spot to a possible podium finish.
    Well done to the winners, kept it clean to take home the trophy.
  8. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Drive of my life tonight, apart from 2 little mistakes that cost me first place I was very happy. Moving up from div 3 I was hoping for top half finishes at best, so this came as a surprise.
  9. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Although saying that road cars are my jam, I'm slow in anything with racing tyres as standard.
    Loving the car choice this season
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Thanks for the race.
    Qualified 4th. Someone jumped the start which gave me 3rd.
    2nd place visited the sand on the cork screw when I was up there clacker. Gifted 2nd.
    Maintained the gap to 3rd after that as sparkles had disappeared into the distance.
    Watch in my rear vision mirror as 3rd made a mistake on the quickest corner of the track and lost a couple of spots.
    Seen sparkle pit 3secs up the road early so followed him in. Still had enough fuel for 3 laps due to fuel saving.
    After pits I found myself right behind sparkle and kept the pressure on and stayed glued to him. Eventually he had a small bobble after we traded places for a lap and gave me the lead. A few laps again in the rear view I seen him tank slap and cudos to him for not turning it around. That gave me a large lead to manage to the end.
    First win for me and coming from div3 I thought I had no chance, consistency paid off for me.
    Bring on the next rounds.
    Thanks again
    Matthyus, sparklehead83 and emmo46 like this.
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Funny, I'm the opposite. Don't do as well when we choose a road car.
  12. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Horses for courses I suppose. I can't find the limit in race cars and havent the reflexes or skill required to handle them when I do. Road cars seem to have more body flex and respond totally differently to brake and accelerator use in my opinion
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've found that you can maintain speed throughout the corner easier in this car. That or I'm just learning new driving skills....
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I enjoy road cars. I have still got some work to do to close the pace gap to the quick guys in this div and maybe I can't. Last night I managed a good lap to start 5th. Emerged from turn 1 in 4th and for a few laps stayed close to @Ben Campbell and @Matthyus but then they started to pull away and @sparklehead83 was alarmingly disappearing off into distance. I was happy at that stage to stroke along and see what developed as I had a comfortable gap back to a battling pack led by @Blunty075 .
    After about half a dozen laps @Peter P broke free from that pack and was eating the gap like a crocodile so I decided to push harder to defend the gap and spun at the dreaded turn 6. That dropped me back to eighth with a couple of cars chewing my rear bumper. I crept away from them as they fought over which of them would feast on my bumper and managed to catch @doodah and made a pass that took all the way from turn 2 to turn 5 to complete. I then ran wide again at turn 6 and he passed me again and then pulled way so I couldn't repeat the pass. I closed a little on him and was right on his tail when we both pitted.
    Exiting the pits a strange thing happened, @doodah27's car was inside mine almost completely and as we rejoined the track we separated as I was aware he was there and moved to the right for a tight line to turn 3. we entered side by side and then I saw in my mirror that he had spun, not sure if there was a glitch or he got a shock as we entered the turn for me to be suddenly there.
    At this stage I was 6th with gaps both fore and aft and just headed for home. Fortunately for me @Peter P and @Matthyus went off course and I moved up to 4th again. Blunty was ahead and for a couple of laps I closed on him but then I got untidy and he pulled away again and 4th is where I finished.
    I am very happy with 4th place as 3rd was possible if not for my mistake but all things considered I was very lucky to retrieve the 4th I threw away early in the race.
    I am glad this track is behind us as it is cruel to little errors and I hope to be closer to the front runners at some of the upcoming tracks.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  15. Se7endan

Se7endan Rookie

PSN ID
    Dan Turismo
    It was great fun racing these cars & racing you guys, really looking forward to the rest of the season racing in Div2 as usually I'm Div3 & yes happy we got Laguna out the way as its the least forgiving track out of the 7...

Due to being disconnected during quali, I couldn't post a time & Started the race at the back of the pack. Managed my way up to 9th where i could see i was catching up to Emmo battling with Doodah i think, Eventually being right on Emmo's rear bumper with Spleece right up mine coming down the main straight & missed my braking mark for the hairpin,putting me on the marble's allowing Spleece to come up the inside. By then i had 3laps of fuel left so decided to pitt on lap 13 trying an undercut which didn't work out, to end up finishing 9th which was reasonable considering.
    Ben Campbell, Beats143 and emmo46 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Circuit de la Sarthe - 9 Laps - 7:00 Sunny - 24/10
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 17!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING :
    8:20 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME :
    8:30 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be very careful as there are multiple places to cut corners/run wide and easily make up time. On the long Mulsanne straight (broken up by chicanes) you may use all the tarmac but the chicanes are limited by the ripple strips (and white lines where there is no ripple strip). The straights before indianapolis and after arnage may also use all the tarmac.
    @Rangeraus plans to have a lap guide up later in the week

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    Do not cut the solid entry line on the left hand side of the pit lane entry. Also follow the lane with normal track limits.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Please see video description, had recording issues so no voices this time.
    I've added timestamps, trying to get chapters to work.
    Steve Neilson and Matthyus like this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Blunty - 47.47.327 - 5.07.510
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So close to getting the top step. Would've likely had it except for a spin on the exit of the 2nd Chicane...
    Well done to Peeter and @Ben Campbell for your Win and podium finish.

See you next week for the Enduro at Brands. Bring your lawn mower!!
    Peter P and Ben Campbell like this.