Gran Turismo 7 Sunday League Roles

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    please message them for them to reply with psn-ids
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, already did so.
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    OK, this is as good a place as any to post the following.
    Be prepared for hosting issues on Sunday. I just had a practice room open. Britz and David O (dn.orr) joined me. Myself and Britz (aka boneslightning) is on PS5, Dave on PS4. Neither of them could get on-track to do practice laps. If I started a race however, they'd line up on the grid fine and could run OK. They leaving and re-joining the room made no difference. I made a new room, same issue. Britz made a room and all was good!

Also, there's no practice/qualification/race mode, just practice/race. However, as you cannot change room settings once it's open, we cannot use our old procedure of making a minor setting change to signal that start of quali! And if anyone hits the issue above, they can't set a quali time anyway.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sprint rounds are going to be difficult as well. Whole new room for race two.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why if it is on the same track?
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Can you change starting grid order? I thought you couldn't alter anything once room was set. If you can change grid order then all is good.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You can't change any settings, so you can't set it to reverse grid
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    No, there's no function to manually set the grid at the moment.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Hmmm, what about a formation lap and manual rolling start? That's how they do it in GT4 IRL anyway
    Aiden_1120 and Viperzed like this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We can do it like the old days when someone disconnected early and we had a red flag.
    manual line up on track in the required order
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    +1 to this!

A time certain race with a double file rolling start after a formation lap would be so bloody cool.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    A thought.
    Practice rooms are just that, practice rooms.
    When it's time for qually, the host drops the practice room and makes the qually / race lobby.
    Aiden_1120 likes this.
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Fine but any thoughts about starting and stopping quali? Do you have everyone join the room, tick in but stay off track until the designated quali start time or the Room Captain signals go in the chat? Captains could keep an eye on the timer (is there one?) and call halt to quali i.e finish the lap you are on.
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My thoughts were the qually / race room opened at 15 to 10 mins prior to race start time. If opened earlier, a rule should be in place to say don't start until qually start time.

Another option could be the option of just starting the race, but that starts qually, do 10 mins, then everyone line up and we either do a rolling start our grid start. False start is gone though.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If you want to open a practice room prior to a separate race room, then do that.
    But for qualifying to begin, when drivers enter the appropriate race room, they should not be doing any laps, just sit ticked in the pits.
    Room captains make the call on when to start qualifying (after a sight check etc) and can tell the room '10 mins qualifying will start at 15mins on the room clock (for example). (You can see this clock when you go to track)
    Then everyone knows that at 25mins on the room clock (for example) they should finish their current lap and park up until the captain gives the host the all clear to start the race.
    Peersy and T F Eccles like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'll share the numberboard tonight. That'll be the only livery reg i think, leave this season as open as possible
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    We should advise the above to the Divs prior to Sunday.

Some thoughts on the process...
    • At 7:45ish or earlier, open the practice room labelled "ROOZ S1 RX Div Y Practice" or similar and post notice to PSN chat that it's open.
    • At 8:15 (maybe a little earlier) in the room chat (optionally the PSN chat), notify intention to close the lobby to create the race room noting that drivers are to enter the new lobby, green tick in and wait, do not exit onto the track. Call the lobby "ROOZ S1 RX Div Y" or similar.
    • Once everyone in, call for sight check.
    • When all clear start qualification - noting the start time to the minute e.g. might 8:21PM.
    • 10 mins later, simply start the race OR call quali over, finish lap your on, park up etc.
    It's a fair bit of admin work for the room host, so maybe the room captains or back-up host can assist with the comms.
    Tony4Fingerz, Hatfield and Aiden_1120 like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @T F Eccles GT7 S2 car suggestion thread please.
    let's have a week of suggestions before we tally please
    T F Eccles likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles