GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I doubt they'd have TBYB, but they do take care of the warranty side for you so, and JB have been very good with that sort of thing from what I've heard. You can buy extra warranty too from JB, but you're pretty well covered by statutory warranties in Australia anyway.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I can say 100% that most retailers won't allow the TBYB due to hygiene reasons.
    It's a pity as I only like buckets and I need to know which ones will fit over my ears...
    Can't do that if it's still in the box..
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  3. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Yeah I get why you wouldn't really want to do a TBYB thing if you owned a shop but would be handy if you could!

Decisions, decisions...
    LOL
  4. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Welp, took the plunge last night and ordered a pair of A40s + TR (they were on sale for nearly half price the RRP).
    Was still very much umm and ahhhing but I couldn't come to a definitive decision based on info I'd managed to get.

Missus was against me getting wireless because she feels that quality isn't as good as wired most of the time and I'd be disappointed like I was with the Corsair (this was mostly due to technical issues).

Some reviews I was reading and watching were stating that steelseries weren't very bassy and that the ear cups weren't that deep. Some were suggesting the HyperX ear cups were similar.
    I figured I'd try Astro one more time as it's been quite a few years since I last used them/had the issues with support. These aren't wireless so no sudden and annoying beep (would hope that they've updated that also since), I did enjoy the sound and feel of Astro's back when I had them it was just the technical issues I had on the Xbox One at the time and lack of customer service from their support team that put me off.
    Little worried about having cables everywhere running from to the mixamp and then from the mixamp, but figure I have cables running for the wheel anyway so... whatever.

Should rock up today so looking forward to checking them out and seeing how they go!
  5. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

@leeboy910 Tried out the new Astro's tonight and they sound awesome, so thanks for the suggestion.

Did have some issues trying to update the firmware. Their software is :):):):)house, but thankfully reddit came to the rescue it seems. Probably wasn't necessary to update but I do like to have things up to date if possible.
    It amazes me that they can get away with such neglect to their support still. Sooo many people whinging about them online and having issues.

Now just to get used to the cables everywhere (might have to find a way to manage those better).
    I've also noticed a slight whitenoise sound whilst it's on, on the PS4 too.
  6. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I use astro a 40 with the tr also. Gr8 headset.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Latest rumours from the data mining crowd is that Grand Valley Raceway and Redrock valley may make a reappearance in a future GT7 update.
    Noxrai, KoAStR, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Can I like this more than once?
    Finally GVR in a modern GT game.
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Grand Valley. God I miss this track. Fond memories in gt1 gt2 and gt3. Never played the other versions.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  10. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I've heard (and from what I have seen) contact penalties have been entirely removed from Sport mode. It's sad to see what is going on there.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  13. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I got a pair of wireless Hyper X headphones from JB and they work great. The set I got has the voice microphone also. Pretty happy with them.
    Mirkz2010 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  14. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Nice. I'm proud of myself when I can drift 2 corners together let alone a whole track lol
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Seeking assistance from the tech gurus out there.

Strangest issue i have when myself and my friend try to race online, on gt7.

We can both join the same online rooms.

But if i, or he, create a room. The other cant join. It times out.

We went so far as to bring his PS5 over, and test a room using the same (mine) network. And it worked fine..

I cant find anything online specifically to this issue.

We both have LAN connections, Type 2.
    Download and upload speeds are fine.

Ideas???
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    New favourite vehicle :D 300km/h bus :eek: #TheFireBus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Won the V8-GT-LM engine yesterday. Oh man the Focus RS with that fully SC'd is wicked fun. A real gymkhana machine! Just put a big wing on the back and it drives pretty well. Lots of low down torque and super smooth power delivery.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  19. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Had a few cracks on Race C at Spa this week and it has been absolute carnage.

I think I need to wait got another Gr1/Gr2 race to try and get my rank back up.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    stucar17, T-GT_Racing and Easyprey007 like this.