GT7 Season 3 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Not gonna lie......I'm not looking forward to Catalunya. My least favourite track.
    Dybo and Easyprey007 like this.
  2. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Qualifying Results
    [​IMG]

Race Results
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap
    [​IMG]

Well done to all. Thanks again to GQ for hosting.

Stressful race that one. First half was going good, consistent 1:44s, and then after pitting I couldn't get it under 1.45 for most if not all the second half. Was literally watching Scott reel me in bit by bit and I just couldn't pull it together until the last few laps where I think either he ran out of pep himself, made a mistake or I finally started to get things right again.

Thought I might have a chance for 4th at one stage as Fezza didn't seem too far ahead and I could gain here and there, but his early pit meant I gave up 4th when I pitted and he went past never to be seen again LOL
    Dybo, Matthyus, SirDids72 and 3 others like this.
  3. SirDids72

SirDids72 Rookie

PSN ID
    SirDids72
    Stressful race for me too. Im still waiting for Btwong to post the video of me having a headon with the pit wall upon entering the pits. i had built a 2 sec lead for the first 14 laps, and was feeling comfortable. So Btwong came out of the pits 4.2 seconds in front of me and I could only mange to reel him in by 2 seconds. Too consistent.
    Dybo and Mirkz2010 like this.
  4. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Yep, not a fun race for me either. Missed @Thefat11 @BigNorm106 @Tony4Fingerz to keep me company at the back of the field (or at least a bit closer). I nearly quiet quit when I went into the pits, sat there for about 20 seconds before deciding to keep going. A new set of tyres helped to get the pace back to something approaching acceptable.
  5. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

You forgot me, I'm usually around there with ya! Just got lucky with this one I think. No major crash thankfully (couple close calls though).

Glad you kept at it. Was a small grid already so definitely worth you being amongst it!
    Dybo, Easyprey007 and Steve Neilson like this.
  6. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I got away to a gr8 start Quail and start could not match the front runners after lap 2 so I didn’t try Just ran my race.
    @fezza nearly had me thow pitting early and came out only 5 seconds behind me and gaining. Game face on me started putting some good laps together and held the gap. On to the next round
    Dybo, Matthyus and Steve Neilson like this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 5: Watkins Glen Short Course - Custom Weather Random
    - Dawn 6x Variable Time - 2x 20 Laps - 20/11 (Sprint Round)

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 3 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE 1 START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track limits will be monitored at Turns 1, 5, 6 & 8

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars coming down the straight, You must stay drivers right and not make any sudden movements.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

A gentle reminder that due to the Div 1A/1B split, we will require a high level of communication all season and need a firm answer NO LATER than 8:10 AEDT.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Watkins Glen
    A track known for its close, fast and aggressive racing, Watkins Glen short will be sure to provide some action for the sprint round. Be mindful that track limits will be monitored all around the circuit and punished harshly should they be protested.

Qualifying will be run as normal for the first race, following the conclusion of said race, each div may hold a short break before commencing Qualifying #2 for the night, a second 10 minute session that will set the grid for race #2.
    Dybo likes this.
  8. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    I’m out for the rest of the season. Might catch ya’s next one :thumbsup:
  9. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Thank for having me but I think I'll Pass for the rest of the season.
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Quali 1
    [​IMG]

Race 1 Results
    [​IMG]

Race 1 Fastest Lap - Replay was missed, have reached out to members to see if anyone else caught it and can provide screenshot. I believe it was SirDids though. Will update post should I get the screen.

Quali 2
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Fastest Lap (Thanks Dids for providing image)
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Gotta say it was a couple of pretty fun races last night.

First race I was on Fezza's tail for the first 8 or so laps, until I realised I didn't have enough fuel to get through the race and had to switch maps and short shift more to try and make it last. I dropped off his pace fairly quickly as a result though I stayed hopefully that he and maybe others weren't aware of the fuel situation and would have to pit and I could make up my time there. GQ was slowly reeling me in lap by lap though, closing in a gap of something like 16 seconds. He took me on the last 4 laps or so and had such great pace.
    A few of the others did have to pit after all and GQ's awesome fuel saving driving got him home in 3rd and I got through with 0.1-0.2 fuel left in 4th.. Well done mate, hell of a drive!

Second race I was a little worried going in. Everyone was now aware of the fuel issue. Everyone was quick in qualifying and I didn't have too much hope after qualifying 2nd last.
    Managed to get an amazing start though that pushed me upto a couple spots or so. I set myself up on map 2 immediately and began my attempts to drive to save fuel whilst attempting to keep up with the lead pack. GQ got in front of me early after I missed the racing line around some of the earlier high speed corners.
    Fuel saving all the way GQ had some great pace the whole race and I wasn't really able to do much but hold my position and keep him honest.
    During the last half of the race though I think his pace had started to fall ever so slightly. Fezza appeared to be fuel saving hard as GQ was reeling him in quickly. GQ was having some trouble trying to get around which saw me able to make up the ground I'd lost. I was also starting to position myself to change back to map 1 as I'd managed to save an extra lap of fuel.
    Eventually got through on GQ after a slight tap that although I didn't feel, it was evident something had happened as he went quite wide and slightly off track. Confirmed tap on comms and redressed immediately. Was able to get by GQ safely shortly after and then was making some good time up on Fezza before getting through quickly and without incident.

Up ahead I saw Scott was slowing also. This was around lap 17-18. I spent a lap or two on map 1 before realising I didn't quite have as much as I thought and had to ease it up a bit. Changed map back and forth a couple of times but I'd managed to close the gap up a lot and if there was enough fuel and another lap I think I would've got him :p

Great racing though to all, it was cool that it was a bit of a different round and that some of us who're usually at the back were able to mix it with the front of the grid.
    Congrats Dids on taking the wins !
    Dybo likes this.
  12. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Nice work Mirkz, may have to get Fl from replay.
    Just FF to last lap and watch last guy before the line and you'll get it.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  13. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Can't, didn't save the replays unfortunately, hence having to wait and see if anyone else can provide.
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Oooh, Hat will have to punish you so you remember next time.
    Then if you forget again it's on purpose.;)
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  15. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    ;)
    Was happy to give up some of the gap so I had a plenty of map1 fuel for the last lap :p
  16. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Really!?! Come on Tone, you know that you love it! Get there on Sunday, please :)
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  17. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    You too, Easy? C'mon, hang in there!
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Game update drops Thu 24, 5pm to 7pm AEDT
  19. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Hey there. Late debrief from me.
    Apologies for my starts in both races. My wheel died and I was using a controller for the whole night. For the life of me, I couldn't remember the handbrake button on my controller button mapping. This resulted in me pressing the wrong button which sent me into reverse.
    I also apologise to bignorm and easyprey. Going around the long bend, I tried to stick to the inside line so I didn't hit norm but my car kept going wide. In the process of slowing down to give the position back I got in easy's way. I was apologising but had forgotten I had muted my microphone so you guys couldn't hear my kids
    I was prepared to come last, to my suprise, I got into 2nd last. I deserved to come last so I stopped before the line..

I should be able to do the starts better tomorrow. I got a new wheel thanks to black friday.
  20. BigNorm106

BigNorm106 New Recruit

PSN ID
    BigNorm106
    all good mate