Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Looking awesome! My best mate has the same rig and I love hopping into it. The shifter and handbrake look great too, I can see the shifter is very similar to the Fanatec one.

Also, you'll probably be amazed at how quickly you adjust to using the sequential shifter and handbrake. I was using paddles and clutch handbrake for ages before making the switch and the adjustment period was maybe a few minutes haha.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ha ha, yeah, I'm sure it won't take long to adjust. I've only had a chance to do one stage so far (Group A Lancer Evo at Ocean Beach) and the handbrake is awesome! I only clutched in once out of habit. Shifting was mostly okay too, just a few late shifts and a couple of times where I grabbed the paddles out of habit.
    dj2ca likes this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  4. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Man cave in every sense of the word - I am fortunate to have a partner who is supportive enough that I am able to have my own dedicated space.

Running a Trak Racer RS6 Mach 3 which she helped get me for my 40th last year, have most accessories for it now too. Latched into the Thrustmaster eco-system, running T-GT 2 wheel base with TM Open Wheel rim, T-LCM pedals and TH8A shifter.

Upsized the TV late last year to a 55" which I am happy with, all I really want now is maybe a round rim for rally games.
    [​IMG]
    Mirkz2010, KoAStR, Ozglenn and 2 others like this.
  5. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Looks awesome!
    I'm hoping to be able to do a bit of a set up eventually in my little dedicated part of the house. My room is much smaller looking than this though but should still be able to do something cool with it once I have money (and permission) to do it LOL.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  6. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

What arm did you get for the monitor ? Currently thinking about options for getting something to use for my 27"(?) monitor I'm currently using as my racing monitor due to not having my tv set up in my gaming room yet. Want to be able to bring it forward to race and push it out of the way once I'm done.

Saw the castors recently on something else and thought this would be awesome to have. Very convenient for pulling it in to use and pushing it out of the way.
    Do you find it moves much/at all when you're racing or does it lock the wheels quite well ?
  7. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Ahh, visual trickery with a wide angle lens haha - room is only about 2.8 x 2.6
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nope. TR160 is rock solid when the castors are locked (just the back two, don't bother with the front) and super easy to move on timber floor. Probably wouldn't be too hard on carpet either.
    T-GT_Racing and Mirkz2010 like this.
  9. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Oh really? Probably very similar to mine then. I'll have to take a photo of it in it's current ':):):):) show' set up it's in and then update sometime down the track when I eventually get around to updating!

Yeah nice, might have to look into something like that down the track if I upgrade my set up. Currently running the GT Lite I think it is from NLR so no real need for castors. (Should really get a mat for it though, don't want to be scratching the wood floor LOL)
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  10. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Any future predictors?
  11. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Here's a pic of my mess.
    Moved into the place a couple months or so back and this room just hasn't been sorted yet.

[​IMG]

Okay I'm a dummy who can't work out how to embed the image... so unfortunately will just have to click linky :(
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2023
    Hatfield, dj2ca, garyw61 and 3 others like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    fixed for you
    garyw61, Matthyus and Mirkz2010 like this.
  13. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Thanks mate!
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    This one here:

https://desky.com.au/products/single-monitor-arm

It's really good and has the longest reach that I could find.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  15. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Appreciate the info, they do look good!

Edit: I kind of can't decide which way to go. I need to use my existing equipment for the time being.

Do I;
    a) Get a NLR Free Standing monitor stand and use my 55" 4K TV for it. Possibly creating a bit more clutter in the existing room but enabling me to have a cockpit near on set up 100% of the time (maybe some slight moving of equipment).
    b) Get the desky monitor arm and play on the smaller 27"? Monitor I have, non 4K etc. (eventually I'd upgrade this for something a little bigger/better and have to replace the arm but by then I'd probably just use the desky monitor arm with my PC monitors when I upgrade that set up too). This would be more of a temporary set up. Ie. I'd have to move the monitor and spin the cockpit around and connect stuff up when I want to use it - this may change slightly in future if I do get an L-shaped desk in future as I've been thinking, but maybe not too.

Bit of a tricky choice as I want to try and keep the room with usable space but not have to fidget too much either or pay too much currently.
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Personally I would never use a TV but that's based purely on refresh rate.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  17. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

I think the TV I currently have has a refresh rate of 120hz, whether that's actual when I'm using it, who knows but I feel like it'd probably be overkill to fit where I want it anyway.

I think I've worked out a way to make the most out of the space I have available to me last night and can get my cockpit set up in a 'permanent' way without interfering with my pc set up! Just need to rearrange my room a bit which I may play with tonight if I get motivated enough haha. Will need to get hold of one of those desky arms or something though too but I think it'll work well. Pretty excited at the thought though of just being able to jump in any time I desire without too much setting up (other than a hdmi output switch or something I'll install so I can run it on either the playstation or pc source).
    If it doesn't work with my current desk due to the footing being on the very side, all the more reason for me to upgrade it to a desky one like I've been wanting for a while too. The footing of that is a little more inwards and would allow more room for the cockpit to slide into.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  18. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Modern TV's are fine, and tbh, they are what consoles are geared towards. VRR, ALLM, 120Hz are standard on the higher up panels now.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  19. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Having a quick look this morning, looks like there's a few sales around for monitors @ Kogan and a few PC stores.
    Seems I can get a 34" curved monitor for about 500$, I'm just not sure if I go a Kogan 34" Curved WQHD 165Hz Ultrawide or a Samsung Odyssey G5 4inch 165Hz.
    Actually I should potentially see just how much space I have once I move my rig around to see if the 34" curved will fit there or if it'll be awkward...
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    If the Samsung is similarly priced I would definitely go for that, those monitors are excellent.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.