AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm going to have so much fun in Japan haha. I'll make sure I get a bunch of footage and photos to post here. It's funny because I found the Gunsai Touge a few days before Jimmy published that video and since then the Touge Union has gone from 10k members to over 100k. I'm focusing more on time attack stuff these days Stu as the time of the race starts still conflicts heavily with family life. The day you're hosting events at 9pm+ instead I'll be there with bells on.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Mate it's an absolute blast. I have just as much fun in a tuned AE86 as I do in a 1017hp time attack Evo IX.
    KoAStR and stucar17 like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i normally jump into ACC later than the other guys to do a little prac but time has also been very limited lately. I might annoy the :):):):) out of you and send you join requests and see if can get you on track for a catch up !
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Haha I haven't switched on the PlayStation in over a year, plus I stopped paying for the online subscription anyway. Unless ACC does cross play? I can't remember.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thats an outrage !
  6. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

So yesterday I reinstalled AC on the PC. Got hold of content manager and CSP?. Very new to the whole modding thing on AC (well AC in general really). I think I've totalled 2.7hrs and .7 of that was messing around yesterday.

Wanting to get amongst the drifting and shutoka or whatever it's called.
    Did have a quick spin in a Mark 2 on 3-4 different drift tracks and it seemed like it could be fun to screw around on, and even more fun with others, so I ask if there's anyone on here that gets amongst those kind of things that'd be happy to have a newbie along and teach them the ropes?
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The JZX100 from this pack is incredible:

https://www.vosan.co/driftcarpacks/curacao-car-pack/

I also really like the Gravy Garage pack:

https://www.vosan.co/driftcarpacks/gravy-garage-car-pack/

There's a good drift server called Pizzy's Drift Server! You'll need the Gravy Garage pack for that one. I'm in that server most nights after about 8:30 or so. I also host a server on Tuesday and Saturday nights (usually) with just a mate of mine, we're usually doing the Shutoko Expressway, drifting at Nikko or the standard drift park, or doing touge runs. You can find Nikko here:

https://www.vosan.co/tracks/fun-tracks/nikko-circuit-by-noon/

If you watch Noriyaro on Youtube you'll get to know Nikko fairly well, he does a few events there.

All of the tutorials I've seen instruct you to use the standard Kunos cars (AE86, E30, Supra) when learning drifting but honestly I found them quite difficult. I jumped in a few cars with roughly 450hp from the above packs and it was much easier to get the hang of. Wheel and FFB settings are pretty important too, here is the preset that I use for FFB:

https://acstuff.ru/s/cSocbY

The wheel will probably be lighter than you're used to but it works better for drifting that way. I use the Thrustmaster TS-PC, if you're on a Logitech or something you might need to increase your FFB gain a little to where it feels nice. If there's one piece of advice I can give it is to drive around slowly and give some small clutch kicks to get the back out a little, and practice catching it. Get a bit wilder over time and soon enough you'll be linking corners.

Here's a peek at the comp section at Nikko Circuit, it's heaps of fun:
    UrsineSaturn9, KoAStR and Mirkz2010 like this.
  8. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Thanks for the pack links and the info, appreciate the help!
    I feel like I need to get something a little more permanently set up so I can switch from pc to the sim rig quickly and easily lol. It's such a pain to have to set it up and take it down again.
    Even being able to switch outputs from the ps4/5 to the pc so I can change between GT7 or playing AC and the like.

Yeah only have a G29 so I was just playin around yesterday with clutch kicks and power over drifting lol. Even in the 20-40 mins I was screwing around for I notice an improvement from the first 5 mins lol.
    dj2ca likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    My mate is running a G29 also and from memory he only needed to increase the gain a bit from my settings for it to feel good. It took me probably 10 or so hours to really get the hang of it but he was linking corners within a couple of hours.

I am cursing even just having to swing my monitor over from my desk to the rig, I don't envy all the extra work you have to do. Kogan have some pretty good cost effective options for monitors, I'm using one of theirs and it's great (34", 3440x1440p, curved). I think it was only about $500 new.
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Noted! :D
    dj2ca likes this.
  11. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Yeah nice, I'd probably take a good amount of time to get used to it I think. Never drifted IRL but know the theory behind it a little.

Thanks for the monitor tip, I'll certainly have a look into it! Would be much better than the 1080p monitor I have at the moment as the spare.
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Their monitors use Samsung panels too so the picture quality is very good.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.