50 Season of GT, front page article participation

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As @Rangeraus pointed out, next season will be the 50th season for Gran Turismo.

Per his suggestion, I will organise a front page article asking questions that can be answered by multiple members.

Please PM me with a copy paste of these questions and your answers if you wish to participate:
    1. How long have you been a member of the Raceonoz community, and what initially drew you to it?
    2. What's been your most memorable experience racing with Raceonoz?
    3. With the 50th season of Gran Turismo coming up, what changes or improvements would you like to see in the game?
    4. What's your favourite car to race in Gran Turismo, and why?
    5. How do you prepare for a race in terms of practice and strategy?
    6. What advice would you give to new members just starting out with Raceonoz or Gran Turismo in general?
    7. How has participating in Raceonoz impacted your overall enjoyment of the Gran Turismo game series?
    8. In your opinion, what sets Raceonoz apart from other racing communities?
    9. What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Gran Turismo racer?
    10. Looking back on the last 50 seasons of racing, what are some of the biggest changes you've seen in the Gran Turismo community, and how has Raceonoz adapted to those changes?
    Also, the article can have 10 photos (+1 for the header photo) so if you wish, also in your PM submit your favourite GT photo
    Bluemoon, stucar17, KoAStR and 3 others like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    #5. two beers and a coffee just before green flag
    incey and T-GT_Racing like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PM me with the rest of the answers!
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bluemoon, Rebort, incey and 4 others like this.
  5. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Nice one! Interesting reading about the history of the league. Some seasoned veterans here, for sure!
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Viperzed nice choice for favourite car so far, very fun car.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    How good right? First title for you came in that car if I remember correctly??
    incey likes this.
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yep, 1st season, 1st title. great fun
    Viperzed likes this.
  9. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I forgot to post this before the article went up, so I'll put it here (if anyone is interested in my $0.02) :
    1. How long have you been a member of the RaceOnOz community, and what initially drew you to it?
      Since GT Sport Season 13 (10 seasons). After 2 years of FIA Gran Turismo competition, I'd been thinking about joining a league for a while and decided to join after @Viperzed posted an invite on Twitter.

2. What's been your most memorable experience racing with RaceOnOz?
      I've been in plenty of memorable races against some of these guys who can match (and have matched) it against the best in the world. But for me securing my first ever sim racing championship at the Red Bull Ring / Suzuka East double header in GT Sport Season 18 would have to be it.

3. With the 50th season of Gran Turismo coming up, what changes or improvements would you like to see in the game?
      Network stability! Lobbies in GT Sport seem more consistently stable (with less netcode) than in GT7 currently. Larger grids and some other lobby features would be great too.

A "Spec II" release of the game where only PS5 is supported is probably needed for the game to reach somewhere close to its potential.

4. What's your favourite car to race in Gran Turismo, and why?
      I'm not sure I really have one at the moment, but I'm going to say the Porsche 911 RSR. It looks great and I've done a few live events with it, where it always manages to produce close racing.

5. How do you prepare for a race in terms of practice and strategy?
      I try and figure out how to drive the car fast first, then figure out race strategy. Having speed will give you strategy options, but having the best race strategy is not going to help too much if you don't have the speed to pull it off.

6. What advice would you give to new members just starting out with RaceOnOz or Gran Turismo in general?
      Try to have fun while learning and improving continuously. Expecting instant success and burning yourself out won't really help you in the long run.

7. How has participating in RaceOnOz impacted your overall enjoyment of the Gran Turismo game series?
      I just like to drive. I'm not a huge fan of spending hours finding a setup nor testing lots of different cars to find out which one is the best for each track. With RaceOnOz league I can jump on track on a Sunday with nothing material at stake and race against everyone else using the same car and same setup.

8. In your opinion, what sets RaceOnOz apart from other racing communities?
      I'm not racing in other leagues at the moment, but the quality of drivers and longevity of the league speak for itself.

9. What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Gran Turismo racer?
      Speed, consistency, racecraft.

10. Looking back on the last 50 seasons of racing, what are some of the biggest changes you've seen in the Gran Turismo community, and how has RaceOnOz adapted to those changes?
      Ten seasons is probably too short a sample size to answer this question, but in general in all the seasons I've done RaceOnOz have always been aware of the limitations/issues with the game and adapted accordingly.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
  10. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    1. How long have you been a member of the Raceonoz community, and what initially drew you to it?
    I Joined Raceonoz way back in Early 2015 I was racing with the SFS crew (Semaphore Festival of Speed) It was then I was introduced to the Raceonoz League. History shows I am not the fastest but have a lot to offer helping new comers and spreading the word.

2.What's been your most memorable experience racing with Raceonoz?
    Hands down Battling Incey at nurburgring never forget that race on gt6.
    Also Battles with Fezza Over many seasons (Niki V Hunt) we have had great times chasseing each other.

Seriously only one thing comes to mind clean the LAG up

4.What's your favorite car to race in Gran Turismo, and why?
    GT5 the Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 ’00 on Sports Soft Tires
    GT6 the Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08 Sport Soft Tires
    GTs the Sf19 Toyota was my first 1st place podium car so it will always be a favorite of mine.
    I practiced with sport softs around the nurburgring track In car view so when the tires got worn in the race I was still in control of the monstrous speed.

5.How do you prepare for a race in terms of practice and strategy?
    Ask team members for advice and watch the Fast guys for their lines and braking markers,
    If still unsure I always Private Message Emmo.

6.What advice would you give to new members just starting out with Raceonoz or Gran Turismo in general?
    Have fun and loose the stress nerves and be patient.

7.How has participating in Raceonoz impacted your overall enjoyment of the Gran Turismo game series?
    The way I see it is The Game is only one part of the League its hanging out with your online mates is what it is all about. Watching streams and replays of the best in the world then racing with them in a practice room.

8.In your opinion, what sets Raceonoz apart from other racing communities?
    Haven’t been a part of any other Leagues until present so Pass on this question.

9.What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Gran Turismo racer?
    Have your own individuality.
    Watch Listen Learn then race your way.

10.Looking back on the last 50 seasons of racing, what are some of the biggest changes you've
    seen in the Gran Turismo community, and how has Raceonoz adapted to those changes?
    The quality of racing in online lobbies and Raceonoz
    Practice and race rooms has excelled.
    Raceonoz has always adapted to whatever the Game comes up with.
    Huge Job well done to the Moderators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    leeboy910, incey, emmo46 and 4 others like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    How long have you been a member of the Raceonoz community, and what initially drew you to it?
    I've just earnt my 5 year award through the forum..
    I was browsing the web and came across a GTPlanet post that advertised Australian / NZ racing, with a prize. I enquired, got signed up all within a few hours. It also happened to be the start of round 1 of GT Sport. What a wild ride that day was. Plus I punted @pat65 off the track on lap 1. Great start!!

What's been your most memorable experience racing with Raceonoz?
    Way too many to mention, but I'll give it a shot. While I could dribble on for hours about memorable race experiences, it's not that which brings me back each season. It's the community. The thing that can't be defined is what brings me back. Comradery would be the closest definition I could choose.
    I could say winning a championship would be a highlight, and it is, but close racing would have to win out. Race / season long battles with @emmo46 and @jonesy are too that I remember fondly. There are many other battles that I've had over the years that are too numerous to mention. @Cameron Neame in the Nissan R92CP!!

With the 50th season of Gran Turismo coming up, what changes or improvements would you like to see in the game?
    While I understand that the makers of the game had to cater towards both PS4 and PS5 platforms, I believe this cross platform compatibly has messed with the game. I think it's time to focus on one platform as supply of PS5's are now available.

What's your favourite car to race in Gran Turismo, and why?
    No stand out favourites. Renault GR4 and the Suzuki Swift racing edition might make the top of the list, for the same reason ;)

How do you prepare for a race in terms of practice and strategy?
    All practice done in custom races, due to time zone differences, no-one is online by the time I get online.
    Time permitting.
    Monday, 20 min or half distance practice, using hardest compound tyre available.
    Wednesday, Using other compounds to test lap of death.
    Friday, Full distance, testing strategy along with tyre / fuel usage.
    Sat, as above.
    Sun, nothing until lobby open.

What advice would you give to new members just starting out with Raceonoz or Gran Turismo in general?
    Be honest with yourself.
    Determine what it is you are after and align your goals with that. Do you want to race in D1, but your pace is currently in the last division?
    Do you have time to practice? I constantly see people who at the start of the season practice like crazy and out qualify others who don't, but as soon as the season starts, their practice time reduces to realistic and the field becomes closer. Patience and practice either solo or with others does yield results.

How has participating in Raceonoz impacted your overall enjoyment of the Gran Turismo game series?
    I've enjoyed racing games for years. It's not the game that brings me back, it's the people or community.
    I've enjoyed giving back something to our community (racing stats & hopefully more even divisions as an output of them)

In your opinion, what sets Raceonoz apart from other racing communities?
    No idea. I've never looked at any others. ;)

What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Gran Turismo racer?
    As mentioned above, knowing what you are after and patience. If wanting to improve, set small goals and set out to achieve them. If wanting to have fun, do just that. I've found that you can have a balance between the 2.

Looking back on the last 50 seasons of racing, what are some of the biggest changes you've seen in the Gran Turismo community, and how has Raceonoz adapted to those changes?
    TBH, just being able to adapt to what platform we are using is probably the how ROOZ has managed to keep things together.
    leeboy910, incey, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  12. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Great write up, only just read it through and it was certainly interesting to see everyone's different views/input on the questions asked.
    Hatfield likes this.