Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Another thought... I think we need longer than 15 mins for qualifying.
    The out lap will take 9:30 odd, and the flying lap will be a similar time. Thats 19 minutes there. The people at the back will not start their flying lap until potentially the 11 minute mark, so add the 9:30 to that... and you are looking at 21min mark for the final drivers. So qualifying will needs to stay open for the final drivers to finish their lap.

I'd suggest a 18 or 19 min qualifying + the 3 minute buffer to allow all drivers to finish.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    The extended qualifying continuation time should allow for more than enough time for laps to be completed.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  3. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I will test this when I find the time!
    btwong likes this.
  4. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry guys I am not going to make tonight a tragedy in the family
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    family first, sending best wishes
    Rangeraus likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Sorry for your loss Glen, hope everyone is going OK.
  7. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 2 Race Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]

Result
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Grrrrrrr! Threw away a podium. I pitted end of lap 2 for the undercut which mostly worked, then touched the grass and round I went. Back to 7th. Passed TG-T when he had an off. Ah well, at least we had clear weather and not too bad given I'd done one practice session to see how long the RS would last.

Well done @Ozglenn, streets ahead of the rest.
    T-GT_Racing and Matthyus like this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Viperzed @Matthyus @emmo46 and any others for that matter - did you find qualification with no tyre wear slipperier than with the wear on? It was much commented on during our quali tonight.
    Beats143 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sorry Col, for me at least it was exactly as intended.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a bit slippery, I assumed as it was dark.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I did also find it a touch slidier, I too assumed it was due to the colder track temp in the night.
  13. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats to Oz and podium, never been happier to see a finish line.
    My fastest and clean lap was my last and I was saving fuel as I crssed the line with0.1 left.
    See you all next Sunday :thumbsup:
    Ozglenn and T-GT_Racing like this.
  14. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    My performance last night was pretty ordinary considering how much time I had spent practicing.

Made it to fourth early on and that was as good as it got, it was all downhill from there.

My last lap showed I had good pace, but the four that led up to it were riddled with silly errors. Lack of consistency let me down sadly.

Hopefully I have my race hat on for the Glen next week.
  15. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    Had a good quali run despite being held up for the last part of the lap and my race went well, only losing one position as my result. There were a few moments in the last 2 laps where I thought I was going to be taken off the track especially on the fastest part of the track, but luckily I was paying attention this time.
    Matthyus and btwong like this.
  16. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    You never know what you are going to get at the Nurburgring... Cracker race from @Ozglenn

Quali: had a good lap... but went wide on the final corner before the long straight. @Ozglenn caught and over took me on the straight... I caught up and was side by side... but let him through as I did not want to wreck his lap. So managed to get 4th.

Race: Started well... managed to get into 2nd place, until the first lap at the Foxhole left... came unstuck. Rejoined in 10th, and a few of the back markers had a date with Barry R, so managed to get to 6th by end of 2nd.
    Was going to pit at the end of the 2nd to get some fresh air and space, but noticed a few ahead did so changed tactics and pushed. @Aiko_Mac and myself had a solid lap, and pitted end of 3rd lap, and came out 4th (Aiko in 3rd) - the overcut(?) worked

The 4th lap, @T F Eccles was ahead if us, but he too had a date with Barry R just after the aforementioned Foxhole. Then moments later @Aiko_Mac decided to take a right on a left hander, and I was in 2nd. Finished off with 2 clean laps... with my last being only .5 of a second behind the fastest lap.

Very happy with this result, but glad that one is over. Love the track... but it can be very tense at night.

On to the Glen!
  17. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Thanks for the kind wishes :thumbsup:, I didn't think I was going to make the race but it was one that I just had to make. It really helped keeping my mind busy, I love that track and the car was really good around there, thanks for the the great racing see you at the Glen.
    T-GT_Racing and ControllaGod like this.
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Great race @Ozglenn! Your race time would've been good enough for a podium in Div 1B!
    Ozglenn likes this.
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 28/05 - Watkins Glen Long Course - 24 Laps - Custom Weather - Sunrise - 10x

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 1, 5, 8, 10 as well as the chicane.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you are to stay hard right on apex of thr final corner to enter pit lane, in the event of an incident, precedence will be given to the car in pit entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are to stay drivers right if they are rejoining in traffic and may rejoin the racing line at the next corner.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Watkins Glen Long Course

Watkins Glen is a North American icon, featuring some challenging corners and ideal passing opportunities. Drivers are reminded for this round that the kerbs are free real estate however pushing your car all 4 wheels over the kerbs will result in a penalty.

This is the first circuit we travel to this season that cannot be rain affected, so enjoy the grip!
  20. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    You might as well just restrict tyres to soft and mediums. Hard tyres are basically useless in this season. Due to me using a controller I suck conserving tyres and fuel, the wear and fuel usage make it very hard for me to conserve tyres. I pitted at lap 15 and my hards were fried and I was out of fuel. Finishing eleventh from starting second is ridiculous and If I started on mediums or softs I would need to do two stops, so yeah. Not to mention, being slow on the hards felt like I was almost being taken out a few times.