ANON

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, Apr 11, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Our next entrant into the esteemed SuperROOZ group.....

ANON. .. (Cheers, applause, wolf whistle..wha, who was that??). Possibly the funniest man on this forum and with a Diploma in sarcasm, one of the friendliest and most helpful fella’s you’ll ever meet. From running side events and participating in almost every race here on RaceonOz, a thoroughly deserved recipient of this honour. Always online to help out our slower drivers pick up some time, whether it be pointing out braking points or refining driving lines.

I have known Anon personally (in the gaming world) for a long long time. It all started back in Forza days and then the long awaited arrival of GT5 happened. A group of us broke away from Forza and branched out into a little league (OZGT). The guys there weren’t happy with the PSN issues at the time and drifted back to Forza.

I stayed interested and joined the Whirlpool discussion and managed to drag Anon along for the ride. So glad I did, this group has benefitted because of it.

As was stated in the previous inductee’s threads, seasons 1-4 are lost in it wilderness, though I do remember a little bit and know that Anon was in Div 2 for season 3 in the dreaded TVR Tamora... I’m sure I read somewhere that this was one of Anon’s favourite cars ;)

Season 5... Still in Division 2, Anon came a credible 6th in the championship after missing the first 2 races but rounding out the season with a couple of wins.

Season 6... Still in Division 2 – Champion. With a win in Round 2 at Monza and this classic quote “Was ready for a lead swapping session with Veno, but got onto the main straight on lap 1 and I check the rear view mirror...he's gone?? Somehow there was a gap bigger than the one between a hillbilly's 2 front teeth, so with fresh tyres and no hot breath tickling my earlobes I was able to get in some good laps”, things were looking good. With a couple more wins during the season, Anon was a force to be reckoned with.

I’ll throw in the DTM series here, awesome series enjoyed by everyone who attended. Everything Anon touches turns to gold. Along with the DTM series, there was always the Friday Night Fun Runs that he runs. Also put in time to help organise the Pagnian Prize race.

Season 7 ... Division 1... Champion. After a slow start, 6th in round 1, Anon took the 2nd step on the podium in round 2 at Tokyo. Took a win in round 4 at Indy, missed round 5 and took wins in round 6 and 7 to claim the title on a countback from Chev.

Season 8 ... Missing 4 rounds for various reasons, a lowly 9th in Division 1 here.

Season 9 ... See’s Anon still Division 1, finishes in 8th position. PD did their share of screwing us around during season 8, changing the tyre model twice in as many weeks, and Warrior joined Division one this season too... All too much and Anon slipped down the ladder.

During season 9, Anon was added to the Moderator team after all his efforts were recognized in running side-series and general help with members around the site.

Season 10 ... Anon was still in Division 1 and with the inclusion of another ALIEN (Mustafur), Anon finished 8th again with another couple of no-shows during the season.

Season 11 ... With the number of racers increasing again, Anon was relegated to Division 2, missed 2 races and also missed out on the championship by 1 point after dropped rounds to tek.

Season 12 ... Back in Division 1 (the Apex Kings). A championship of 2 halves. With numbers dwindling, the faster guys from Div 2 joined the guys in Div 1 and ran the series in a Class A + B format. Having wheel issues sees Anon finishes mid-pack most of the season.

Season 13 ... Again, showing pace in Division 1. The new wheel doing wonders ;) Finishes 3rd in the championship.

Onto GT6 and Season 1, again in Division 1 with a mixture of 1st, 2nd and 3 rd placings, finishes a fantastic 2nd in the championship... An ALIEN in his own right now J.

I had the pleasure of teaming up with Anon in Stu’s Nascar series that started on GT5 and switched to GT6 when it was released. We almost got our hands on the silverware, but fell just short.

I’m sure there’s more to mention, but this is getting long and my memory ain’t what it used to be.

Congrats Anon, so happy to hear you are getting this, definitely earned it.

Written by stumbles !
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Anon! Too quick for me, but still had some good racing for a couple of seasons, and some good Friday nights with the bear.

Well done!
    Stumbles likes this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done mate! And Stumbles is right, you're absolutely hilarious, great fun all around the race track.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    DekGT5mad and Stumbles like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My best memory with Anon would have to be this awesome battle in Season 11, I would come out on top in the video, but his superior strategy won him the race. Cheers Anon for the many laughs, and congratulations!
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    well deserved mate
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Always a giggle when you're about. Well done!!
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Anon writing his own blurb? :D:p:confused::mad:o_O

Gratz mate, i'm always in awe at the behind the scenes stuff you do, and thats just for the league races, not too mention the prize competition draws (BTW thanks for that rigging up of the results for the wheelstand and wheel! ;))

Well deserved recognition!
    DekGT5mad, Stumbles and stucar17 like this.
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Congratulations Anon, definitely earned this, well done.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Well deserved anon ! Great work mate :)
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Great bloke and a huge asset to ROOZ.

This bloke puts in a bucketload of hours behind the scenes to get the seasons up ad running ,and always gives us a good laugh as well.

Congrats Anon!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Who's been doing things out the back of out the back. Sneaky buggers!!

Wow! Firstly, thanks Stumbles for the great write up, and Stu, Cyber, Clevo, Carn, Koastr, KC...heck everyone who thought to give me this honour. After a sh1t week and equally sh1tty day, this is a great pick-me-up I must say. ROOZ has become my "shed out the back" and sometimes my "Friday night down at the pub" since Stumbles pulled me through the front door just before season 2. I'm glad he did, it's been a great ride.

Can I just say the staff on this forum are some of the best lads you'll ever deal with. Beyond that, the community here is one of the most accessible and friendly groups I've ever encountered. Giving up some free time to help keep this place running is like handing over pennies in exchange for gold bricks, I always get more back than I put in.

Well thanks again, hopefully I can get some super results on the track this season as well. And...well the mod in me just can't be stopped, all the help that you guys can give us in the lead up to GT6 season 2 would be invaluable. Last season was a watershed moment for the league - big numbers, big prizes and big hurdles to overcome (thanks PD). All the help we can get, on and off the track, will be gratefully accepted.
    DekGT5mad, Clevohead, Ad2mny and 7 others like this.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  13. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    great stuff mate well deserved of a worthy m8
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Gratz Anon. Extremely well deserved. :D

Just another achievement to throw in the mix.... OZGT500, a very well run, enjoyable, and memorable little series by Anon, which, along with a very nice array of in-game prizes, was very much appreciated. Quite an effort behind the scenes I'm sure, but Anon pulled it together and made it look effortless - even when straddling organisation across OZGT and GTLOZ.

Oh and the post race fun run's... they were such a hoot!

Cheers mate. :cool:
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Darko, I went looking for some of your fantastic pics from the post race RM Cappacino fun run's but they seem to be gone :(

Found this vid from Anon for the OZGT500.... was one of many great productions. Love the text commentary, especially "spin out montage!"
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Ad2mny, DekGT5mad, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Congrats Anon

Had to re upload the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ahhh the memories!! That was one tough series, so many spin outs!!

@Darko, the Cuppa's were sweet! That first pic, haha, I don't know who that is, but I still love a bit of cone-icide!! Thanks lads. Wish I could locate the mini races we did, fully juiced on RS tyres, epic understeer!
    DekGT5mad and KoAStR like this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

That is Darko himself! I distinctly remember him having that striking colour scheme, inspiring me to change my own from chrome on black, to orange wheels on green or something similar the following week!
    DekGT5mad and Anon666 like this.