BJ (Awarded posthumously)

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, Jun 12, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Tonight BJ received a fitting farewell, where his wife Brenda organized for his car to do one more race for him. Thanks to the div 5 guys for the effort to make this happen. It was quite hard seeing his name log off for the last time.

Brenda sent the following message to me after the race had finished......

"Thanking everyone once again, it was great to be able to have his presence there in a place that he loved to be, it meant a lot to be able to do that for him.
    His funeral was held on thursday and his racing wheel was proudly in place on his casket.
    There is a link to the ceremony to watch online if anybody wishes to do so http://www.vimeo.com/dougnesbit
    Once again thanking everybody for the words of support. I read though the tributes on the raceonoz page, thankyou for sharing."

Thanks to Brenda for what would obviously be a very hard thing to do. He wont be forgotten.
    Stiffsht, KoAStR, Peter Wise and 9 others like this.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    It was nice to see Bruce, even if it was this way. Broke my heart though, I wish I had know him better.
    Peter Wise, MINT_GTR, SuiCid3 and 4 others like this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Watching that was incredibly moving. He did indeed have more fields to plough, and many races to win.
    That poem is what got me, will admit I shed a few tears when that was recited. Fitted perfectly. Was a beautiful service Brenda, thank you for giving us the opportunity to witness it. [​IMG]
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey lads, I am slowly putting together a little something to send to BJ's family. I'm going to include some pic's of him racing. Would love everyone to have a look through their save files and grab some actions shots with BJ showing his skills. For eg:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hey anon, have a look at the Div5 thread. Around page 17. I grabbed a couple of photos from our parade lap with Brenda.

I'll also have a look at some of our past events to see if i can find something special. Will post here what I find.
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will do, thanks man.
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Its been awhile since I have logged in and I was terribly sadden when I read this last night and was thinking about it all morning at work, in this virtual world of gaming it sometimes feels like things like this just cant happen. BJ was a great bloke, very easy going and had a great attitude. He was a great member to have to on this site, always dedicated and in a great mood. I had a couple of chats with him on the shout out a few times at night and few races and practice sessions with him. His vibrancy and spirit for life will be sorely missed, my deepest condolences to his family. You will never be forgotten buddy, truly a member who encompassed the ROOZ spirit.. Rest in peace mate.
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96, Mustafur and 6 others like this.
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I am completely shocked by this sad news.Bruce was a incredible bloke always having a laugh having a great time and putting smiles to everyone's faces.And Geez could the man drive.
    It's as if when he first gripped his new wheel the race gods blessed him.with every lap he improved greatly.

I'll never forget that last lap in R.O.C n64 and I are charging through the fields to catch Bruce way out front we just started to gain on the last few bends and as we just make our way near the home stretch I caught a glimpse of Bruce flying over the line for the flag and I couldn't help but have a grin ear to ear for the man.For me that was the race that has and always will be the highlight of my sim racing.Every lap I have shared with bruce has been an inspiration.coming first,last,a big crash or a d/c non of that matters.It is the people around us that does.our fellow members,friends,the laughter and fun.and always to offer a helping hand.

Farewell good mate and R.I.P
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Awesome. Choked up Anon. Great song and well put together. RIP Bj.
    SuiCid3 and S_CLOSE like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    MMMM, ok, will look at it tonight when i am not at work. :(
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Great work Anon.
    Just hope we can add another title to that list when / if he wins his ROC on Sunday week. (really hope he does).
    Peter Wise likes this.
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That was awesome Anon. Great song choice
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Very cool montage. Brought a huge smile to my face knowing that in heaven he is still driving his heart out in whatever car is now at his disposal.
    RIP BJ
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    We all know he's hanging it massively sideways in a Nissan 240RS, looking down the road out of the drivers window with a huge grin on his face.
    stucar17, Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, awesome Anon. Well done mate.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Anon, brought a tear to my eyes. :(
  18. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Bruce I may not have know u very well but I have enjoyed the great moments we have shared together the best one I can think of is spa pre season fun in the mclaren constantly swapping the lead over and over again in a 5 lap dash eventually he came out on top by 3 tenths I can proudly say it was one of the best battles ive had in gt6 and one ill surely never forget it now
    To wife Brenda and children (if he had any) and close friends my heart goes out to every one of you for your tragic loss
    He may be gone but we wont every forget him
    R.I .P Mate its been a pleasure knowing you
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Stu,
    This is Brenda, Bruce's wife, decided to make a login under my name as it may be a bit freaky to log in in bruce's account and have his name pop up on the logged in screen, although i have done that a couple of times by accident on various occasions as it auto signed in
    Have just read the message you sent via email it is so awesome that Bruce won his division he would have been so happy that he had done it again and i know from wherever he is he is celebrating another win :)
    It it so awesome of you guys to remember him the in the ways you are, it is the coolest, i know he would have been so humbled that you thought so much of him and it really does mean a lot to me and the rest of our family who have also have read the messages and now have a greater understanding of his online racing and why he loved it so much as he made so many good friends and always had a great time racing with you guys and as he always told me whole lot cheaper than doing it for real but to him it was very real and i know he loved to be in his man cave connecting with you guys and loved the racing and the friendship
    I also have just received the dvd from Anon and it is really well done and i thank you all
    Bren
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had a quick chat the other night to Bren, asked if it was ok if i pass on her thoughts regards the sites efforts to remember Bruce and she said it was ok.....

'Hi Stu
    we doing alright, one day at a time as they say, Sunday nights always think racing night :) have been keeping a silent watch on things. love the logo for team bhr its awesome and the lime green rims are cool, love that they have gone silver for the bod its looking good, the whole green thing has taking off. Bruce always wanted his car to stand out mainly so he could pick it out lol and because of that on Bathurst weekend which is always a race that Bruce loved his brother Trev and friends in oz and us in nz wore a bit o green in memory of the old fella....and what a race it was and the only thing missing was him'

Thanks to everyone for remembering him in such awesome ways. I do take great comfort from looking in on ROOZ and seeing BHR team and remembering the time he spent with you guys. He did love it more than anything :)