Season 3 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

There is a tyre ware multiplier but not a fuel multiplier. Issue came up in tune vs non tune discussion last season.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ahh :poop: Forgot you can only decrease Fuel Rate..... not increase.
    Oh well, the fact remains you could enforce a mandatory pitstop. Even though many may just take tyres or even a single litre of fuel to pass requirement.
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  3. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Perhaps try it V8 Supercars style. In V8's you have a 110L fuel tank (i think), and must put in an extra 140L (again, i think) throughout the course of the race. However you choose to add this fuel is up to you and therefore along with tyres can really open up the strategy.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Would be an epic concept, but there's no way this can be monitored sadly, which really has to be PCARS biggest downfall in creating a rulebook capable of making varying strategies work. Only way it could work is if people took screenshots mid race of how much fuel they were putting in.
    The chances of that going pear-shaped at some point? Very high :cry:
  5. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    That's very true, i hadn't thought about that part of it. Cool idea on paper, but not likely very practical
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree, great concept but absolutely no chance of being able to monitor it unfortunately....the game options dont give a wide enough scope to restrict what we can or cant do in the regs.......

Its almost a given that the series will allow tuning given the fuel issue...i would say 95%.......the only thing that may change it is if when we choose the car there is not enough fuel in the tank to get through the 45 mins.......The formula C has a small tank and 'may' be a factor, however it uses a minimal amount per lap so it could even get home on 1 tank ??? I am also assuming that there will be no changes to the way the game manages these restrictions into the future, however experience would tell us there is little to no chance of it changing now.

The thing with running on "normal wear" is that it effectively turns the race into a 30 lap sprint, there would be near to no need for anyone to pit, even those who are killers on tires, people's best laps are generally when the tire is at "about" 80% and even the banshees wont get to that level i wouldn't think......So "IF" we go down that path then it's important (i think) that we make the pit stop compulsory to try to bring in a little strategy.
  7. autech91

autech91 Professional

In regards to the compulsory stop, that would be another reason we would need to run tuning on, as much as it pains me to say I had a race the other day where one of the lads pitted with "Default on" and it put him out on rain tyres in the stinking heat.
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    This is why I'm now looking forward to AC. This kinda crap should have been fixed at this point.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, agree. The tuning "off" option is just painful with regards to pitstops.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Assuming they get it right from release it should be good. They have said they will be porting it straight across so "in theory" it should be great......we have heard that before though ;)
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Is there a way to mandate multiple tyre compounds? That would force a pit stop and introduce some strategy to the race

Assuming the chosen car had multiple compounds available...
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not that im aware in the regs....you could do it manually through the pit stops but buggered if im going to check that everyone as the right tire on ! The replays dont cater for that......we did it in GT6 before though
  13. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I'm fine with this as longs it isn't like season 2 because we went non tune because of the fuel issue and believed because the car is so good you can't find much time tuning it but with x2 wear it means that the tune becomes more effective on the racing because some tunes could go without stopping and some couldn't and also how much you can push. A compulsory stop would be the only way I'd race x2 wear. The strategy of when you pit compared to if you pit seems fairer to me because sometimes I would stop during a race and only be able to go as fast as people who are no stopping. Compulsory stop and normal wear make the tune about how fast you can go. This worked in season 1 because wear became a factor towards the end of races affecting lap times and causing people to make mistakes. The enduro and endurance series are meant to be about the tire and fuel strategies because I believe what we want is 30-45 min of good, fun, hard racing on a Sunday night. (I may be mistaken but please argue appropriately and don't attack me)
    fezza and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will try these tonight again after team mate series....particularly the 'stang
    v8power383 likes this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    If we do select the Supercar

Jus sayin.... Can we have a Nurburgring too :whistling:

JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We tried the GT4 ginetta and Aston last night too, WOW. great little cars
    beakeroo and Spidey_11 like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've seen the word tittle so much around here recently I'm now beginning to see it where it isn't.
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  18. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Personally prefer the Ginetta over the Aston. Ginetta is less powerful sure, but it's makes up for it with its astonishing downforce and grip through the bends. Makes it quite and easy and friendly car to drive on both a wheel and a controller.

My hearts still set on the radical though
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah ive had a couple more spins in the Radical and i liking it more as i drive it more.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    It's one of those cars where the harder you push it the safer it feels (until you go to far and off you go!)
    webnomad and Zachery like this.