Season 4 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Yuss 5points!!!! I've got one hand on the trophy already :whistling:
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    And the other hand on....
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all......Driver Briefing for Round 2 at Nurburgring GP....Generic to all divs

The ONLY change to the regs from last week is the start time. It has moved forward from 1400 to 1700. The reason for this is to reduce the track temp and stop the tires from overheating. In the race run we did the other night, everyone was ok on tires, with the wear on real the temp started from between 110 down to the mid 90s for most. If you do heat your tires more than 110*, as they wear you will be right in the pocket on temp.

Fuel, like Round 1 will be tight, but there was no one in the prac race who ran out. I finished with 2.5 ltrs, i can only suggest that if you think you might run out you do a full test run to see by how much....i cant see anyone having an issue however.

TRACK LIMITS
    There will be track limits to be aware of this round.
    ROOZ regulations state that you must keep at least 2 wheels on the white line OR ripple strip at all times, unless otherwise advised.

This rule WILL BE ENFORCED on the EXIT of turn 2 and, the EXIT of turn 4 AND the VEEDOL Chicane. There are time penalties on the exit of both, HOWEVER they are quite wide and an advantage can be gained by running wide there.

TURN 2 : Running wide at T2 gives a narrow speed advantage, and straightens the line into 3 which could give an unfair advantage. Passing a car through T3 after going off track after 2 will be penalized with a 30 sec penalty (DT equivalent)

TURN 4 : IF you gain an advantage there by running wide on exit, and make a pass into TURN 6, you will be penalized 30 sec (equivalent of drive through) where is is CLEAR you were out of track limits.

14 & 15 (Veedol Chicane) : Drivers deemed to be cutting this chicane will receive a 30 sec drive through Penalty. Its a tough one, as there IS a time penalty there already, HOWEVER it is 'about' half a car width from the Ripple strip. It does give an unfair advantage if abused, however drivers do risk a 5 sec game penalty from taking to much track. This will be monitored on the replay, and i ask other drivers to observe here as well.

[​IMG]

CONTACT : Well done to everyone last week for the overall standard of driving. There are a few spots on this track however where you can 'push' an opponent into a penalty, or bump them off line. Namely Turn 1, Turn 8 and one we have the most issues with is Veedol Chicane (14/15) where drivers can easily be bumped into a penalty. All i can say is redress if that happens, of you may end up with a post race penalty

BLUE FLAGS : A Reminder that if you are being lapped, you need to get out of the way within a reasonable amount of time.

SWERVING : A reminder that drivers ARE NOT permitted to swerve to stop another driver picking up the draft. You may change your direction once, and then run your preferred line on corner entry if you have track position.

@TDZdave , @zuluwoffle , @vh_mik , @cowdoesfly , @Fastboysmith , if you guys can confirm your availability would be good so i know who is in etc to place the reserve drivers.....

@Mustafur , at this stage i have you in for @TDZdave who i believe was out for the first few rounds. If you could confirm would be good.

As always, if there is anything i have missed or something that needs to be clarified please comment below.

Stu
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    autech91 and Spidey_11 like this.
  5. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well judgin by my driving over the weekend you'd think I had my hand in my you know what:geek:
    AOCleaner74, SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  6. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    At this stage Stu I'm not sure. I hope to but as I've gotta be at Katoomba early Monday morning and may drive down the night before but won't know for certain until Sunday.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Is that why you drive in automatic gearbox? :cautious:
  8. autech91

autech91 Professional

@stucar17 Just some clarification please on turn 4, the curb on the left allows you to run onto it but then runs out into a slip road which is outside the white line. Should drivers be back 2 wheels inside the track at the end of that curb?
    If we look at Beaus lap at 1:26 he has both wheels outside the white line and no longer on a curb... Can we use this slip road as if it were the track? Not having a dig btw @Beau_Albert just want to make sure we are all using exactly the same amount of track on Sunday.

9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    my opinion on beaus Vid, that is the absolute limit of where you could go, but yeah wait for Stu to clarify.
    autech91 likes this.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    The rule is two wheels on the curb OR white line isnt it? so my take on it is that both wheels outside the white line on that access road is off the track and potentially gaining an advantage.

I dont think there is a game enforced track cut penalty there (might be further out to the left), so one or two excursions out there can be classed as a driver error as long as no big advantage is gained but systemmatic running over the line should be penalised.
    Spidey_11, Zachery and autech91 like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im unsure as to whether the wheel is completely off, or juuuust touching the line still. lemme watch in full screen and double check.

I reckon it pops over for literally a millisecond. lol
    autech91 likes this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I recon if you are going to run penalties on, run it to what the game gives you and run the risk of going over, and if you are all doing it, is it still an advantage?
    seth123 likes this.
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

CRIMINAL! PUBLIC STONING AT NOON FOR @Beau_Albert
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  14. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    stucar17 and Spidey_11 like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Beau DSQ :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::D:D:D
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well, i'm going to go cry now ;) I remember on that lap the car felt as if it was bouncing across, so it may have gone a bit wider than I liked. If I went over the line (Literally :p ) then I shall allow you each to throw one egg at my car and i'll have Juzzy as my grid guy :'(
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    mate, i think youre pretty safe. just pull it in a couple mm and youre on the perfect line.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Aha I know, many times I go through there and don't put a wheel off, just so happens on my lap I put up I was on the cusp of going 4 wheels off :thumbsup:
    Zachery likes this.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It doesn't matter if you cheat by an inch or a mile cheating's, cheating!!
    AOCleaner74, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ask any racer, any real Racer. lol