Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    If Thursday night after 6pm Perth time gets up, I'll grab a Manor and probably emulate them and cruise around at the back!
    seth123 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It already is up!
    What car number?
  3. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    #5 will do
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    $89
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  5. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Nice! Let's go with 32...carries some signifcance ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Care to share? :)
  7. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You disappoint me Jono...Schumi's first ever drive was in the Jordan 191, car number 32.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I figured it might have been on something you raced in years ago but that's just as good! 25 years to the day... :)
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah after running some laps of Melbourne im in
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Alright, what car and number? (you haven't got much choice here lol)
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Any team, car #83
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    The cynic is back, delivering the regular reminder that this game is a simcade:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45091/equal-cars-topspeed-test-from-www-topspeedracing-at
    (Once again, a la the past games, the cars online when set to Equal are NOT equal)

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44790/traction-control-is-too-over-powered
    (Confirmed that latent Traction Control exists for pad users; most of the top Time Trial times are by controller users because of it. Further, the assists - from what I can deduce everywhere in the forums - received a buff from the crossover from beta to release. Assists are overpowered, as usual)

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/08/21/your-magic-setup-for-f1-2016-is-here/
    (The annual, typical, physics defying, game breaking setup formula - years ago, I would have suppressed this sort of information because anything to give me an edge in a championship I'd wish to keep, but having won many an F1 league previously, I can attest to how meaningless being fast at these games is. Every single other racing title you play has more competitive value than Codies F1. The only way to actually equalise the field is to turn assists off, and someone to earmark/post the optimal setup before the race)

-- unrelated to MP -- http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44646/practice-programmes-too-hard-with-ultimate-ai
    (Practice programs are stuffed on Ultimate AI)

-- unrelated to MP -- http://forums.codemasters.com/discu...er-or-are-custom-setups-making-the-difference
    (I feel the same as this guy, but I'm 21 so can't be old yet...)

---
    Anyway, I'm still looking forward to my first F1 league in 3 years purely for old times sake (because this got me into sim racing to begin with), but I'm very disillusioned with any value this game has competitively.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    What does make you happy @Crunch ?
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  14. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    Damn I want to do this. Stupid family and Perth time :mad::mad:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
    rossi0nsx likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I just know I had a fun qually session at Monaco in heavy wet conditions last night. Even with traction control on, the back is trying to walk sideways (even in 4th and 5th gear) at full throttle. And coming out of Portier into the dry tunnel is a blast.

It's tricky, but in a fun way that becomes predictable and allows you to get more aggressive once you know what the car is going to do.
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    My championship money's already going on this fella. You've all been warned!
  17. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm really loving this game, only played a couple of hours but it's impressed me. I'm enjoying having the back end slide around a bit under power. It's basically impossible without TC on medium though. I tried to do it but my times were ridiculously slow. The pedal calibration is all wrong.
    I was in neutral and depressed the pedal about 15% and the thing revs right up to almost the limiter. This is one thing that no F1 game has ever had right. You can't play with the throttle on slow corners unless you have TC on.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Crunch If all you're going to do is complain how this league is not hardcore enough, or the game is simcade, or anything else you find wrong, I recommend pulling out and giving your seat to someone who's going to enjoy it. I want a hardcore simtastic F1 game as much as the next person but the bottom line is this game is fun as hell, I'm enjoying it, we're enjoying it, so lets race! Yeah the game has issues but are nothing compared to the issues faced in the other 2 games used for Sunday League. I can say with confidence if we use our heads and treat the game similar to the SL, we could be on the cusp of something great.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nah, I've warmed to the game, and I'm keen to race in the league.

I'm also keen to sit tight and put up with the regulations. I actually thought I was doing a public service by highlighting a number of important threads I'd found outlining a few things. I thought that proclaiming 'The cynic is back, delivering the regular reminder that this game is a simcade' would be a funny joke, but clearly, people are getting rubbed the wrong way unnecessarily. The fact of the matter is, traction control has the same impact on the racing as Skid Recovery Force, and everyone here except @cruciald00dz and me seem to be okay with that. I'm also okay with that, as long as everyone knows what the regulations stipulate. Driving with traction control irrevocably changes pace and tyre wear for the better. Drivers using a pad also have different physics values, very akin to SRF. The cars are NOT equal, and I wish that I had chosen the Mercedes now. Some setups break the laws of physics, and that's an unfortunate consequence of the game currently.

I thought that raising the alarm to these issues would be of service, but clearly, everyone seems to be fine with putting their heads in the sand and singing 'kumbayah'.

I'm fine with being a villain sometimes if it gets people actually considering things instead of being completely dismissive or stubborn. I've tried my hardest, but noone seems to be interested in the limitations that have been ever present more than 6 years ago. Codies have continually dropped the ball on these issues for leagues on their F1 titles, but the internet and players are praising F1 2016 as a 'second coming', yet the physics and gameplay are fundamentally identical to F1 2015, and the engine is identical to F1 2010.

Any talk of this league becoming a tentpole Sunday league is misguided when we're racing with the crutch that is traction control (akin to the Skid Recovery Force in terms of value).

I'm fine with this as long as everyone understands. I'm looking forward to racing some F1 again!
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I've got a better chance of winning this years Bathurst 1000 than F1 ever becoming a Sunday League game. But that's not the point. The point here is, again, @Crunch if you are so looking forward to this like you say you are, why does it appear as if you are going to such efforts to put people off joining? Of course people are going to be rubbed the wrong way when you say things like "The Cynic is back" because all I've seen from you in this thread is bash the game for being similar to its predecessors. We all signed up to race on this game with the knowledge of being a new game there are going to be issues. I'm trying my hardest to work around these "limitations" that you claim no one is interested in. My question is, what exactly do you want, do you want to race with us in this league and have a great time, or continue to bash the game and accuse us of having our heads in the sand because we're not as flustered as you appear to be? We are all aware of the game's issues. Let's run through them shall we?

Assists are OP, ok, so I should ban them and have less than half the field finish because of crashes? The game doesn't simulate the torque accurately at all, so medium traction control is (for probably the 100th time) the best solution to a tricky problem. I want a closely fought, clean F1 league which with ROOZ is probably the only chance anyone is going to get. I don't want a league that's going to have drivers 5 laps down or DNFing on lap 1 because they're struggling with the car with no assists. If you want to race with no assists, go ahead, no one's stopping you but please don't get upset if you so happen to lose to a driver who was using what they're entitled to in my rules. Pad users simply don't have the level of input accuracy wheel users do, while I don't think they should be entitled a built in TC, it makes sense as it is not a sim. Plus if a pad and wheel user are both using medium TC, that specific advantage is drastically reduced.

The cars aren't equal because of 1-6km/h difference in straight line speed? Would you rather the cars on 2016 performance so anyone in a Manor or Sauber hasn't got a hope in hell of winning? To do that everyone would need to be graded and placed in a suitable car but that takes a very long time and will only open another can of worms if suddenly someone finds 2 seconds a lap and they're in a top tier car. It saves me and everyone their hair if we're all thrown into the (almost) the same car.

F1 has always had exploitable tunes but again, how is this any different to the other games we play? Both Pcars and GT6 have camber exploits, and other areas of tuning which make no sense, but are of benefit to the gamer. All 3 companies are guilty of it, but what do you do to resolve that? Trying to force default tunes when it can't be physically enforced in game? No one's going to want to drive Monza or Monaco with blatantly wrong levels of downforce.

With all this in mind, chill out and just appreciate it for what it is, an open to all racers, fun Formula One league that allows the casual racer to enjoy action packed racing without stressing about wheelspin and lock ups, and the hardcore F1 nut to experience the white knuckle thrill of a 22 car open wheel online race that we've always wanted.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.