Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    All I did was offer it if he wanted...

guess I will keep my mouth shut from now on because friendly conversations seem to end up this way.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Put me in div 2 please. Not worried about championship. Still time to win div 2 ;)
    Viperzed, Apex_64, nigegunz and 2 others like this.
  3. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    On that logic Emmo & turbo + moon should go to div 2 as well. So what if one driver dominates the race it's only for a season if he wants to go its up to him but what position does he get in div 2 equal 1st he's earned it. Then let them battle it out glad I'm mid pack. :cool:
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Love your attitude :cool:
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it was speculation...
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I know just having my 5 cents worth. Actually @Hatfield might be a good idea for the future to use overall times for the div selection instead of dropping them down or moving them up just a thought. :cool:
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I have thought about this before.

I have seen a series where you need to qualify each round and that gives you your place in either division but what if, for example someone like warrior or nicko isn't available to qualify? they would have to be in the bottom div for that round and I think where you can see this would go.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think a time trial prior to the season should be set-up in the club lobby with the car chosen for the season. Different cars suit driving styles and as such difference in pace from one season to the next can be large. Crunch and I are an example of this, Crunch (may have been lack of practice too) was average in the Ferrari in my 1st season, but was super fast in the HSV the next season. I was ok in the Ferrari but I drove the HSV like a Nanna because of my fear of the oversteer snap.
    The only possible drawback I can see is sandbagging in the time trial. If it is obvious a driver has far too much pace for his division in the early rounds, then that driver should be promoted to the next division. ie. Poppinfresh. (he could hold his own in Div1)
    P.S. Is there another Div higher than div1 for Warrior:alien: and Mint:alien:?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think it boils down also boils down to car and track combo preference too, as we've seen many times before some drivers take to a car like a pig to mud. For example, I very nearly won the Div 1 title in the 908, and finished 2nd in the Impreza GT300 the season before, with two of my absolute favourite cars in the game, but each following season I've been completely useless.

The system we've used for 25 seasons has worked fine, and sometimes you get a season with total domination. It happens everywhere in sim racing and in the real world too. Denying someone a chance at the championship because they're too fast is wrong in my opinion, unless they really do want to be promoted. In the 4 years I've been here I've seen this happen many times, but never have seen this much complaining before.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol @AOCleaner74 won every race bar 1 in season 4 div2 Pcars, not one person complained. I dominated season 3 div3 pcars and no one complained.

The point is, that person should be commended for improving soo much between seasons, and then promoted at seasons end. Moving someone up because people are complaining is akin to punishing someone for doing well.
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    holy smokes that escalated quickly.
    I can understand angst if @POPPINFRESH1234 was forced to move. Being given a choice and taking the option seems to eliminate any controversy from my perspective.
    Cyberstig1, Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Did i miss someone complaining? Seemed like a pretty general comment about his pace to me.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That was discussed a while back. But it then opens the door to mass sandbagging (unfortunately) at least by going off previous seasons we know that people were trying, so to speak.

Its probably one of the hardest things to get right due to variables with different cars/tracks every season. Someone will always stand out every season somewhere. That much is inevitable.
    emmo46 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Maybe complaining was the wrong word to use. It just seems this snowballed because a guy is doing well, thats all. (Which i dont attribute blame to you at all for) :thumbsup:
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I thought i would put some opinion in since i have once had a dominant season (in the HTO series).

It was a 4 round series and i disconnected from the first race and then came back to win 3 straight races, the last 2 i won by 8 seconds (Fuji and Spa) and the 1st race i won was Tsukuba in the wet in this race i lapped the majority of the field and by that i believe i lapped up to and including 3rd place but there was no real complaints from any races, yes i was probably in the fastest car that season but other people in the HSV couldnt match me and there was also power penalties to try and even the playing field.

At the end of the day to put it bluntly; Winners train, losers complain.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think "Top of the Pops" Poppinfresh as Hatfield stated should have the choice.
    Personally i would rather come last in Div1 than win Div3 because racing with faster drivers is more satisfying and promotes me to go faster myself.
    So if i was an easy winner of Div3, I would complain, and be unmotivated by the lack of competition.
    And as a Div1 driver that is near last in pace, I train, i practice, and i try to extract every bit of speed I can get.
    Winning to me is only satisfying when there is competition, and winning for me is driving as clean and fast as I can.
    I am sure Warrior's win over Mint last race was one of his sweetest. It was extremely hard fought and close and required all of Warrior's freaky:alien: driving abilities to do so.
    annelorrianne likes this.
  17. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Once again look at who started the complaint this is where it went wrong if those who are getting their butt kicked just left it alone it would be over in 4 races. But where are they now awfully quiet. If there was a problem with someone winning I'm in the wrong sport. Winning is a bonus in racing the enjoyment comes in bettering yourself and having a good race with your peers if that is 5th vs 6th so be it. Very rare do I get an excellent race if I'm miles out in front but I get the win. I'd rather have a hard fought battle like last week vs @incey and @azzbang than a win. :cool:
  18. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Will there be an incident report for the 25-second penalty applied at the last round?
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Oh fer crying out loud.

NO ONE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT POPPINS PACE. NO ONE.

It looks like once again, some certain people's sense of humour has been switched off and a few light hearted and tongue in cheek comments were taken way too seriously.

As I mentioned before, I commend Poppin on his skill and speed. I also commend his attitude and zeal towards moving up a division (whenever that will be). If for instance, he did move up through his own request or otherwise, half of me would be happy about it, and half of me would be disappointed as I would like to see if I could beat him.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Are you sure, don't feel pressured, I wasn't complaining just stating facts that the rest of us will have to lift our game and you aren't beating us by that much. My race time in a pre race full distance practice at Tokyo was only a couple off tenths of your race time on Sunday so it is possible we can give you a better challenge at some of the tracks coming up.
    I personally would rather you stayed to see if we can give you more competition over the rest of the season and I would be happy finishing 2nd in the championship behind you. It's the other guys I'm looking to beat as we have had some great rivalry in the past and I'm happy to be battling them again. I'll stop my comments about your performance and the progress of the championship until it's finished because it seems some see it as complaining. .
    Cyberstig1, Hatfield and disturboed like this.