Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    now that i've taken a breath, i'd really appreciate it if someone could link me the replay file
  2. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Qualified 5th finished 2nd started on wets stayed on them had a very hairy moment turn 1 lap 1 when it seemed the whole field turn in on me next minute cars everywhere thought I was a goner when @incey hit me on Eau rouge at 200+ km/hr had to really keep it together but the car keep straight now I had to wait patiently for all to pit gained heaps of places couple had to pit twice. My gamble of the 100% payed off. I love the strategy of races. Especially when it pays off. :cool:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Half-Byte and Bluemoon like this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well , @WOLFYDADDY007 on my screen you blew the start, you were way back in my mirror, then rammed into me at turn 1 as I was queuing around the corner, effectively ending any chance of a decent finish.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got mauled at turn 1 as well and lost a place to half Byte as I was sorting myself out.
  5. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Well @incey as I said I was turned in on had no where to go look at replay I slammed on brakes was up against the wall had nowhere to go but I was talking about up further wasn't having ago just saying it added to the excitement of trying to keep control in wet and beefing hit no offence was intended. :cool:
  6. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Seems like the outside was a better place to be ;)
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Unfortunately I started on the inside and tried to keep out of trouble at the first turn. Somebody hit me in the back just before the apex and I wasn't able to get the power down. That's racing I guess.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Last night was always going to be a lottery with the variable weather, I had a ticket but I lost. My practice had convinced me that the wet would go to about 30% and then drop back to zero and I would be able to do the race non stop on RS tyres. Div 1 seems to have had that result, for me though I was on the wrong strategy and I made things much much worse by being optimistic and staying out two laps too long on the RS tyres. The second lap of which was a nightmare as the wet got over 50% and I had to slip and slide my way around the lap to get to the pits.
    I had started 4th about 8/10ths behind turbo who was on pole with 2:32.067. I lost a place at turn 1 and then after holding position as it got wetter I looped it coming onto the pit straight and dropped another position to 6th. After my debacle of going too long on the RS tyres I came out of the pits dead last (9th) about a minute behind the leader.
    A little way ahead of me there was a group of cars led by Arnold followed by Anne with Moon closing on them. He must have had a similar strategy to me but wisely came in a lap ahead of me. I started to gain on that little group and then Moon got past Anne and she started to slip back to me. I caught her but there was no way past. After a couple of laps she ran wide in Bruxelles and I was through and set off after Arnold and Moon who were still locked in battle. I was so pleased to have taken the place and was gaining on them again that as I approached Bruxelles on the next lap I distracted myself by checking to see who were the pair of guys a little way ahead of Arnold/Moon (I am too ambitious maybe) and hence totally missed my braking, went into the sand and let Anne back by me (DOH). It took me another couple of laps to catch her and wait for another slight error from her before I could set sail for Arnold/Moon again, about three laps wasted there.
    Just as I was getting close to the arnold/moon battle, moon was through and started to pull away. I got up to Arnold's tail but again there was no way through. I unfortunately bumped him a couple of times trying to get a good run through the apexes to get a run onto the following straight. Fortunately Arnold seemed unfazed and continued on unabated. I backed off him a bit for fear of turning him around and was stuck for a couple of laps as my nemesis Moon sailed off into the distance. Eventually Arnold had some surprise oversteer on the right hander at Campus and went a little off track and I was through. woohoo, now to chase Moon again.
    Moon was now about 5 seconds ahead and Incey was about the same distance ahead of him. Moon was closing on Incey at the same rate that I was closing on Moon and it looked like we would get nose to tail at the same time. I scuppered that by having a wiggly moment on the left hander at Les Combes so I was a little late for the party. On the last lap I got close to Incey/Moon as they slid through campus and around Stavelot. On the way out of Staveleot I noticed some action ahead in the spray ball and as I rounded the right hander towards Courbe I came across Incey out wide and I was able to slip through and with about 30 seconds of race left, pushed on after Moon. I missed out getting to him by about a second and was thinking a couple more laps might have been good, although I doubt I could've passed him in the conditions. As it was I was bloody glad it was all over at the end of lap 17:confused:.
    Well done @disturboed on an excellent strategy and a gem of a drive. It looks like @POPPINFRESH1234 may not be able secure the championship at round 5 but may have to wait until race 6. This race put a bit of a dent in my chances of being best of the rest. I'll have to be on my best behaviour for the final three races if I'm to have any chance at that prize.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    incey, Bluemoon and Half-Byte like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be there ready to race.
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm happy either way.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'd rather get this season finsihed asap
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Could start early on Sunday and do 3 races in 1 :)
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i was fading for the last few laps at spa, might be able to do two not three though
  14. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think there are some protests to be resolved before results become final.
  17. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    quicker than me:(
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Too busy these few days. @emmo46 has posted it, so that's good :)
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    we only had really had the first lap to set a lap time.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.