PCARS-2 [Completed] RTEC 2018 Round 5 - 80 Minutes of Silverstone

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Aug 18, 2018.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Round 5 of the 2018 RaceOnOz Team Endurance Championship.
    [​IMG]
    A good mix of corners from slow hairpins to high speed and some rapid direction changes. Overtaking will be challenging and require you to string a bunch of good corners together.

Timetable for Saturday, 18 August 2018
    • Weather settings announced by 5pm
    • Official Qualifying: 7:30pm Sydney Time, Game Time 10am, Time Progression 1x
    • Official Race Start: Approx 8pm Sydney Time, Game Time 11am, Time Progression 5x
    Weather Settings
    Slot 1: Clear
    Slot 2: Clear
    Slot 3: Clear
    Slot 4: Clear

Race Start
    • Room Race Settings : Standing Start - 85m Timed Race
    • Formation Lap
      • Single file warmup lap as per league sprint rounds
      • Max Speeds:
        • Start to Exit of Stowe: 200km/h (so the lap isn't too long and people can keep tyre temps up)
        • Stowe to Club: 80km/h (to bunch the field up)
      • Full Speed from Club corner exit onto the start/finish straight
      • No overtaking before start/finish line
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Spidey_11, garyw61 and Telum like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

Race all clear weather. Looking forward to a great race with you guys.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    But I haven’t seen you on track all week..... good chance of that continuing tonight also... :roflmao:
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Not any practice for me so it could be a long night
  5. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Anthony.. you not alone mate haha
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    TFFT
    Racepace likes this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Qualy results;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race results;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DC's:
    Ant first,
    Juzzy second.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

what a race, thanks to all involved

faaaaaaaaaaaaaarkn pissed off when you disappeared right in front of me Juzz, i lifted off hoping you'd teleport back butt shiiiiiiit

well done benny slambo & spidey, not a dull moment in this race with you guys spreading out fast & there no shortage of lmp2s coming through. im sure spidey shat himself when i turned in on him into Brooklands, familia had just come thru & didnt see spidey at all. same again with t_b coming thru t2 as i slowly drift towards him & he's right there, Being There!

Essssteedeeeeeee makes a 1-2 for Team Green in GTE! Love ya work mate. Kartdude putting pressure on us all the way home, well done mate. I finally broke a personal hoodoo at Silverstone but it sure wasn't pretty, a half spin early which allowed juzzy through into brooklands & 3 more in the second half of the race had essstee within 4 seconds with 20mins to go
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

& i'd like to propose a rule change: for the remaining races, everyone switches to the Marek & the Corvette
    (in future seasons we could have a half season rule to the same effect)
    see what you guys think about that, im thinking it could take this whole being there to a new level
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    5 cent 50 cent 5 cent 50 cent. I was puckering mate lol
  11. Kartdude45

Kartdude45 Rookie

That was a great race! Pretty happy with p3 with the limited time and testing i had. Only knew i was needed 4 hours before qauli started and had some much needed sleep in between.

I can't remember who also. But sorry to the one lmp2 halfway where i nearly took you out at woodcut. I was trying to move out of the way
    kayne greenwood and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    was going good. till I crashed. it was damage control from then on. lucky I slowed enough to only get 18 front damaged and lost front right wheel. tire change was rushed and got the wrong pressures. didn't effect too much though just not as fast. but I'm still trying to figure out how to make these things quicker.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah those bloody LMP2s come up on you so quick! Sorry to anyone I held up.

Good race again everyone. Happy that it was my first where I didn't sustain any damage!
  14. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah what a race alright was great fun, challenging and kept ya on ya toes the whole way!

I didn't get much practice either only finally sunk time in on Thurs night for 2 hours then maybe another 2 on Friday, so stoked I had my pace up.

Woulda been great if I stuck with nige and juzz looked like a great battle up front, the track rubbered in super quick and I lost a couple of reference points for braking/turn in , I had v8 keeping me busy for ages and I'm guessing the no tyre change nudged me ahead. after pits I saw kartdude making progress so thought I'd push it for a few laps and prolong that window I had, thank god I did cause you weren't too far behind in the end another lap or two and you woulda had me I was having a great deal of trouble in the closing laps.

Lmps looked like they had a great race too, it looked epic when IIRC TB, JDM and was it bounty all battling it out, intense stuff.

Good racing all! Disappointed you dc'd juzz I had them feels for ya dude you were flying.
    Spidey_11 and Anthonyb like this.
  15. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

And yeah :):):):) I hated brooklands, after my 2 spins early I pretty much tip toed (maybe not that bad but ya get ma drift)through that c orner the majority of the rac escared to push it through till the track became super grippy.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Disappointed that I got called out even without much practice I was starting to find some pace and get onto the back of the battle of 3 cars one of which was gary. At least I left to get payed unlike Juzzy getting a dsc unlucky mate. Congrats to the podium see you at the next one.
    nigegunz and garyw61 like this.
  17. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Was bit of a road block last night. Just had no pace, and made a fee blues along the way. First time been in a slower category as well, tried to stick to my lines as best i could, didn’t make contact which was good, ended up just cruising around for the last 40mins as gaz was already a pitstop infront of me. Thanks for letting me fill in, always good fun . You top guys are too bloody quick
  18. its-benny-racer

I need to confirm which teams kartdude and duncs filled in for
  19. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Believe i filled in for stu
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID