Division 2 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Threw away my chances for a great result tonight. Very disappointed. :(
    Was great racing all around, I got to see most positional battles thru the race. :laugh:
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Got an awesome start, made up a position off the start and then a few more into the first chicane. It was so tense, everyone was so close, and a brief distraction from the engineer had me miss my braking point at the Lesmo curves and off I went. All the way to last. Made up a few more places from drivers making random mistakes, but was wallowing around in the 42+’s and was not making any progress. Pitted lap 12 and finally found some decent pace. Started setting pb sectors and laps as the fuel load dropped, then @Duncs_48 appeared behind me. He got past me fairly easily but I latched on to his rear and tried to use him to drag me forward. It worked for a couple of laps but man it was bloody hard work. Eventually I made a small mistake and he pulled far enough ahead to drop me from his draft. @disturboed dropped behind me and I held him off for a few laps but he found his way past with 1 lap to go, then a final mistake at Ascari on the final lap dropped me back even further, to finish in 12th.
    vanzr, SuiCid3, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  3. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah good race man I love this division man, its really anyones game.

I was reasonably happy with Quali and just hoped I went through turn 1 unscathed.. managed to do so and found myself 4th, like always struggled for rhythm at the start of the race of the first 2 laps and they were slowly drifting away and the I spun putting that matter to bed.

Found myself with Rossi and Bounty, that was fun for a couple of laps sadly tapped bounty in Ascari when we were a three way train and redressed for him. I then decided to pit at that point, mostly clear air for the main part, it was like I was a hoodoo curse or some :):):):) cause everyone I slowly gained on, would spin out just when things were shaping up for a battle which is great for me but not in terms of fun so sucks that happened.

Still though great race to all involved, well done Cags and familar and bring on next round, everyones so damn close in this car and the fact we know what next seasons car is going to be also looks like we're due for some close racing for a while yet. I was planning to have a break next season but not ifs like this! Whyyoudothis.
    stucar17, vanzr, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  4. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Mate, skaifey would of lost his nut! Those last 10 laps or so were nuts. Loved it mate
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Crazy night last night. Guess it was my turn to have ‘one of those races’
    Qualy was unreal, that last night was white knuckle stuff, had it sliding through the lesmos and back chicane. Thought I was about to have a heart attack at the end.
    Race was not so good. After the first turn, I made three more mistakes on the first lap, essentially ending a chance of a good result. 22 secs from the front and running last, and that gap pretty much stayed the same for the rest of the race. Had one more blue when following ranko along the back straight, unsighted, clipped the curb before the bridge and around I went. Had some awesome battles though, and that was the shining light, especially antb, don’t think we touched once, and had about 4 or 5 changes for position. Starting to wish I signed up to ROOZ’s years ago, I’m hooked! Well done to the front 3!
    stucar17, vanzr, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    It's a drug mate. The awesome racing is what hooks you.
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Another disappointing result for me, as again during the race was showing some good speed, quali in 5th and managing to escape some early dramas (for once), was in 3rd hanging off familia and CAGME looking to pounce if they had any issues. Although it seemed each time they hit a bump, i was TOO close to capitalise and I would have to back off myself to avoid crashing.

After the pitstop i was doing ok, but in the last phase of the race i started to make some mistakes and lost confidence in the rear of the car, it just kept breaking loose and I started to tumble down the order.

Made up a couple of spots back by the end, but I reckon had I kept it on the black stuff, a podium finish was on the cards.

Gratz to all the podium
    vanzr, Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Just watched the replay of our race man was that good there where so many battles going on. Very disappointed that it only saved 22 laps. Great racing everyone.
    I had a spin on lap 20ish at turn 1 after clipping the grass on the left having a sniff at vanz under brakes I was so lucky not to take out 2 or 3 people.
    Ad2mny and vanzr like this.
  9. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    I saw you coming and moved over lol, would've been messy It really was a great race though, well apart from taking out duncs on the first corner. Rossi and I were within a second of each other for the last 10 laps, i wasn't game enough to go for a big dive as his pace was good and my tyres were getting a bit mongrel after pitting on lap4. Congrats podium, job done well.
    Duncs_48, rossi0nsx and Anthonyb like this.
  10. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Started 2nd which I think was overs for me. Nice lap Dunc
    Got swamped off the line my camera was on the wrong view and ended up short shifting as I found the right one. Inherited 1st as Dunc got tagged. Epic 8 lap battle with CAGME who was much quicker. He got the job done into the Parabolica nice move mate. Pitted with disturbo lap 9 and lost a spot to him in the pits. Then a battle with disturbo for 3 or so laps and stuck a move into Roggia. Cracking battle with Jim, who I think had pitted later, all the while Kayne was lurking waiting to pounce. Lap 21 spun in 1st chicane gifting 2nd to Kayne and 3rd to Bounty who had just pitted. Was thinking that was where I'd finish as Bounty would be on fresh rubber. Evidently not stuck another pass through Roggia to bag 3rd which is where I finished,
    Great racing with you all.

[​IMG]
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Round 4 results are up
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Round 5 : Dubai International (Sprint) - 1/12/18 - TWILIGHT RACES
    Race 1 - 17 laps
    Race 2 - REVERSE GRID - 18 Laps - Lap 1 formation lap.
    - Qual Time - @ 4pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    -
    Race 1 Time - @ 5pm - Light cloud / Clear
    -
    Race 2 Time - @ 6pm - Medium cloud / Light Cloud

- Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - NO
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race
    -
    Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Well done last week guys..... 1 little hiccup, but other than that some good racing right through the divisions. SPRINT ROUND THIS WEEK, so make sure you understand how the race setup works for the reverse grid in race 2.
    Couple of things for the sprint round...
    - you can jump into pits to swap to hard tyres for qual if you want. Personally i have been faster staying on the softs.
    - please understand how the reverse grid works for race 2, and the process for the formation lap (see below)

ROOM CAPTAINS : Couple of things to look for.....

- Please check everyone has the same amount of fuel at the start of the race before you press 'ready'
    - IF you have to restart the room due to DSC or room issues, and you are NOT doing qual, then i would recommend you turn fuel burn off.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

RACE 2 FORMATION LAP : Race will be +1 lap, so 18 laps..... race will be set up to start with no qual, and from the green light all drivers will stop before T1 and line up in reverse order from Race 1. (DONT JUMP THE START !) Once in order, all drivers will remain in single file, and remain at about 150kph till turn 15. Once the leader is at turn 15, the lead car will slow to 100, and then control the start, with no overlap until AFTER the start / finish line.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Is pretty good here with a wide turn 1, and ample room through 2 and 3 on the run down to 4.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.

- The 3 and 4 Turns must not be cut.
    - Turn 11 kink on the inside
    - Turn 15 on exit near pit-lane entry, must not run wide.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : NOT REQUIRED FOR SPRINT ROUND

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.

'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

- Make sure you load your setup before going to track.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : NOT REQUIRED FOR SPRINT ROUND

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Jim_aka_The_Man, Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Anthonyb

14. Anthonyb

15. Anthonyb

Yet again the quality of racing was excellent again.
    Qualified well with @COME_AND_GET_ME7 setting a cracking time with the rest of us covered by not much at all.
    The race started well turn 1 was all good but t2 not so good went from 4th to 8th after a little tap found myself having a great time fighting with a few different people and was back up the leader board until I took too much curb at the second to last turn and dropped 2 spots I think I got back past turbo after he spun and started to chase @Ant_427 but ran out of laps to get the job done.
    Race 2
    Started in 5th behind turbo and we got a good run into turn 1 picking up a spot. got into P2 after about lap 2 and started to pressure turbo @Jim_aka_The_Man was closing in and the 3 of us started to pull away on the pack. Turbo and I had a lap that was a absolutely cracker mid race which seemed like we where side by side for the whole lap, turbo got a bit wild at t2 and not sure what happened but the 3 of us had a little bit of a coming together and Jim and myself dropped back by about 5 sec. So it was head down and time to try to catch turbo Jim and I had a great battle and we where realign turbo in but just couldn't get it done. Well done turbo and Jim had a ball.
    Got to say this has been one of my most enjoyable seasons yet the quality of racing and respect of everyone for everyone has been great. Thank you everyone.
    well done to the podium
  16. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good racing all, again the times continue to be very close, well done to podium on both races!

While not the worst round for me it was definitely one to forget, in the first round while I had no problems however my average lap pace was very wide and struggled to catch Bounty until the very end, second race.. first few laps were ok I struggled early on then concentration went out the window and was spinning virtually every second lap come mid race I just wanted the race to end haha

Overall though when I could stick with someone race was very enjoyable
  17. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Shame I couldn’t get back, times looked close again, and looked loke a tight race

Side note, tailem bend is a big joint. Could see it hosting the 500 when sandown bites the dust
    Anthonyb and Noremac like this.
  18. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Have you got replay of that mate, would love to see that lap from an external viewpoint, it was pretty intense.

My moment was getting taily out of T2, and I thought oh heck it's gonna loop around, but it gripped at the last moment and i went back on throttle, but then I was in a tank slapper and was on-off-on-off the throttle it wouldn't settle down, i was WAY off the track at this point on the inside of T3 and I thought for sure you & Jim were going to blast past me on the straight. I was shocked when the gap went out to 5 seconds, I didn't feel or hear any contact so kept going.

Congrats to the podium, that round was harder than it looked!! LOL
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. Anthonyb

I did save the replay but someone will need to give me some guidance on how to get it on here.
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    use PS Share to record the clip when replaying the replay then sharefactory to upload to YooToob