PCARS-2 RTEC 2018 - Damper Calculator Service

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Aug 29, 2018.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

In an effort to help out others in this series, particularly those who have limited time to work on car setups for for each race, I am offering to run anyone's suspension setup through the setup calculator I have been using in order to get the optimum damper settings.

I have found that the default damper settings are far from ideal in pretty much all cars I have tested. Using the calculator to find the ideal settings has made a big difference to car stability and grip, with faster lap times as a result.

If you want to see if this helps you, all I need is the following details for your car/setup and I can give back what should be ideal damper settings based on the calculator.
    • Which Car: (exact make/model from the game)
    • Spring Rate Settings: (all four wheels)
    • Weight Bias Setting:
    • For LMP2s, if your 3rd spring settings are not at default, I may also need these in order to get the ideal setting.
  2. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    What’s your formula Benny, or is it a secret?
  3. its-benny-racer

No secrets, I use a spreadsheet that is available online that someone created. It takes a bit of reading and effort to work out exactly how to use it. As I have already worked it out, I am offering to help others make use of it.
    Duncs_48 likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Any chance of a link so I can have a read myself, always keen on learning more about setups.
  5. its-benny-racer

6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr