Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Will there be a prac room open tomorrow night?
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There will definitely be one on Wednesday, full distance opening 8pm starting 8:30
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ah bugger I’m not gonna be home till late that night. If it’s a decent hour I’ll send out invites but if not might have to run on Thursday.
  4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Any updates for tonight ?
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Full distance run tonight. Lobby up at 8pm. Looking to start around 8:30ish. Will invite all I see online.
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    In for tonights race regardless of my pace which as of last week was back of Division 4... but we will have a crack. I am available for a team to pick me up which would help me with strategy....
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good racing tonight all and congrats to the top three. it really is anyones race with the paces shown tonight and its going to be interesting how this season unfolds.

For me though not one to make excuses as I binned it twice on my own accord anyways so happy with forth but I'm sure I was victim of a lagged livetrack feed or whatever you want to call it tonight,

Race starts, I start off poorly but manage to secure second going into the first corner but then I couldn't help but notice a car looking like it hit the NOS button and faster than everyone else on the track go straight into my rear end which I can only bring down to lag? but all good - back of the pack hoping to fight my way up however the next 5 laps felt like driving on ice so I pitted and then had my my new tyres with completely the wrong pressures in what was saved on the pit strategy and as a result were over inflated and took forever for me to feel confident with the car.

After everyone pitted I was surprised I had a chance at second but that didn't last long as I soon binned it and from that point on was just hoping Seowster didn't get too close :)

Most importantly I hope we can get a better showing next round ! its too easy to feel lonely once you fall behind the last couple of rounds
  10. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Good Racing, got a little bit long and boring I must admit, with flat out straights and high speed corners for the most of it. Was actually hoping this to be the full 10km course with the oval initially. Imagine this with a high powered prototype, could have been awesome!
    Managed a perfect launch, and stayed up front, until I was overtaken before the second to last turn. Sitting in 2nd coming up to parabolica, 3rd place wizzes past me and puts me back a spot. Unfortunately, they came in too hot and took themselves and 1st place out, clearing the road for me. Sat in 1st for the rest of it! I'll take the win as I probably won't get another this season!! Slipstream effect seems massive on these cars at high speed, hence why my best lap time was almost a second slower than some others.
    Pitted in on lap 20-ish, and that let me drive the last 9 laps at 10/10ths without worrying about tyre conservation. Put in 5 laps of fuel while I was there as I feared I may run low, but would have been ok without it. Would have been great to come across another car in the 47 minutes of racing though!
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  11. Schumi03

Schumi03 Rookie

PSN ID
    TROOPA_357
    Yeh I lost time at the start trying to avoid a flipping car, not sure what happened. i was trying too hard to make up lost time and spun. i was about 40sec behind on lap 7 and wasn't going to really make any time up or spots so I retired.
    seowster, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  12. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    Hi guys. Sorry that I couldn't make it, I have been hit with a PSN bug that stops me from receiving notifications. Thanks for waiting for me though.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    So despite a full system reformat the issue still persists. As such I have now setup another account called 'Redhead2Undead' for online racing. If my original account still doesnt work I will be using that one instead. Cya all on the track.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Full distance run tonight. Lobby opening at 8pm for an 8:30 start. Sent me a psn message if you want an invite.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  16. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Bit of a so so round for me, really surprised on the time I set in Quali as with the half hr practice on Wed followed by an hr before the race I was so struggling.

Race starts, I'm off the pace immediately and I struggled for rhythm, spun out, then spun out again andw ith my tyre pressures hovering around 2.10 it was impossible to push. even trying to pass is something I could never do with confidence, car just felt like it was on ice I think I must spun out 10 times lol!.

Second race, I had to 'reset' started off ok managed to have like a 5 sec lead to the leaders, and then sure enough, lost my rhythm again which lead to me spinning AGAIN. I was like :):):):) sakes, I was now forth and was expecting a good battle with seowster til he unfortunately lost it on the first hairpin and now I was in no mans land with a big gap to second and 3rd and I was just starting to settle on that until the front 2 musta touched and were on the grass at the start of the front straight, from there on it was just keeping it on the black stuff until the flag.
    stucar17, Anthonyb and seowster like this.
  17. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Wow. What a race!

Ridiculously great racing from all involved tonight. No words can describe how close the battles were all night long. Great stuff guys. Looking forward to next week. The division is so close. :thumbsup:

Full race replay from my onboard view.

18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    And if that wasn’t enough, here’s mine...

Non stop action right from the start. Backed out of getting squeezed off the start, and slowly worked my way up the field. Especially proud of my overtake cf 3 cars on the back straight. Internal fist pump because there was no time for a free hand. @Ranlod got absolutely launched and watching the replay another 3 cars got tangled up in that one. Had an awesome battle for the lead with @fatmix68 until our coming together lap 12. Decided to get my pit stop out of the way while I was slow in the final section. A bit of a battle with @kayne greenwood then just a lap and a half rest before @Jim_aka_The_Man came out just ahead and then it was back into it. We seemed to have the track to ourselves for ages and another great battle ensued. Then all of a sudden it seemed @seowster came out of nowhere and was right on our tails. I felt like I chopped the final chicane a little too much with a couple laps to go so backed off and let Jim through ( looking at the replay I think I was just barely inside the limits but oh well ) and with 2 laps to go it was on. I planned to stay behind for the final lap and slipstream Jim on the back straight as I’d done many times before but when the final lap came I didn’t have the advantage I’d had before. It came up to a good run coming into the final chicane, but decided against a divebomb which could have cost us both a podium.

Brilliant racing from everyone.
  19. Schumi03

Schumi03 Rookie

PSN ID
    TROOPA_357
    Well Done to the Podium, looking at the replay it looked crazy.
    Jim_aka_The_Man what setup did you go with looks like your ration was much longer then mine?...btw i was behind you when you missed the pits. i thought i would follow the race leader up with a new race line you created until i realized you were pitting . funny stuff. I was behind the leading group at the start and i think lap 5 i ended up going head on with whoever was in the black and green car. all i saw was a smoke i didn't even see you. thanks all for the night.
    seowster, Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  20. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Hahaha, yeah totally stuffed that pit entry up and had to go around again on dead tyres. Cost me enough time to throw me straight back into the fight when I exited.

I used the stable setup this week, it feels a lot different to the loose setup, the track may dictate what is best each week tho.
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.