Season V - F1 2019 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'Formula 1 PS4 Sunday Night League' started by JonoStan96, Jun 30, 2019.

?

Should we have a Retro Round for Round 4 utilising a Classic Car?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2019.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I wanted at least try some practice for this, but then I realised I don't have the game. Best I could do is a tribute lap in what I have...

Gave it a tiny bit too much throttle at the end.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    OP updated with time of day settings.

Here’s my livery for the season:
    [​IMG]
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    How long did it take you face your fears and step away from traction control?
  4. Harry

Harry New Recruit

PSN ID
    HarryRyan19
    So will we be running the 2019 cars or the multiplayer cars?
  5. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Think so
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  7. Harry

Harry New Recruit

PSN ID
    HarryRyan19
    Just found out that there is stacking with multiplayer cars.

8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    We didn't experience it at MnG
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    GG Codies, 3rd game with classic cars and still haven’t bothered to address this lmfao. Lazy pricks.

It is an issue however Jeff does warn you if your ‘teammate’ is in the pits. As long as people stick to their intended strategies it should be all good. Of course, anyone seen to be deliberately pitting to screw someone else over will be dealt with accordingly. If all goes well we’ll stick with it, if not we’ll switch to 2019 cars.
    Harry likes this.
  10. DeputyDylDog

DeputyDylDog New Recruit

I'd be interested in participating if there is room available.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Round 1 - Brazilian Grand Prix - 36 Laps
    Previous Winner: @razor4797
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line. Please stick to your given strategy (in a dry race) to avoid accidently double stacking with your teammate.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has been far too frequent in the past, affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.

Cool mate, @Hatfield could you please fix up my How To Qualify thread with the new video please.

@DeputyDylDog send me a friend request and I’ll fix you up when I get home from
    work, what is your car number?

Remember guys, if you have not entered the in game league, you CANNOT join the lobby. We will not be restarting if you have not joinedthe league by 8:00 tonight. Either accept my invite or use the code in the OP.
    Russell and fezza like this.
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    how do we know who our teammates are when racing with multiplayer cars? is it set randomly per race?
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how to qualify has been updated
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It’s random, a yellow icon should appear on the mini map indicating teammate.
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I have done zero practice and still haven't joined the league and I am still not home lol
    But I am going to try and make it tonight.
    I dare say my practice will be qualifying for me
  16. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Don't worry real men don't practice anyway ;) sounds like we'll have a good turnout tonight
    Russell likes this.
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Sometimes I forget to practice
    Russell likes this.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    When does the league room open? 8.20?