GT Sport Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

That first turn at monza was taken to perfection my friend! :laugh::laugh: I actually lol’d
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I told you rode it hard
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Man, speeded up those cars sound like the F1 cars of old. :rolleyes:
    Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Close your eyes and you don't have to look at a goofy beetle too :laugh:
    Tristan Jones and Kephin_07 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Don't worry Jono, it's still better looking than that volkwagon vision gt3 monstrosity
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Qually

[​IMG]
    Race results
    [​IMG]
    Lap Times
    [​IMG]
    Luurox DSC on lap 2. 13th
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What an eventful race!
    Qualified 2nd last but I had trouble throughout the session trying to find my groove. A practice session during the week saw me get a personal best in the mid high 52s. Here at quali i failed miserably and i think i had to settle with a low 53.

Grid start. Started cautiously and without incident but maybe too cautiously as i lost a place in the first set of corners.
    Then made a slight mistake coming onto the back straight and went a little wide and lost all my momentum as luurox was lagging all over the place. Was quite hard behind him trying to stay focused. This meant I already started to lose touch of the pack by a good few seconds. Not an ideal start at all now. But it was a good focus adjustor as i set my sights firmly on catching the cars in front of me. Bluemoon? Had an incident with Lux i think (my memory isn't great) into the downhill hairpin. Up two places but my focus was still to catch the battling pack ahead of me. Lux shortly disconnected as it definitely looked like he was having connection issues.

Finally started to find my groove and lap by lap i started to catch whiz and nitro. All the while bluemoon was catching myself. I think by lap 6 or 7 I caght them but bluemoon had just latched onto me also. I and bluemoon had a great run onto pit straight. We went 3 wide into the first corner with i think whiz? (Again my memory is rusty lol). I was the tasty meat in the sandwich and I came out the worst behind everyone as i had to try and stay neat and tidy between two cars in that tight sector. Well done to all there. Very clean.

This started the epic battle between myself nitro and whiz. Probably to the delight of Bluemoon who happily pulled away from the close fought battle. I made a pretty lame attempt at a pass on whiz into the 4th corner. I thought i could squeeze my nose into the apex as everyone goes pretty wide early there. But kinda didn't get far enough ahead and whiz turned into me. I pushed him wide a bit. He was ok. I lost a position to Nitro. So karma all sorted out. For the next 6-7 laps we all sea sawed back and forth trying to get the upper hand as we were all better and worse in different parts of the track. My sector 1 was pretty strong but my sector 3 constantly let me down. Nitro had his wide load signage on. I could not find a way around. He defended like a champion. Whiz would have had a great laugh at all my failed attempts at getting passed nitro.

Again my memory isn't great but i think by lap 13/14 I had finally found a way through but Nitro was all over me back, and I knew come the pitstops i just may create a gap for breathing space between us as I had sneakily fuel saved on the straights if i knew i didn't have the legs for a lunge into the hairpin.

I think it was at lap 14/15 that Whiz got a great run onto the pit straight to take the inside of the hairpin to overtake Nitro. But I was already hitting the apex just in front of them. Whiz had nowhere to go and absolutely murdered me. Thus came the end of the amazing battle we were all having. Whiz thankfully waited for me while i figured out which way was up. I just managed to get going in front of emmo who just emerged from the pits and was probably hoping we wouldn't hold him up too much.

emmo got past me after a miner mistake from me in the final set of corners. But it was pitstop time at the end of lap 15. 10 laps to go and i was a solid 10-15 seconds behind nitro. Pretty sure i wasn't going to surmount that task. But i pushed on anyways to try to break free of whiz. My fuel strat at least looked liked it worked as i think i pulled 2 seconds on whiz from pits. Free air is a marvelous thing. I was able to put in some decent times for myself and slowly catch the guys in front. But it wasn't going to be enough.

But i think it was on lap 20/21 Nitro made a mistake into the first corner. This put me right on his bumper coming out of the 2nd corner. Racing is back on the menu boys!

The next 5 laps was utter class from nitro and a lot of sweat from myself. I think i tried almost every trick in the book to get around him. He just wouldn't give up his spot. Even when i had a superior inside line on him, he'd just hang it around the outside and hold me off. I tried going around the outside of him. He'd hold me off. I tried outbreaking. I tried the ol switcheroo. Nada. He just held it.
    Then finally by the end of lap 24 i got the better run onto the pit straight. Chucked my car on the inside. I had to make this stick. Broke at the threshold. Pulled it in and nitro slotted in behind me. He almost got me coming out of the 2nd corner though as i kept it tight as i thought he might have a go on my inside but he went to go wide back around me instead but i think he touched the grass and lost a bit of traction and a bit of time. That was enough for me to put my head down and hit my lines. I knew he would catch me on the back straight if i did the slightest mistake. I nailed my lines and breaking points though for the rest of the lap and came home strong with a pb lap of a mid 52.

Well done nitro on making me work the hardest I've ever fought for a 10th.

Well done to the podium. You guys had some absolutely blistering pace. Also a big up to moozer my team mate. Great race and I'm happy i recommended you to risky for our joker pick! Go BHR!
    Pubs16, Buster_Danis, Apex_64 and 9 others like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a very enjoyable race last night, managed an almost PB to nab 4th on the grid which was a surprise. Got away from the grid OK and then had team mate Holdenman on my tail and I put up no resistance to his pass as I knew he had better overall pace than me. I think I lost a couple more places over the early few laps and settled in just behind a torrid battle for third. I was gradually slipping back from them a bit but holding the gap behind steady. About lap 6 or so I started to close on those ahead but then had a big oversteery moment out of turn two and lost about 4 seconds. I almost lost a position and for a worrying few laps had a hoard of cars in my mirror, one slip and I would have lost about 4 positions. After all the stops were done I had lost a position to Ozimo but was able to reel him back in for a very intense battle. unfortunately our jostling for position slowed us down and x3 was able to round us both up. I did manage to get past ozi eventually to come home 6th which I was very pleased with in this company.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  10. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    First of all it was great to see so many people turn up for round 1, particularly knowing there were a few that were always going to miss the first round or two. Absolutely stoked to get a win after so many second-place finishes last season. The first 6 laps apex was behind by more or less 1 second while I was trying hard to break the tow. From there until lap 15 when we both pitted it there was less than 3 seconds between us and it was all about not making any mistakes. Knowing apex was right there made it super stressful and although there was no wheel-to-wheel racing it was still very intense.
    Respect to apex on one of the early laps when you had a run on me down to the back hairpin and rather than take a dive you pulled in and we both got on with it. Congrats to the podium, and looking forward to what I am sure will be a tough season with many round winners.
    Pubs16, Buster_Danis, Apex_64 and 6 others like this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You helped suck me away from the pack, so I wasn't going to risk our early beak on the pack. Especially as I owed it to you for me acquiring that gap. From there you were just a bit too quick, I had a gap to 3rd, so I hung on hoping for an error from you which never came. After pitting I was no threat to you as the car felt like a mack truck and wouldn't turn, you just pulled away into the distance. A great, fast, clean consistent drive Moozer :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  12. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Giggidy
    emmo46, Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think I'm going to enjoy div 2 even more now, when is it my turn?
    Buster_Danis, Hatfield and Noxrai like this.
  14. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Well if we all get in line we can all get sucked at the same time
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Human Sucktipede?
    Buster_Danis and Noxrai like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't smoke but I think I need a ciggie now.
    Buster_Danis, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

:eek::eek::eek: I have to watch my phrasing. :eek::eek::eek:
    I can see this misunderstanding has caused far too much enthusiasm and I apologize to Moozer for possibly bringing your name into disrepute and any unwanted propositions. :oops:
    Lucky I didn't say it is gr8 to be back, and I really enjoyed the race :laugh:
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop - 24 laps - 18:00 - 4/8 (1st Twilight Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    As this is a street circuit, the only thing beyond the track limit, is the wall!... with one exception, being the final T12 hairpin. If you brake too deep, and run wide, please be aware of cars behind passing you on the inside to avoid contact on exit of the corner. If you turn in too early, the Barrells on the inside of the corner are HEAVY. Please avoid them at all costs. If you knock them onto the track, they may impede other drivers. Please also try to avoid the ORANGE TRACK BOLLARDS. We don't need a car flying into the air in some freak accident.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. Of course at a track like this, bump drafting is a thing and is acceptable.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Noxrai, Apex_64, holdenman05 and 4 others like this.
  19. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Still can't believe I got third after that battle lasting virtually the whole race. Kudos to @Pubs16 and @TasTim2. Best race ever, clean too
    Apex_64, Pubs16, Jamie and 3 others like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46