GT Sport Season 11 Division 2 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Going to order some Ultra low current draw fans and extensively test during the week.
    I ran it for 25 mins this afternoon but that was obviously 10 mins short of when the control board cuts out!
  2. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Good time to finished 6th but @Motors560 just barely beat by almost blocked me
    CaptainRisky21 and seth123 like this.
  3. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    To get 4th in this room was amazing, against this calibre of drivers in this effectively 1/1b group. I think I gave away a podium position through fuel but extremely happy with 4th
    JonoStan96, Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  4. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Glad to get the dud track out the way. What ended up happening with the grid v rolling vote?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Grid didn’t get enough majority to change the regs
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    *I rigged it so Grid couldn’t win
    CaptainRisky21 and Mustafur like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If I were you, I'd return those sour grapes
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Woolworths and Cole's currently have a no return policy
    Apex_64 and Hatfield like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess we have to eat them then
  10. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Round 1 Results - Dragon Trail Seaside
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    13 - gtkingx - 45:41.974 | +1:08.681
    14 - x-OVLOV-x - 45:58.335 | +1:25.042
    15- natmanscoop - DCS Lap 16
    Timing
    [​IMG]
    gtkingx 1:36.944
    x-OVLOV-x 1:37.770
    natmanscoop 1:38.342
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Pubs16 and Kephin_07 like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So what the hell are we gonna do with the spilt milk ???
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    let the dogs lap it up
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Ill get my big chopper dog to clean it up.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I thought milk was preferred by small blended cats?
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Wow you cant say that
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    My mistake, not sure where the idea came from
    Viperzed likes this.
  18. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Thanks, mate! One less thing for me to do tonight :D

Last night was a lot of fun. I didn't expect pole, and I certainly didn't expect a win! I thought @Pubs16 drove a really smart race to get where he did. In fact it looked like the rest of the top 7 did too.
    Well done to everyone for showing up and sticking it out. There's a lot of pace right through this field and I feel like Monza will throw up some different results.

Thanks to everyone for helping out getting through the quali false start. It made my first night at hosting that little bit easier.
    Bring on the Monza slipstream fest!
  19. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Congratulations to you @Kephin_07! Great pole and a great drive from start to finish. I would say if you hadn’t of made a couple small mistakes over the race I wouldn’t have been so close at the finish.

I was a little disappointed in my qualifying position to be honest, I had gone quicker in practice but P5 was still good considering those around me. It was a great clean start by everyone and the rolling start wasn’t too bad I’ll admit, so thanks to everyone for playing a smart first couple of laps. The first several laps @holdenman05 stuck along with me as we tried to catch back upto @Cameron Neane in P3, @Kephin_07 and @Mustafur had pulled a bit of a gap further up the road. Lap 5 we had gotten there and @Mustafur seemed to had been claimed by the chicane so all of a sudden it was a 4 way battle for P2 with all of us swapping positions for a couple laps.

I made a decision on the fly to put early on lap 7 to get out of it as we were slightly holding each other up though. Took a fair bit of fuel for the first stop to minimise later on and luckily came out in somewhat clean air, just behind Ovlov in P10 who quickly let me by (thank you). @Mustafur pitted next lap and I had popped out back in front of him and the following lap the rest of the leaders did also, and only Kev came back out just in front of me and @Mustafur so we had made up some ground on him.
    The next lot of laps in this stint had @Mustafur and I in a tight battle back and forth and settled in behind him for awhile, until lap 14 he made another small mistake at the chicane and pitted after which allowed me to try and catch back upto Kev as he had pulled away slightly again.
    Kev made the first error lap 15 turn 6 and gave me the lead until I pitted lap 17 for a final fuel. Kev pitted a couple laps later and he popped out just behind me but quickly passed me nicely into turn 12. I was marginal on fuel so decided to stick behind him for a while to try and save and also not put pressure on myself trying to keep him behind lol. I knew if I tried to pass I’d probably bottle it. We were nose to tail the whole time and lap 24 I decided to make a move into T1. Just could not get away with the draft though and I was still trying to save some fuel so @Kephin_07 got me back after glancing the wall out of the chicane giving him a run down the straight and into T1 for the final lap.

I ran out of fuel maybe 100m from the line so don’t think I could’ve held him off if he had not passed anyway lol. Well driven man! Well done to @Cameron Neane for P3. Sorry to see @Mustafur have some troubles dropping off later in the race. Notable mentions to @holdenman05 @Motors560 and @Mightymurph51 for moving up the field a good amount! Was a really enjoyable race and am actually surprised with a P2 considering some big names making what is somewhat a 1b division. Monza will definitely be a different story I think.
    @Kephin_07 great job on hosting man, no hiccups at all and you quickly resolved a pit bug for quali with a fast creation of a new room. Looking forward to round 2 with a couple new challenging driver additions!
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Pubs16 and seth123 like this.