PCARS-2 2020 RACEONOZ TEAMS GTE WORLD SERIES {COMPLETED}

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by nigegunz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    If that race told me anything it was that I'm not very good at enduos. Never the less I had some fun. But I had a bit of a problem, during the race I couldn't change my tyres. I made sure that I had set it for the pit stop, but it wouldn't change them. Is there some setting that is stuffing me up, becuase this same thing happend at Spa. Its pretty annyoing going 2h 10mins on one set of tyres. And for races in the future does anyone know how to keep tyre temps up during the night?
    Luk3yd06 likes this.
  2. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Thanks for being a good sport man just had no where to go
  3. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Even though I left early wamted to thank you boys for a great race if there is one thing awesome about my car its the brakes was able to close some gaps and get some nice overtakes thanks to @Telum and @SOMEONE1_AWESOME for the good battles
    nigegunz likes this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

enduros are a beast Max! tough fookers... your move into the lead on the last restart was brilliant & the following side by side we had approaching Indy1 was a superbly intense moment of "OK, here we go...."
    you did really well to do a double stint, that in itself is a supreme test! that's a real world situation as the teams only have a certain number of sets for the week of the 24hr. ive heard of some teams triple or even quadruple stinting tyres thru the night cause they burnt thru an additional set in quali or they're saving freshies for the back end of the race

are you changing your pit strategy at all on track thru the ICM??
    the other reason may be this: in your pit strategy you must select tyres to change ALL, not recommended, not nothing etc. that's been one off the games glitches from the start
    Luk3yd06 likes this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

we've had 3 very cool races @ Le Mans the past 3 years.... I wonder if we'll go again next year? it would have to be on PCars3 as ACC doesn't have Le Mans
    JJ_Penguin and v8power383 like this.
  6. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Started having micro sleeps after 9ish, spun a few times then thought better of it and just park up. Hope I didn't punt anybody if so sorry bout that. Well done to all who made it to the finish it was a fun race till then.
    JJ_Penguin and v8power383 like this.
  7. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    Yeah after that restart was one of the best moments I've had in my short sim racing career. Super tense all the way to Indy. Sorry about hitting you at the first chicane after the restart. I thought you saw me but thats just racing. I was also suprised at how fast my car was down the straight. I was running 0 and 1 downforce, is that similar to what you guys were running for Le Mans. But for the tyres I doubled, tripled and qudriped checked the pit stop in the ICM menu. I had set a full tank of fuel, hards and fix all damage, so a full service. But it did everything but the tyres. I was really annoyed at that becuase I could of done better than 6th I feel like. But you and V8 were in a league of your own so congratulations to you guys.
    v8power383, nigegunz and Luk3yd06 like this.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

0 n 4 for the GT, got it to 300 with a tow, normally up to 290 before the first chicane
    we'll check your strat in a prac room before Brands mate & sort that splinter out
    v8power383 likes this.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

good point TB, there's two months before the mighty Nurburga race so we could be on for a teams 6hr race, depending on everyone's dreams & desires...
    i could go either way, esp considering my bro has never driven the track & will prob bail on me as a result. i'd expect it to be quite a few peoples dropped round
    v8power383 likes this.
  10. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Saturday night was great fun. the fact we ran so close at the starts was awesome. apart from max having his off there weren't any big accidents. I have never been a fan of Le Mans. Just never clicked for me and I haven't felt comfortable in the Ferrari. But a bit of confidence from sundays and some other racing plus a change in wheel settings did the trick.
    I think I like Le Mans now too! It could just be stockholm syndrome, hostage falls in love with the captor

Well done to V8, Nige and TB on the podium. I was very happy to see V8 win that. Looking forward to Brands Hatch!
    v8power383 likes this.
  11. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    That was the first time that my car actually felt on point and also was the first time I was able to make up a solid amount of positions over my race
    v8power383 likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i'm trying to work out in which order the boys left the room on Sat nite for the points, can you guys help me out pweeease
  13. JJ_Penguin

check PS msg
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

cheers JJ
  15. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    I have no clue when I did
  16. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    I dropped out I think the last i looked at the clock with about 45min left to go. Fell asleep in my rig and the missus put me to bed and turned the rig off for me lol. Awsome race again
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  17. JJ_Penguin

I'm picturing your missus carrying you to bed like my dad use to do to me when i was 4 and I'd fallen asleep in the car lol
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Luk3yd06 like this.
  18. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz

Just had a look at the PS messages and I thought I finished 6th not 7th? Becuase I was in 5th with 5mins left and had a spin then finished 6th behind blue
  19. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Made my day mate
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hey boys! sorry it's taken me a few days to get to the results..

the 2 race results, one from the in game & the other from Penguins timing (both are in the PS chat)
    Bounty has kindly removed himself from the results (even tho I hope we get him on the grid again this season!)
    the discrepancies are between Penguin & Max for p5/6 & Awesome & Benny for p7/8

as far as I can tell, Penguin finishes p5 after Max's troubles which is what Max agrees with if I'm reading it right

the ingame result has Awesome ahead of Benny (is that because Benny retired from the race & was designated a DNF?), but Penguin's timing has it the other way round, Benny p7 8laps down & then Awesome p8 19laps down

if anyone knows anything else about this, don't keep it under your sky rocket & let us know!
    if not, results will be this:

Pole & Win: V8
    FL & p2: nige
    p3: TB
    p4: Blue
    p5: Penguin
    p6: Max (JakeMcSkillz)
    p7: Awesome
    p8: Benny
    p9: Woz (FamiliaGTR)
    p10: Luke (Suhdudes)
    p11: Brett