ACC Spa 2.4hr (144 minutes) Monday Season 2 rnd 12

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 2, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]

Rnd 12 of the season will be June 8th for the Blancpain Signature Endurance race also combined with ICGT, a 2.4hr race (144 minutes) in the same format as the real Blancpain Endurance rounds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will have a 65 minute max stint time(70 minutes in rules to ensure you can stop with 65 minutes remaining and not get a penalty) there will be a 15 minute qualifying session prior to the race, Practice is a bit shorter to allow for the earlier race start. You cant run any longer then 65 minutes in a stint but also need to stop to add fuel at least twice due to the stint limits. Fuel will be forced time so 25 seconds for any amount of fuel added, tyre changes are not mandatory.
    Time scale will be 10x (all sessions) this will simulate the real 24hour time cycle race start and finish at 4pm, session times will be as below.
    • Free Practice 30 minutes: 7:45pm AEST (in game Friday 4pm)
    • Qualifying 15 minutes: 8:15pm AEST (in game Saturday 7pm)
    • Race 144 minutes: 8:30pm AEST (in game Sunday 4pm)
    RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.

ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max. Do not pass anyone on the pace lap, you are meant to maintain position and not ghost into any cars.

Yanet's Weather Forecast:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its conservative with a small chance of light rain..

Below is the server dynamic weather setup, a bit more likely to rain then the last couple of weeks but most likely only light rain if the server behaves as it should. We ran this Wednesday and it stayed dry all sessions and all the Hungaroring Rooz race servers are using the same weather settings.
    [​IMG]

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.

Custom Skins
    Custom skins are allowed to be used from this round on, you can either use a skin from the skin pack in this thread, or make your own skin and post a link to download the skin in the custom skins thread. A skin pack will be made for all custom made by 6:30pm on a race night make sure you post a link to your skin prior to that if its not already available in one of our skin packs.

Everyone should download the skin packs to ensure they see everyone's skins, otherwise you will likely see lots of plain black skins.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/custom-skins-and-season-skin-pack.4094/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Just confirming the 65 minute driver stint maximum is correct, so 2 stops for everyone?
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There will be 2 mandatory fuel stops so everyone needs to do at least 2 stops. 65 minutes is the stint limit but will be set at 70 in server due to the final stint issue with how its implemented and race over time can give a penalty.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and TakFR like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@Egor Tsakhoev & @Denis Strelnikov will be a team for this race, The car will be the Lexus as that's what Denis had his first race in and Egor hasn't raced yet.

You are entered as a team in server 1 full practice, you can test if the driver swap is working there and all in the practice server are entered as an admin so you can use admin commands to skip or restart sessions.
    Egor Tsakhoev likes this.
  5. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

Thanks/
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Guys looks like I wont be home in time for the race, @Rolz will get the server up and running at 7.45pm aest. Have a good race all.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

:cry:
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

ah man that's no good :(
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

That's a bummer. Caught on holiday traffic?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Nope traffic is ok but just flat out at work atm, very busy helping restaurants shut down atm thanks this to the stupid shutdowns.
  11. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I'm done with this season I think, real sick of cars ****ty understeer into snap oversteering issues. Even when taking into account with setup it still kills me so i'm done
  12. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

I feel your pain with ACC, Feel the same way sometimes..

Anyway tonight was not confident but managed to get up to 16th from starting 25th and hold it (obviously with others having issues) then 40-50 min in I accidentally hit my rear mirror button on a straight when I came back to main view the car had veered off tried to catch it then destroyed the car so decided to call in a night....

Flukey
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

No joke, that was my worst performance in the last 10 years, I reckon. I think I pitted about 5 times for repairs, and also had a S&G for speeding in pits. I am just not "getting" ACC. I do alright in AC, heck I even win races sometimes. But ACC has got me beat. The car just felt... horrible. No grip, sliding everywhere, unpredictable cornering. I can't drive it with any confidence or precision.

Bring on the GT4s. I reckon I'll enjoy them a lot more, with less aero sensitivity and less precision needed.
    tezpez85 and TakFR like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry I missed the race but results are up in first post and season standings are updated.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

FYI anyone checking the ladder please wait ~10 mins for the server to roll over the update
  16. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Undercut giveth and taken away for me.
    Started off well and followed @nanlatt For the 1st stint.
    Pulled a massive undercut and managed to get to P5, tried it again but the rain widget appeared as I was leaving the pits.
    Aston ran really well in the wet, swapped to drys and made a few last minute overtakes on guys still running wets.
    Hell of a race, my arms and legs are dead!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  17. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Got sent to pit from the grid for some reason which put me a lap down, didn't realise until I caught up with the pack and made a pass, was getting blue flags so quit. Much rather the shorter races anyways...oh well...
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Q - awful run of invalidated/ aborted laps, ended qualifying quite far back in the field.

R - Driving very gently at the start to avoid any incidents, lost 2 places by the time we got to no name. With a bit of clear air I started to claw back some time, over taking 1-2 cars and catching a group of 3 at the bus stop. Following them into la source closely...someone in front spun and chaos ensued. I ended up facing the wrong way with 20 seconds of damage and waited for a bunch of cars to pass before it was safe to turn around and pick up again in P25. Car didn’t feel Toooo bad, but was down a little on top speed and eau rouge was not possible flat out (lost some aero I think) but decided to keep going for the stint as I was able to post 2:20’s ok and that seemed enough to catch the group in front. Got on with that and caught up, made my way up to P14 I think by the time people started pitting. After my pit and repairs I got and back to the task. Held position for a long time but was being very gentle with my tyres, so as we approached the end of stint 2 I was making up a lot of time as others tyres may have been a bit more worn...just as the rain began. Held on for two laps on slicks and then went in for wets and fuel, coming back out in something like P11 I think and having made up quite a bit of time.

then it was just try and hang-in there - many drivers ahead and behind had incidents, spins etc as did I but somehow I ended up 8th - the last 8-10 laps I had almost no stopping power at all, not sure what was going on but my tyres were 37PSI and I think my setup was also very low to the ground and awful for rain - when I hit the brakes the car would just go on straight forever, and if I input any steering this would adds 10’s of metres to my braking distance...can’t believe I got such a good result with that going on!

eventful and awesome race - well done to all class podium getters!!!! And to all finishers! Beast of a race!

edit: I typed this on my iPhone late at night and apparently that is not a good way to do speeelings
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    krunch, Jeremy Talbot and tezpez85 like this.
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

GT4's? Is there a new expansion coming?
    Edit: nevermind, just looked it up. Awesomesauce!
  20. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I had literally 30 minutes of practise for this on Monday afternoon as I had to practise for and race in a 24hr race over the weekend (drove for 8 of those 24 hrs) so all I was hoping for was some points. The fact I was able to bring home 6th was far more than I expected or even had the pace for. I was more than fortunate to be on the good side of others having incidents. My pressures and temps on the wets were way out as the track started to dry and as I was in a bit of no mans land I though I'd pit for slicks to make sure I didn't get a puncture. Fortunately I just managed to get ahead of Kcender and keep the gap over the line.

A tough race to keep my eyes open for after the weekend, I feel even worse now :roflmao:
    tezpez85 and marty like this.