PS4 ACC Driver Briefing

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Sep 9, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi All
    Welcome to Season 1 of the PS4 ACC League. It is great to see so many numbers for the initial season. I for one have been chomping at the bit to get stuck into league races. This game is a challenge but very rewarding!

For the new Members please take a moment to read through the FULL Raceonoz Regulations

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

For everyone have a read of the tips/tricks/fixes for pertinent information regarding entering the server, race starts and pitstops.
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/acc-tips-tricks-fixes.4198/

Please read through the following information. Individual track briefings will be short & sweet. Get excited for Season 1!!!

Track Limits
    In most instances by following Raceonoz track limits, you will have little issue with the In-game track limits. In Qualifying, a lap will be invalidated for track limit breached. In races, 3 warnings will be given before a Drive Through penalty. If you cut a chicane you will be given a Drive Through by In-game penalty, however, if you slow down and don’t gain an advantage, a penalty can be avoided.

Contact and Redressing
    ACC is unforgiving and contact will result in an accident. The usual Rubbin’-is-Racin’ doesn’t apply for ACC. Contact should be avoided at all costs. If you knock another driver off track, don’t drive past them if you have caused the contact. Give the spot back, and then continue your race. The 2 most common mistakes in contact are rear end contact where you 'punt' someone off, or if you get in too hot, and make contact on the side as they take their normal line.

Protests and Stewards
    If something happens in the race that you feel is unfair or rough driving that affects you or is against the spirit of the league, please save your replay and let us know through the stewards group. Don’t crack the :):):):)s and blow up. The reason for the stewards group is to apply penalties in cases where drivers have done the wrong thing.

For ACC we have Stu, Rolz and Hatfield as the Stewards Group. I will act as a post box only. If you wish to submit a protest send me a PM and I will forward to the Stewards Group then post the outcome to the forum. It is up to you to record the replay and highlights to provide evidence for a protest.

Disconnections
    In the event of a Server dropout, the server will be restarted with the following procedure:
    • Server Captain (JJ_Penguin & TBA) will setup the server to have 5min prac & Race with remaining time + 3mins
      5min practice is to give people time to re-enter the server. LEAVING PITLANE IS PROHIBITED.
    • The race will start as usual, the extra 3 mins will allow for drivers to form up and perform a rolling start as per Sunday Night League rules.
    • If an individual disconnects from the Server during Qualifying, you will be able to re-enter. You will NOT be able to enter the server Once the race starts.
    Race Details & Weather
    The race times and weather will be kept standard for all events in Season 1. This is to simplify track conditions while everyone gets used to League racing in ACC. Season 2 will have random weather, varying race times & time multipliers.

Standard Race Events:
    Prac 30 min (In-game Saturday 1pm)
    Quali 10 min(In-game Saturday 2pm)
    Race 30 min (In-game Saturday 3pm)
    Quali 10 min (In-game Sunday 2pm)
    Race 30 min (In-game Sunday 3pm)

Time Multiplier x2

Weather Settings
    Rain Level: 0
    Cloudlevel: 2
    Temp : Ambient - 24 Track - 28
    Randomness: 1 - Fairly Realistic Weather

Pitstops
    Mandatory Pitstop: 1
    Pit Window: 25min
    Race refuelling: Yes
    Mandatory Tyre: Yes
    Mandatory Fuel: No

Damage
    Damage cannot be turned off so we are stuck with this. Be mindful that even slight contact and damage will impact car performance. Car to Car contact is to be avoided at all costs.

If you are struggling, there are plenty of people willing to help and there are plenty of resources around to assist with car setups. I look forward to seeing you out on track. Enjoy!

Cheers
    Penguin (")>
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    PaulCox, Hatfield and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. JJ_Penguin

Season 1 - Round 1 - Nurburgring - Friday 11/09/20
    [​IMG]
    THIS HAS COME AROUND FAST AND I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS!!!

Server will open at 7:30pm AEST

Server 1 - Rooz ACC Server 1 - Password: Rooz - Captain: JJ_Penguin
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC Server 2 - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

Please be in the Server prior to the end of qualifying at Approximately 8:10pm AEST

Turn 1 Lap 1
    Beware of the entry of turn 1 at race start. With the rolling start we will be getting to braking zone of turn 1 at near to normal race speed. Remember to brake early, watch what is happening up the road and give space. Races can’t be one at turn 1 lap 1 but can definitely be ruined especially with damage on.

Pitstop Entry
    It is easy to overshoot the entry to pitlane and either hit the guard rail or shoot across the last turn apex. Make sure you slow enough to make the pitlane turn. Ensure you slow to 50 and are in 1st gear when you hit the lane and press the limiter. (don’t be distracted by the 50km sign floating 2m off the ground)

Track Limits
    There are a couple of spots that might catch you out for track limits. Watch the exit of Mercedes Arena (Turn 4 right hander), the outside of Michelin-Curve and the sand on the outside of Schumacher S.

There is a lot of information being the first round but please take a moment to read through it. If you think I have missed anything please let me know.
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Your right about contact. Rear end smash first corner lap 1 and my car couldn’t even turn. Retired 3 laps Later. Was un drivable.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  4. JJ_Penguin

Season 1 - Round 1 - Circuit de Catalunya - Friday 18/09/20
    [​IMG]
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC Server 2 - Password: Rooz - Captain: GAZ

Please be in the Server prior to the end of qualifying at Approximately 8:10pm AEST

The racing last week was awesome and I'm glad everyone had a good night. The most important take away from last week is that the smallest mistake has big consequences and the slightest of touches between cars caused performance impacting damage. Care needs to be taken to ensure contact is avoided.

Turn 1 Lap 1
    Beware of the entry of turn 1 at race start. With the rolling start we will be getting to braking zone of turn 1 at near to normal race speed. Remember to brake early, watch what is happening up the road and give space. Races can’t be won at turn 1 lap 1 but can definitely be ruined especially with damage on.

Pitstops
    Check that you have selected a fresh set of tyres before the session begins, especially if you a loading a setup. make sure that a fresh set is also selected for pitstop.

Track Limits
    There are a couple of spots that might catch you out for track limits. Exit of Renault (Turn 3), exit of Wurth (Turn 6/7), Exit of La Caixa (Hairpin) and the exit of the Chicane RACC.

Party Chat
    Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

Hope you enjoy the race and good luck!
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
  5. JJ_Penguin

Season 1 - Round 3 - Monza - Friday 25/09/20
    [​IMG]
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC Server 2 - Password: Rooz - Captain: GAZ

One hell of a round last week and apologies for the servers going down. Hopefully that has been fixed going forward. I will post a disconnection policy later on.

Turn 1 Lap 1.... & every preceding turn and lap!
    Monza......sigh! It is what it is.....a haven for lap 1 turn 1 incidents and nose to tail contact. Pay attention to the entry to the chicanes. We don't want to have races ruined with cars being spear up the backside. Extra care needs to be take on lap 1. We all know what Monza is like!

Pitstops
    Check that you have selected a fresh set of tyres before the session begins, especially if you a loading a setup. Make sure that a fresh set is also selected for pitstop.

Track Limits
    If you outbreak yourself and run straight through a chicane, slow down and wait. You will get a track limits warning or worse, a drive through. A couple of spots to be wary of is the Turn 1 chicance, 2nd Chicane, exit of 2nd Di Lesmo, exit of Ascari and the outside of the Parabolica.

Party Chat
    Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

Good luck everyone, I am away this week and Gaz will look after the servers.
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
  6. JJ_Penguin

Season 1 Round 4 - Laguna Seca - Friday 02/10/20
    [​IMG]

Server 2 - Rooz ACC Server 2 - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

THE LAST ROUND! Thank you to everyone that has contributed to our first season in ACC. Onto bigger things after this!

Turn 1/2 Lap 1
    Care is needing heading over the crest and down to Turn 1 & 2. You will need to brake earlier and be slower than expected to get around turn 2. It very easy to lockup, understeer and miss the apex.

Pitstops
    Check that you have selected a fresh set of tyres before the session begins, especially if you are loading a setup. Make sure that a fresh set is also selected for your pitstop.

Pit Exit
    For this circuit the requirement is to follow pit exit the whole way through to beyond the exit of turn 1. Do not cut pit exit and head straight to turn 2. Beware of of the tight left turn at the end of pit lane.

Track Limits
    Laguna Seca is self policing for track limits at most corners. eg run wide ad you're in the dirt. A couple of spot to be careful is the T6, The Corkscrew and the exit of the last turn. Just about every corner has a high sausagee kerb. STAY OFF THE KERBS!

Party Chat

Thank you for turning out this season and good luck for the last round!
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
    Russell, FoulMinion and Xtr3meNZer like this.