ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] News and Upcoming Events!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Sep 19, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hi everyone,

Season 3 of the main Monday league and season 5 of the Wednesday sprint league have now finished - we hope those of you who could get involved really enjoyed racing in both seasons. It was great to see some awesome battles, clean driving and have a good chat after the races. Again congrats to the winners of each league season (@Flamebadger for the Monday season and @Cooper for the Wednesday season) and also to all those AM and SILVER drivers who have made some incredible improvements in the last couple months. There will definitely be some class promotions before the next season begins.

Special Events (Fun runs)
    Speaking of which, we are now going to take a two week break from all ACC league racing while preparations are made for the next Monday night league season. During the two week break, we will run a special event each Monday night, as follows:

Update
    We will try and open these events up to the public but with min. SA of 80 (hopefully attract some new drivers). If you you do not have 80 SA, you need to be on the whitelist to join the server. If you have competed in Monday leagues in the past, you will already be on the whitelist. If you have not, please put you steam GUID, first and last names, three letter abbreviation and preferred car number in a post in this thread.
    • Monday 21st September
      • 1.2 Hours of Silverstone (72 minutes)
      • 10x time multiplier to simulate a 12 hour endurance race
      • 1 mandatory pit where you must changes tyres
      • Fuel optional, fueling time is not fixed (1L takes less time than 10L)
      • This will be our first multi-class race!
      • Enter in any GT3 or GT4 car you like
      • Practice from 8:00 pm, Qualy from 8:45 pm, Race from 9:00 pm
      • No sign-up required!
    • Monday 28th September
      • 2 x 30 minutes of Brands Hatch
      • No pit stops, just race!
      • Multi-class GT3/GT4
      • Practice from 8:00 pm, Qualy and races from 8:45 pm until done
      • No sign-up required!

Upcoming League Seasons

The next league season will be Season 4 of the Main Monday night league. This will be a multi-class event (depending on final sign-up numbers) and go for ten rounds, with a one week mid-season break (during which there will be another special event).

We will rest the Wednesday sprint league format for a moment and instead increase the focus on the Monday league. While we do this we will use Wednesdays as an informal practice night for the following Monday league round. There will be servers set up all week running the same track and conditions as the upcoming league round, but we encourage everyone to get together for some fun and practice on a Wednesday night if you can.

Sign-up for Monday League season 4 will commence on or about the 21st of September so keep an eye out for it and make sure you don't miss out! Season 4, Round 1 will likely kick off on October 5th - more details to follow!

The Admin Team
    Last of all we - the admin team - would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for joining in and continuing to support these leagues after the sudden changes to admin team etc recently and what was honestly a bit of a confusing time! We have been trying hard since taking over to get to grips with all the jobs that need doing and learn all of the tools we need to use to do them - hopefully it hasn't been a totally horrible experience for anyone! Now we have a good plan for season 4 and we are really excited to get everyone signed up and crack on with what we hope will be the best season yet!

...so who is this 'we'? Glad you asked! The current admin team for ACC PC related things are:

@nanlatt
    @krunch
    @Flamebadger
    @SteveDrivingSlowly

With support in the background from the epic Mr @Rolz and of course the legendary Mr @KoAStR.

If you ever have any questions, concerns, ideas, comments or complaints, please feel free to contact any of us here at the forum via private message, tag us in a forum post or hit us up on discord. We'd be more than happy to hear from you.

Looking forward to seeing you on track at the special events and to sharing more details about the upcoming league season with you!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Meow, tezpez85, Dan Medved and 7 others like this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'll be in on Mondays for sure.
  3. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Looks good!

I probably can't commit full time on Monday's so I'll try and make myself available for Endurance events especially if they're in their own sub-category once you have the calendar confirmed.
  4. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

look forward to it. Great work team putting this together. Now to pick a car
  5. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

Thanks for doing that all!
    The Silverstone race sounds great. Should be on tonight. Got the wheel Sunday so still practicing and getting used to it. So much more fun than the controller. No regrets.
  6. Stephen Behsmann

Stephen Behsmann New Recruit

Hey guys, just wondering what times you race at? Dad lyfe makes it hard before 8pm so thought is suss before saying I'll take part
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

hey mate, we usually start practice at 8pm, qualy at 8:45 and race at 9pm. Come have a drive with us! Just let me know your steamId so I can add you to the whitelist.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  8. Stephen Behsmann

Perfect. Count me in
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

Small update to the OP!
  10. Stephen Behsmann

I haven't got it installed Yeh but I'll be down for the next one
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Great racing tonight all! Amazing first effort at multi-class racing!

Results below!

Dan Medved, CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  12. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

Monday 28th September
    • 2 x 30 minutes of Brands Hatch
    • No pit stops, just race!
    • Car classes TBC - keep your eyes peeled for info about that!
    • Practice from 8:00 pm, Qualy and races from 8:45 pm until done
    • No sign-up required!
      no password? what is TBC? my english is bad
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Silverstone was a good track to do the first multi-class race on, lots of space and plenty of time to make safe decisions. I can imagine Zolder, Zandvoort and the other tighter twisty things will be a riot compared to this. A lot of fun tonight, had some good battles before the pit stop with Peter and Andy. Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey mate,

That is correct - no password required. If you don’t have enough SA or track medals, let me know by 27th Sept and I will add you to the server whitelist.
  15. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

hello I'm in
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

awesome!
  17. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

18. Mael

Mael Professional

That was fun, felt much shorter than the 1+ hour actual time.

Spend 40 minutes slowly gaining on Krunch, every lap I tried to calculate if it is possible to catch him before the end. Sadly I think 2 laps more would have been required. Any boring stages in the races were kept interesting by annoying the GT3 drivers :whistling:
    Spidey_11, krunch, nanlatt and 4 others like this.
  19. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

Absolutely loved that race, so so so much fun with the multi class! Adds another dimension to racing, you can't just focus on going fast, need to factor in where you will hit traffic and when to overtake as to not ruin others races. And to top it off a last corner overtake for the win to Wally after 72mins of racing. Well done mate!
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, that was an awesome race, close nearly all of the way, with both of us capitalising on small mistakes from the other guy to swap the lead a few times. The GT4 drivers made the passes really easy - thanks for that.