ACC Octane 9hr Kyalami Endrunce

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by CornfordCaster, Sep 22, 2020.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Starting a discussion for this race as I want to be get back involved in being in some endurance racing. I know there's already representation from the fast lads on here in these races/series but hey why not have a second car?

Personally Kyalami is a track I still need to find some time on but if there is anyone else here who has thought about getting into these then lets partner up! Ideally looking for 3-4 person team as I'm not too interesting in pulling mega stints but more interested in the teamwork.
    fRZn, nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Yeah I'd be keen!
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Would love to do this but the timing is really bad for me this time!
  4. CornfordCaster

I've pretty much spent most of my time driving the Honda but would happy to learn something else. Do you have a car preference @fRZn ?

Once the main season gets up and running I might try and bump this post or discord to get the other seats filled in the thread if that's allowed @nanlatt @SteveDrivingSlowly
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

yeah mate for sure go for it.
  6. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I'm happy to drive any car :D
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

I'd be keen and think I'd be available on that weekend. Only thing for me is I am not a huge fan of the Honda, which I drove in season 2 of our league - but Kyalami was one of its better tracks to be fair, although I was not very quick with it there at all. But if others want to stick with it, I'd muddle along!
    fRZn and CornfordCaster like this.
  8. CornfordCaster

Do you have a car preference?

Just looking at the dates I'm probably unavailable for Qualifying because so I'll cheek what's required from the Octane guys with respects to that
  9. Flamebadger

Haha, well I'd say this is your idea so you can be team captain and make the call! I am quite content in anything aside probably the Porsche in which I am both slow and also feel like I'm on the edge of crashing a lot :rolleyes:.

But for a long enduro, something that responds nicely and is quite stable would be what I would suggest. That would trend towards the front engined cars like the Aston / Merc / Boat etc. In the mid-engined category, I think the macca is a pretty stable platform also.
  10. CornfordCaster

I've dabbled around with the Merc and Lary before so I'm happy to try probably go with one of those. @fRZn Do you have preference between those two?
  11. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I'm driving the merc in another league atm, but I don't mind driving either. By Lary you mean the Lamborghini right?
  12. CornfordCaster

Lary was for the McLaren. I did a quick test drive before and I actually don't like the McLaren but the Mercedes was pretty nice. That's probably going to be the strong candidate for the moment. You were driving around in the Bentley tonight Flame?
  13. Flamebadger

Yep, I like the big boat a lot but it's not everyone's favourite. I also don't think Kyalami is it's best track overall pace wise but it is by no means uncompetitive there. Also every so often I manage to forget it's right hand drive and manage to put my left hand wheels off the track in a braking zone haha
    fRZn likes this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Happy to answer any questions on the OOR enduro's... done a few now and will be doing Kyalami... 9hrs will be a good challenge! :D
    fRZn likes this.
  15. CornfordCaster

Reprogramming my brain to RHD is my biggest concern with the boat! Let's have a run in the Merc then I think.

Just looking at my October schedule I'm working on the qualifying night but I imagine that should be okay if the other team drivers can qualify? I think everything else should be fair well explained at least at this stage.
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Got this straight from the qualifying channel on their discord:
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    So what's your setup for Kyalami then??
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  18. Flamebadger

Aha, that's very helpful! So only one driver needs to be available, that's good to know! I guess we can decide on that a bit closer to the time
    An excellent question :roflmao:
  19. Rolz

You guys beat me to it... yeah only ur fastest team driver does qual... the rest have a watch party on discord whilst kicking back drinking! Super evening for those not racing! Just make sure the hangover isn’t too bad for the next day!! :D
    Bentley Motors has confirmed factory sponsorship with ROOZ Racing Team for Kyalami :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Spidey_11 like this.
  20. Rolz

haha... my setup is currently just old school trial and error with my notes on car setups such as this
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmQrWIeMRVVGg-EAdlLrnl5NVdk14A?e=oRgGvD
    Then wait for my team mates to get stuck into their Motec analysis to really pull more data out.
    Spidey_11 likes this.