ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 2 Sprint KYALAMI!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Oct 8, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 2 - SPRINT - KYALAMI 2019
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    12th October 2020 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid causing or suffering excessive join lag.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • Round 1 feedback has been very positive overall but has highlighted a few important things. We accept that GT3's will aggressively pass GT4's at times - multiclass is challenging for both classes - however there is a limit to what is acceptable.
      No matter how difficult it seems for GT3 drivers it is unquestionably more difficult for GT4's. Let us be clear here - GT3 cars have no superior 'rank' to GT4 cars. Blue flag rules apply only because of the speed differential. GT4's have the same 'rights' to the track as GT3's and must not be hustled out of the way. Even a very aware GT4 driver can miss spotting fast moving GT3's especially if battle packs are involved.
      On the flip-side GT4's must make sure their movements are predictable when GT3's are in their vicinity. They should also make good use of their mirrors, the realtime display, the trackmap, the radar, the spotter and glancing to ensure awareness (the Crew Chief app is also excellent).
      We do understand that incidents will occasionally occur however it is the careless or repetitive incidents that are unacceptable and will incur warnings or penalties.
      So in summary:
      • GT4's do not have to come off the racing line to let a GT3 through. It is up to the GT3 to find a CLEAN way to pass (hint - straights are best).
      • GT4's have to brake for corners earlier than GT3's but this is not an invitation TO DIVE BOMB TO THE APEX forcing the GT4 to delay their turn in. Please use care and respect.
      • GT4's may choose to give way to a GT3 early but must be clear in conveying that intention (eg. move off the racing line well before a corner).
      • GT4's must also use care and respect when GT3 drivers are trying to pass
      • All drivers are encouraged to report other drivers who repeatedly flout these rules and guidelines. A report does not need to be a protest and can be done via direct message to an admin on the forum or Discord.

• Qualifying sessions will continue to be partially split to allow GT4 drivers to have the track exclusively for the first 5 minutes. GT3 drivers MUST NOT exit the pits during this time. GT3 drivers may only cross the pit exit line once the time remaining displays less than 10 minutes:
      • First offence: GT3 driver will be teleported back to pits and warned (momentary DSQ)
      • 2nd offence: GT3 driver will be disqualified from the qualifying session.
      • 3rd offence: GT3 driver will be disqualified from the entire round (including any previous race).
      • GT4 drivers are not restricted and can use all 15 minutes however they MUST NOT IMPEDE ANY GT3 DRIVER.
      • GT3 drivers on their first outlap must take extra care not to impede GT4 drivers still on their flying laps. Please stay well out of the way.

• Optional use of indicators: Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.

• Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
      • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

• All drivers should read the Rooz Etiquette guide and Rules & Regs linked below before the start of Round 1.

• Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)

RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name (to be confirmed):
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S4 Rnd2 60min of Kyalami [Pit Req.] [FP 8:15pm] [Q1 9:00pm] [R1 9:15pm]"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz"
    • The weather has been set to an average of 22 degrees with a low chance of rain. This applies across all sessions so expect some variation.
    • The server time scale multiplier will be set at 2x for this round.
    • PASSWORD: season4

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name (to be confirmed):
    "RaceOnOz.com 02 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRACTICE SERVER S4 Rnd2 60min of Kyalami [Pit Req.] [FP 8:15pm] [Q1 9:00pm] [R1 9:15pm]"
    • The practice server is available now and will stop at approximately 7:45pm AEDT on Monday night when it becomes the race server
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz"
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server
    • PASSWORD: season4

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • 57 minute pit window.
    • Fuel optional, fill time not fixed.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Saturday 5pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, *15 mins (in game Saturday 7pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 5pm) - LOCKED no joining
        *First 5 minutes of qualifying session is exclusive GT4 track time - GT3's must not exit pits until after that time.
    • Weather is set to an average of 22 degrees with a low chance of rain across all sessions so expect some variation. Please note that the latest ACC update includes changes to the weather system which may or may not make the weather unfold more 'predictably'.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 4 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

This is such a great track, should be great fun!
    Dan Medved, jlynn777 and krunch like this.
  4. cerp

cerp Rookie

Hey guys, I'm back from my trip down the coast. Keen as for Kyalami. I'm assuming I just jump in the server on Monday right? As in my GUID info and stuff should allow me to jump in no worries?

Kyalami is an awesome track, so should offer up some great racing, just make sure you don't get too close to the bunnings sausage at T15 :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate, welcome back. Yes the whitelist should let you in and set your class, race number and first and last names. As you haven't raced yet you will still be able to join in any car - but once you have started your first race session in that car, it will be locked down in the entrylist.json for the balance of the races in this season. You will need the password as well to join of course (in the OP).
  6. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I can't check because you're not able to refuel on the practise server but will adding fuel add time to your pit stop?
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Nope you gotta do tyres and fuelling happens during this man
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi gents - as stated in the OP refueling time is not fixed, meaning it takes longer to put in 80 litres than it takes to put in 10 litres. It does take place at the same time as tyres - but if your total refueling takes longer than a tyre change, it will lengthen your pitstop.

You can see the effects of this on your pitstop time in the MFD display when adjusting the fuel amount.
    Spidey_11 and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  9. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Bit late now but for the next races that this happens for could you please enable refueling on the practise server? As no refueling is allowed you can't adjust it to see the pit stop time changing :)

I tried offline but I can't see how to adjust that there either :whistling:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Will unfortunately miss this race
  11. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

Let us know if there is a spot available tonight. No worries if if it can't happen.
    Been getting some practice in iRacing getting used to being around other cars.
  12. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Fuel rate is 3 seconds to insert the fuel hose and 1 litre every 0.2 seconds. No car has a big enough to tank to take longer refueling than the 30 seconds for tyres.
    c4rLo5, Spidey_11, krunch and 2 others like this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate - yes indeed, we will add the same pit rules to the practise server as the race in future.

We have a list of all those that have missed out and expressed an interest in joining the season. After the next round or so we should have an idea how many will be showing up to each race and if we have any people that have signed up and show no sign of actually racing - so we will hopefully be able to free up a spot or two. However we are trying to make sure that we have enough space for all of the people that have signed up so far to join on the tracks where there is a limit of 50 cars - so we are doing it gently and as fairly as we can. Will try and find you a spot soon mate!
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks for clearing that up @andyo450 !!!!
  15. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

All good mate! I know these things are tough and I'm happy to sit out the season.

I'll continue to throw some Mazda's around the track in iRacing for the time being. Been good practice for me dealing with a lot of cars around me at the same time.
  16. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Thanks Steve and Andy :thumbsup:
  17. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

@Jeremy Talbot . Apologies. I was the one who tagged you going into turn 3, lap 2. I out braked myself passing another car. I redressed but I had already ruined your race. So sorry again man. @SteveDrivingSlowly Will self report myself for this one.
  18. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hi all, the admin team is going to look at the incidents T1 through 3, so consider those 'under investigation.' Results are provisional pending outcome of this review which will not be conducted tonight (because real life).

For any other incidents you may wish to report, please go to the penalty and protest zone thread for further details of our process. Please submit protests by 11:59pm on Wednesday.
  19. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

You hit me in the same corner 2 laps in a row, lap 1 and 2. Normally I wouldn't mind but I got hit in both races last week and I got taken out from pole this week, so I'm a little frustrated. Thanks for the apology though
  20. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Ok, in order that I can remember,

@W. Stryker (Daemoroth) I'm sorry about the two taps in turn 1 lap 1. The first one was my fault, the second was a tap from my rear going back into you the second time.

@S.Shuttleworth (Frostwa) It was tough trying to keep you behind me, Sorry for making the Lambo so wide!

Who's T. TRAPP? Good racing! I chased and chased to keep your white Lambo in view of me but I pushed too hard towards the end trying to stay in visual distance to you. nice racing.

(A Pilat) massive apologies to you about that last corner last lap hit. It caught me off guard. Sorry about making you loose more positions when you had a good chance to take one or two then. Also sorry to anyone that I flashed in the later part of the race. I had front damage and when I braked it flickered the headlights.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureSuccessfulOpossumEagleEye
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyTriangularQuailUnSane
    https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralShortKangarooDatBoi
    https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyDepressedAnteaterCharlietheUnicorn
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020