ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 3 Enduro MONZA!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Oct 16, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 3 - ENDURO - MONZA 2019
    [​IMG]
    19th October 2020 at 8:15pm

(AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid causing or suffering excessive join lag.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • Round 1 and 2 feedback has been very positive overall but has highlighted a few important things. We accept that GT3's will aggressively pass GT4's at times - multiclass is challenging for both classes - however there is a limit to what is acceptable.

No matter how difficult it seems for GT3 drivers it is unquestionably more difficult for GT4's. Let us be clear here - GT3 cars have no superior 'rank' to GT4 cars. Blue flag rules apply only because of the speed differential. GT4's have the same 'rights' to the track as GT3's and must not be hustled out of the way. Even a very aware GT4 driver can miss spotting fast moving GT3's especially if battle packs are involved.

On the flip-side GT4's must make sure their movements are predictable when GT3's are in their vicinity. They should also make good use of their mirrors, the realtime display, the trackmap, the radar, the spotter and glancing to ensure awareness (the Crew Chief app is also excellent).

We do understand that incidents will occasionally occur however it is the careless or repetitive incidents that are unacceptable and will incur warnings or penalties.

So in summary:
      • GT4's do not have to come off the racing line to let a GT3 through. It is up to the GT3 to find a CLEAN way to pass (hint - straights are best).
      • GT4's have to brake for corners earlier than GT3's but this is not an invitation TO DIVE BOMB TO THE APEX forcing the GT4 to delay their turn in. Please use care and respect.
      • GT4's may choose to give way to a GT3 early but must be clear in conveying that intention (eg. move off the racing line well before a corner).
      • GT4's must also use care and respect when GT3 drivers are trying to pass
      • All drivers are encouraged to report other drivers who repeatedly flout these rules and guidelines. A report does not need to be a protest and can be done via direct message to an admin on the forum or Discord.

• Qualifying sessions will continue to be partially split to allow GT4 drivers to have the track exclusively for the first 5 minutes (after this round we will look at alternative qualifying formats). GT3 drivers MUST NOT exit the pits during this time. GT3 drivers may only cross the pit exit line once the time remaining displays less than 10 minutes:
      • First offence: GT3 driver will be teleported back to pits and warned (momentary DSQ)
      • 2nd offence: GT3 driver will be disqualified from the qualifying session.
      • 3rd offence: GT3 driver will be disqualified from the entire round (including any previous race).
      • GT4 drivers are not restricted and can use all 15 minutes however they MUST NOT IMPEDE ANY GT3 DRIVER.
      • GT3 drivers on their first outlap must take extra care not to impede GT4 drivers still on their flying laps. Please stay well out of the way.

• Optional use of indicators: Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.

• Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
      • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

• All drivers should read the Rooz Etiquette guide and Rules & Regs linked below before the start of Round 1.

• Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)

RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S4 Rnd3 90min of Monza [Pit Req.] [FP 8:15pm] [Q1 9:00pm] [R1 9:15pm]"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • The weather has been set to an average of 25 degrees with a low chance of rain. This applies across all sessions so expect some variation.
    • The server time scale multiplier will be set at 4x for this round.
    • PASSWORD: season4

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 02 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] Mon League [S4 Round 3] Closed Practice"
    • The practice server is available now and will stop at approximately 7:45pm AEDT on Monday night when it becomes the race server.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season4

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is an ENDURO:
    • 1 x 90 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • 87 minute pit window.
    • Fuel optional, fill time not fixed.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 4x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Saturday 11am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, *15 mins (in game Saturday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 90 mins (in game Sunday 1pm) - LOCKED no joining
        *First 5 minutes of qualifying session is exclusive GT4 track time - GT3's must not exit pits until after that time.
    • Weather is set to average of 25 degrees with a low chance of rain across all sessions so expect some variation.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 4 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Monza, the race with the most civilised T1 :rolleyes:.

Looking forward to a long race here, should be a lot of fun!
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yeah, I am really hanging out for a longer race! Love Monza for all it's bad and good features....and spending 90 minutes going round and round with you lot there sounds like a great night!
    Spidey_11, CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  5. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

inb4 rain again like practice.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Sorry all, won't be able to make it tonight. Have a good race
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

If I can't get this Audi to behave over the kerbs I'm going to be spending a lot of my time facing the wrong way........Anyway, bring it on!
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Meow

Meow New Recruit

A question for you folks who have done a few of these enduro's before. How many pit stops / sets of tyres would you average for 90 minutes racing?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

You'll only need 1 stop mate - these tyres are pretty durable.
  10. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

11. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Apologies for my big off at Monza.

Meow, Frostwa, CornfordCaster and 3 others like this.
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Another fun round. Pipped at the post for 15th by 0.012 seconds. Crossed the finish line and all I could think was thank Fire Truck I didn't hit @Jeremy Talbot this round. I think I used up my quota of hitting you last round.;);););)

Well done everyone.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Funniest recap ever
  14. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

I had a rollercoaster that started in qualy, got rear ended in my first hot lap. Had a bad lap 1, but I didnt get caught up in the infamous back straight pile up.
    Robertshaw had a spin in ascari, come back on the track at a 90 degree angle and ruined my car...but was still mostly fun
    Frostwa and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  15. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

That was fun. Qualified up near the back of the GT3 field. Stuck heaps of fuel in and had a long first stint and somehow jagged 11th outright. Yeeeeeeeeeew!
  16. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

Thought i could of got you early, but i made way too many mistakes, and you set some good laps before and after pits, well done mate.

Fun race, had a few spins but happy with the result of 18th
  17. CornfordCaster

There was fun Smith battle going on there in this one!
  18. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

yea it was good, i had some trouble with straight line during those laps so never managed to get close enough for a move, although he took up 3/4 of my screen.
    it was cut short tho :c
  19. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

That was super fun everyone, amazed to come away with a win, lucked into it a smidgeon with an incident that Henderson and @andyo450 (and me to be fair, but much less effect) had whilst passing GT4 traffic; took the lead and then ran the F away as best I could!

Both Hendo and Andy pitted quite early I assume to deal with damage from that incindent, whereas the 4 secs of damage on the Boat I could drive around fairly effectively. I ran long hoping for a late tyre advantage on both wear and by being able to have the tyre pressures dialled in for cooling conditions in the evening without compromise. Nailed the pit entry, stopped on the marks, repaired the car - and at this point I thought I was racing @Frostwa for third and was very surprised to pop out in second only behind a car that was yet to pit. With the aforementioned tyre advantage I seemed able to keep the gap to Andy pretty stable for the second stint.

Thanks as always to everyone for turning up, for racing fair and as clean as possible. Congrats to all finishers and especially to all class podiums across GT3 and GT4. Roll on to the rollercoaster that is Zolder!

Additionally, a highlights package is available here (but at the time of posting, it has not finished processing yet, will likely be an hour or two):

20. CornfordCaster

That Camaro at T1 on the grass was brilliant! :whistling::D
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.