ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 3 Super Sprint Hungaroring Super Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Feb 3, 2021.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 5 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 3 - SUPER SPRINT - Hungaroring 2020
    [​IMG]
    8th February 2021 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • Avoiding Lap 0 and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Start Formation - The admin team will be taking a close look at driver's positions at race starts as we have noticed that some cars are getting away with being out of position. Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green. The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will be reviewing starts as a matter of procedure from now on. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or disadvantaging other drivers by being out of position. We'd also like drivers to stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins. These sorts of sloppy grid formations can lead to major crashes in the first few corners so we'd like to clean that up
    • Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    • Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S5 Rnd3 2x30min of Hungaroring"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season5
    Practice Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRAC SERVER S5 Rnd3 2x30min of Hungaroring"
    • The practice server should be available now.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season5
    NOTE: Wacky Wednesday League Practice - Every Wednesday night we host a semi-closed race practice evening ahead of the upcoming Season 5 championship round. These are very informal and chilled out practice sessions where you can come in and try out set-ups, chat and have some fun racing without worrying about your championship points (this is separate to the 24/7 practice server which is always available). Importantly you can practice close racing moves with far less pressure and less consequence than Monday nights and we particularly encourage those newer to sim racing to join in. There are often excellent tips from some of our top pro drivers too. More info in the Wacky Wednesday League Practice thread.

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 2 x 30 min races.
    • 2 x 15 min qualifying sessions - 1 for each race.
    • No mandatory pitstops or pit restrictions.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start. Speeding as the lights go green will result in a stop/go penalty.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 11am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying 1, 15 mins (in game Saturday 10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Race 1, 30 mins (in game Saturday 11am) - LOCKED no joining
      • Practice/break, 5 mins (in game Sunday 9am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying 2, 15 mins (in game Sunday 10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Race 2, 30 mins (in game Sunday 11am) - LOCKED no joining
    • Weather is set to an average of 19 degrees with a slightly increased chance of rain across all sessions.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 5 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 5. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 5 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2021
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

ROUND RESULTS
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Cmon auspost go go go, get me my loadcells!
    tezpez85, krunch, Wally and 3 others like this.
  4. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

You going to make it tonight?
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Sadly no mate, still no joy - rig is in bits as I thought I'd do some general maintenance etc
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  6. CornfordCaster

7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Booooooo!:(
  8. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

Bummer! Sorry to hear mate.. Think I got an old Logitech gtsports wheel for ps2 if you want to borrow that :p
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Putting a second storey on it?
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. CornfordCaster

[​IMG]
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

12. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

Got taken out in a big way and had to retire. I think that'll do me, there's a bit too much kamakaze stuff going on at my end of the field.
  13. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Removed by admin
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2021
  14. CornfordCaster

Well allow me to take this somewhere a bit more positive! Let's start with Q1 where I set a PB! :thumbsup: 1:44.0 :thumbsup: There was still probably about 3 tenths in that lap (which still ONLY puts me behind O'Hara by over a second o_O). I had only done some fairly basic setup changes but I managed to find most of my time from Wednesday by fixing my pedal settings.

Race 1
    This race was fairly decent but I still lack really good consistency. Some laps I would keep up with guys in front and other laps drops a few tenths. I didn't do any passing in the race, just a whole lot of defending and losing positions... Pilat, Frost, Hayes and Lattanzio :cry: On the whole it was pretty fun but it's always better when you improve your position.

Race 2
    Q2 was pretty poop just like my driving was towards the end of Race 1, I probably should have gone for a walk and had some water in the break between races.

I got off the start really well and managed to pull alongside Bueller before heading into the braking for T1 but ended up being too aggressive and sticking my nose in a gap that whilst it was technically 'big enough' wasn't the right place to be. I gave Hayes a little micro bump which made him go fractionally wide, this compounded into me going wide into Bueller and then around 180°. From this point on I actually had a lot of fun, I drove like an absolute menace and had a lot of fun racing with people but unfortunately whilst recovering on the first 3 laps I got into 3 incidents (2 collisions resulting in spins and 1 leaving the track to avoid early braking), 3 laps in a row with the same driver and this was quite frustrating. I'd love to message this driver and just have a chat (I don't know your forum or discord name), my frustration has passed and it's water under the bridge but it would be good to hear their input especially if they felt guilty, don't worry I'm not upset! :thumbsup:

There were quite a few other people who had some carnage I was witness to and I basically come into contact with every car that I came near in the race, real tradin' paint racing. Finally 3 events to point out, firstly I showed my nose one to one the Lexus who was too focused on me and not their own braking point and subsequently killed Paul as he commented above. Secondly, an apology to Staffy who I've messaged on discord about hitting. Finally, I wrapped up this race by launching over the second part of the chicane and doing a 720° dropping 2 or 3 positions to finish 30th. Yay!

Race 2 was chaos but a lot of fun. Race 1 was a better result but I lost places so it was less fun.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

That was fun racing. It felt like I had a car on both front and rear bumpers for an hour, banging doors a few times - all good fun.
    Sorry about the hip and shoulder early in race 2 Liam Pointing. I just didn't know you were there by my side.
  16. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

Hello everyone, thanks for the race. I got great pleasure, although I didn't know this track at all, that's why I got a drive through the pitlane in each of the races.
    But still I'm happy.
    My apologies for the take-out in the second corner of the first lap of the first race and the side impact in the last corner of the second race.
    tezpez85, krunch, Flamebadger and 3 others like this.
  17. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

Hi all. It wasn't a great night for me last night. After setting a PB in quali and starting 20th for R1 i was feeling pretty good. The race started well until the 2nd corner and i got hit and lost a few positions and picked up some damage, i manged to get into a nice rhythm again and still had good pace until i was dropped from the server on lap 6. i rejoined and after getting in everyone's way settled into good pace but came you 2nd last.
    Race 2 was one to forget quali was poor and than the game decided to reset all by view setting back to default. i tan got caught u in the turn 1 accident and picked up a heap of damage, so i pitted and tried to fix my view settings by the time i got back on track i was a lap down so decided to pull the pin and watch the rest of the race.

This is the stream of my night if anyone wants to watch me suffering.
  18. CornfordCaster

I was just looking for your stream, forgot you're doing youtube now.
  19. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Think i'm gonna try one more round then I might be done, it's depressing to be 3 seconds off pole but then also have to deal with constant divebombs and being punted into in the back/midfield. I think the total legitimate overtakes I've had this season has been 1, the rest were people crashing out ahead of me or me giving a position from just fear of being punted (or being punted off regardless), point is I can't really race some people in the midfield since I do not trust them at all and the ones I can race go flying past or were way ahead of me in the first place.

Only the opening round had no damage, the rest were just people for no reason slamming on the brakes or people just dive bombing/missing a braking point and slamming into the back of me, really reminds me of public iRacing races.
  20. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey chaps, it really sucks you're not having great experiences currently. If there are repeated issues of poor driving standards please let one of the admin team know. We do not have the resources to provide live stewarding, nor do any of us on the admin team have the time to go through and review every second of replay from every driver's perspective, as we all have significant real life commitments.

If we're not told bad things are happening, it can fly under the radar.

Please, if you are encountering poor driving standards, let us know. if it's a specific incident or incidents, let us know the details and we can look into it. It doesn't necessarily need to be something that leads to a penalty, but if there are repeat examples of over-aggressive driving for example, we are quite capable of getting in touch with drivers and politely asking them to cool their jets.

The aim of this league is for people of all paces to be able to have people around them with whom they can race, and in order to curate such an experience for everyone, we need to know where standards are falling down.

On the flip side, we also appreciate in 40+ car fields, especially on tracks like Hungaroring there are going to be incidents, and that there are genuine mistakes, brief lapses in concentration and errors in judgment. But nonetheless, our expectation is that everyone should by and large be able to have a relatively clean racing experience.

So, in conclusion: let us know when there are issues! And if you are someone who has repeatedly found themselves shunting other drivers, maybe take this post as a general warning that we expect everyone to race as cleanly and respectfully as possible, and whilst I am sure all these incidents are not intentional, if this is you, maybe think twice before going for that low percentage lunge.