ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] SEASON 5 INFO, RACE SCHEDULE & SIGN UP!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Also with this one - as soon as the session rolls over, the replay and timetables etc are no longer available, so another FP won’t help there I’m afraid. We can increase the session overtime but this is one setting for all sessions - so will mean there is a long wait at the end of FP and Q sessions also. However, remember that we post the results here and at the results site straight away, and you can click on a drivers name in the results to see all of the sector and lap times for that driver etc etc.
  2. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

I set up the wrong setup for the race, at the last moment I realized this and did not have time to change it to the racing one. I didn’t put pressure + pit stop strategy, I was driving with a full tank although I had to go 50%. in any big championship and even in official ACC competitions, the interval between qualification and race is 5 minutes, this is the standard preparation time. you need it in order to prepare the car for the conditions of the track, etc. yes, at least even go to the toilet before a long ride
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi all,

After taking on board the comments above and discussing this, we have decided to increase the pre-race wait time from 2 minutes to 3 minutes for all races.

Thanks for your input as always!
    krunch, Jeremy Talbot and Flamebadger like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

IMPORTANT NOTICE / REMINDER:

11 drivers that signed up for season 5 did not show for Round 1.

We still had a fantastic turnout for round 1 as we over-booked the season intentionally, knowing that we always get a few that don't show for R1. However, we want to maintain full grids throughout the season so we will be quick to drop drivers who do not show and offer their spots to others moving forwards.

Any drivers that did not show for round 1 and do not show for round 2 tomorrow, or contact an admin ASAP, will be removed from the season.

Spots that become available due to this will be offered to drivers on the waiting list. Position in queue has been awarded based on the order of sign-up - i.e. the first to sign-up to the waiting list will be first in the queue.
    krunch, tezpez85, staffy0707 and 5 others like this.
  5. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

If I know in advance I am not going to be able to make it to a particular race, would it be worth letting an admin know so they can offer the spot to someone else for the night?
  6. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey mate, that is a good thought, but the backend process of managing the entry list, driver classification etc. for us means it is very impracticable for us to swap people in and out for ad-hoc one-off appearances. The point of the league is we are wanting repeat appearances as far as possible! So I appreciate the thought, but if you can't make it, we're not going to be offering your slot to someone else for one round.

That being said, if you do know you're going to miss a round, it wouldn't go amiss to let one of us know - it means we know you're not going to be there and means we won't think you've abandoned your entry :thumbsup:
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Further to what the esteemed Mr Flamebadger has said above - it is not our intention to just boot people from the season regardless of circumstances. All we want to do is make sure that people are not signing up for a spot and hogging the space in the season without ever having any real intention of turning up to a race.

As soon as you have completed one race, we will not kick you from the season - as this would mess up all the points and the table and so we cannot do that. In order to be considered 'active' in a season, you need to complete at least 4 races. 'Active' drivers are given a reserved spot for the sign up of the next season, allowing them a week to confirm their spot before we open it up to other people to sign up. This way the more committed and active drivers are rewarded with first refusal in future seasons. We may increase this limit from 4 in future as perhaps that doesn't really represent an 'active' driver - but we always do things gradually and gently around here as I hope you have noted :)

However if you cannot make the first races of the season, and do not communicate with us after you have signed up, we have to release your spot. There are people on the waiting list that really do want to race and so we want to give them a chance to join in as soon as possible before the season is so far through that there is no chance of them placing well.

If you signed up and have to work or go on holiday or are sick during the first couple races - that is all totally fine, and we don't want to boot anyone out for having other things in their life that get in the way of racing! It is just necessary to let us know that you are still active and still interested, and then we can make sure that your spot isn't given away.

Later on some drivers that have raced a few rounds will drop out and stop attending for a while....we keep an eye on this and when it makes sense, we offer up more places to those on the waiting list. In this case we do not remove the drivers that have for whatever reason not attended a few races. It is hard to juggle this one as we don't want to over fill the season but we also want full grids...so it's all based on us trying to guess what people are going to do and make a bet on how the numbers will turn out.

Essentially we are trying to be as fair as possible to everyone that is keen to race - to those that have signed up and really want to race, to those on the waiting list that really want to race, to those that start out with the best intentions and have something come up in their life that needs sorting out and so on.

What we want to discourage is signing up and never showing up or engaging with us in any way as this is wasting our time and that of the people on the waiting list.

Hope that all makes sense!
  8. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Awesome, thanks.
    See you tonight! (from behind)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  9. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

Hello there!
    Alex Tsakhoev is at work till 9.00 pm, but he will very hurry to participiate today) Maybe he will enter lobby before the end of qualification
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

So I was under the impression I had signed up for this. I missed last week for connection issues, now I am here and cannot connect. Does that mean I am out for the season?
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

hi mate, no you are not out - and I can see that you have signed up. I’m not racing tonight as my pedals are screwed but please try and get in touch with Krunch, Flamebadger or Nanlatt on discord and they should be able to help. It could be:

incorrect password
    Incorrect car type selected when trying to join
    Steam id used during signup is invalid or not the one you are trying to join with

the first two you can try to solve yourself (password is season5), the last one will need an admin to help you with.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

noted mate - thanks for letting us know
  13. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Thanks mate. It works now :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

great!
  15. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

If there's any reserves lined up then I'm happy for someone else to take my spot for the rest of the season
    krunch likes this.
  16. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Hi All, Put the wheel back up, just re-did a new (better) qualy time in the 991 to change out of the BMW from when I raced last and popped myself on the waiting list...
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  17. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

ok so what's everyone's interpretation of a 'Dive Bomb'
    i ask because i see people arguing it alot and had someone accuse me of it when i would argue otherwise.
    i would call dive bombing when you are more than half a car length behind at the brake marker and you either miss the apex of the corner and can't hold the inside line or you make contact with the person on the outside to get around the corner
    whats the general consensis of a dive bomb and a good pass under brakes
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I would regard a divebomb as when you throw it up the inside, but overshoot the apex, unable to keep it tight, and push the other car wide on exit.
    krunch, CornfordCaster and staffy0707 like this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

It's usually defined as not having the right to the corner. The definition of who has the right to the corner can vary between comps but generally in esports you need to be at least up to the B pillar of the car you are trying to overtake/stay in front of at the turn-in point of the corner (not the braking marker). You also have to not overshoot the apex yourself (you can't just satisfy criteria A by braking so late that you have no hope of making the corner :D)
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

For me the car in front has the right to the apex, unless the car chasing has some good overlap at the beginning of the braking zone then they need to not “go for it”, just sticking your nose in a little bit is not good enough as this will generally end badly. As long as there is overlap at the start of the braking zone then the guy in front will be told by the race engineer “car left or right” before he goes for the apex, if you had no overlap but just smashed the brakes later then the guy in front it will be a lot more likely the guy in front will turn in on you as you effectively came out of nowhere.

The other thing I’ll mention is that I often see people online treating every corner as an overtaking opportunity, this is just not realistic, most tracks only have two or three real overtaking opportunities and they need to be setup up at least a corner or so before.
    krunch and c4rLo5 like this.