GT Sport Season 14 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Clarification of the pit exit as the game has you in autodrive and spits you out near the middle of the track. It is often hard to react quickly enough to stop the wheels going over the exit line
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    After testing it, this car is easy enough to keep 2 wheels at least within the solid lines.
    incey, UrsineSaturn9 and Max Gassit like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, it's probably more the Gr.3's I'm thinking of.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    TL : DR like the damn post if you're available to race
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  6. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

7. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Yes, to the early start
  8. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Yes to the early start
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ian Cannan, incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  10. TUBBSTER22

TUBBSTER22 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    TUBBSTER22
    Haha yeah was a great last lap mate. Well done for holding on. I would have court you earlier but max MY TEAM mate made it hard for me to pass him for 2 laps which gave you a free kick lol. Look forward to our next battle
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    :):):):)e, I must have been mistaken that I was on the track to make up the numbers. I actually thought I was a part of the racing... Stupid me.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ???
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  14. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Guess this in reply to tubbsters comment.
    A team mate on slower tyres probably shouldn't fight a team mate on quicker tyres to the point it costs their team mate a chance at another position. Your choice in the end, but I've let hat go twice now, 1st race he was on softs to my mediums and catching at a rapid rate, no point fighting him and costing us both, second I made a mistake, didn't want to hold him up so let him go. I guess that's part of being a team imo, others may see it different.
    Apex_64 and incey like this.
  15. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Tubbs livery threw me, wasn't aware he was on the same team.
    Funny tho, as at the start of the race it didn't seem to deter drivers on Mediums trying to pass those on soft tyres. Nor would I expect them to not have a go. I wouldn't ask or expect any driver to let me pass him, team or not. Both are out there racing and trying their best.
  16. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    When Ursine caught me, I drove with a determined defense, which I often do not. It was part of my plan to make him work his bum off and burn up the softs as much as possible. I know Ursine would do the same, I felt it was good racing, he picked his moment and got it done. Wasn't entirely sure of Tubbs rubber at that time. From memory I was nowhere near as defensive with him. Much more satisfying to gain a spot through effort than be given it on a plate. I thought it was all pretty good stuff and very enjoyable.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Lemme give you a bit of advice here @Max Gassit

If you have a team mate behind you on the faster strategy, it is in your best interest to let them through, for a few reasons.

If you find yourself in their position, and you have let them through in the past, they are more inclined to let you through.

If you do let your team mate through, you can use their slipstream to gain and advantage, instead of slowing you both down by fighting and falling in to the grasp of any potential drivers behind.

if you fight your team mate and crash out, you've lost the team points in the championship.

If you fight your team mate and take both cars out, you've lost even more points in the team championship.

Just my 10c worth, but I have had team mates help improve my position after helping them at some point prior.
  18. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Appreciate the point of view. If at the time I was significantly slower, fair enough. If any driver was obviously making up lot of time, that creates a different situation. There are some that might return the favour but in my experience.... Not many. Mid point of the race is a great deal different to the final laps. And that's coming from one of the least aggressive drivers in the Div.
  19. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Having just had another look at the replay... I'm not sure where the problem is. Lap 25 with tubbs behind I just drove as hard as I could, no defence, not fighting any moves, just normal racing lines. When I let him thru at the top of the corkscrew lap 26, it allowed another car to get past.
    Might opt for privateer next season, it's safer... Ha
  20. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    I had a crack at you 1st lap on mediums because your not a team mate, fair game.
    You were also pretty elbows out on the next corner to gain the spot back.
    No one was having a go at you from what I can tell, just stating their opinion. You chose to take it offensively. All I was doing was pointing out team mates are different when it comes to how hard you fight.