Season 14 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2021.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So does that mean that the race will get rerun?
    I was actually pleased that track was going to get run while I was away.....now I’m going to have to do it!!!
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yes, will just move everything forward a week so long beach this weekend
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  3. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    So we all racin tonight or is our favourite creator sms still playin funny buggers with servers?
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Should be all good to go benny, been on the last few nights no probs.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, all Good for tonight.
    servers have been fine all week.
    Hope we get a decent size grid and put in a good race for medo !
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  6. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    just wanted to quote this for the sake of posterity :laugh::whistling:
    stucar17 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah well, fine until it actually mattered.

So for those of you who havent seen the PSN chat ..... Who is available for a re-run on friday night ?
    At this stage there is me, Downshift, Sparkygod, Disturboed, TT .....
  8. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    I will be there Friday, same time
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Im good for friday.
  10. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I should be ok
  11. Thomas Cole

Thomas Cole Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tt13092504
    Hi, Stu just wondering why don’t we put it at the end of the season and just add a week ?

like we used to
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Thats likely whats happening now anyways.
  13. Thomas Cole

Thomas Cole Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tt13092504
    It’s only cause I wanna watch the footy
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah mate, will add to the end of the season. Im out tonight as well, and about half the guys didnt get back to us for tonight anyway. All good, Fuji as normal this week.

Also, driver briefing up for this weeks round
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-14-driver-briefings.4382/
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  15. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks guys, great race.
    Ended up getting pole even tho Stu and Turbo have been quicker. Had to have a rolling start, kept the lead until lap 2 where Stu and Turbo had the slip stream, I managed to hang it with them slotting just behind Stu. Had a slight wobble t3 but kept it, Turbo wasn’t so lucky.
    Kept the pressure on Stu, but Slambo was coming, he got past me lap 9 or so, and then Stu a few laps later...
    Held off to finish 3rd just ahead of Kart....;)
    2nd race got a good start, passed Kart T1, got alongside downshift 2nd last corner but he didn’t see me and we came together. We both caught up the next group after a few guys having contact, in just a short amount of time. So here we were battling for 3rd with a group of 6 cars!
    Final result I finished 7th behind Kart, a couple of positions ahead of me.....
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Q3, was a little disappointed as was many tenths off my PB, but 3rd was ok.
    R1 got away, the top 3 pulled away from the pack a bit and it was on between Cleaner, stu and myself. Bumper to bumper for first 2 laps, got the run on stu down the main straight, I went left, Cleaner went right, got past Stu into the braking zone, I made sure to give plenty of room as I had no idea where the other 2 were ending up. Looked like I was going to hit the front, but Stu did a Hamilton on me as he went very deep in T1 and I had to back off to avoid going off track. This let Cleaner back through and i remained P3. Got sideways in T3 just like Cleaner, but unlike every single other time I had done this, I couldn't catch it, and over corrected, shot off to the right hand side and couldn't quite pull it up enough when re-entering the track sliding a bit wide and causing TB to ram into me sending him spinning. Waited for him to get going again and then it was just continue on and see what I could salvage.
    P11 and about 11.5 seconds behind the leader.
    Managed to pick off a couple over the next few laps, either through passing or their own mistakes. Was running reasonably good times as the gap to leader remained the same. Ended up crossing the line in P6.

R2 started from P6, I was thinking to myself, I had to get past as many as I could as early as I could. Up into 3rd by end lap 1 so that was nice, and took the lead by end of 2nd lap which was better. Had Prodigy on my tail for a number of laps, but eventually managed to shake him and I just built the gap keeping an eye on the leaderboard to see who was moving up. By about half was through I was 6 seconds in front and putting in very consistent laptimes. Stayed on track, no major mistakes and I crossed the line P1 with about an 8 second gap to Stu in 2nd.

No idea on where that put me for final results, but I was hoping for a bit better result, but onwards we go!

Congrats to the round winner and podium!
    stucar17 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing last night guys....

Qual, managed to hold Pole till the last few minutes with a 49:528, @AOCleaner74 pipped my by just .046 of a second...Good job mate... From there i had a pretty good race 1, getting the lead after a clean pass on AOC into turn 1... I managed to get a small gap, out to about 3 seconds but only for a few laps as @disturboed and AO got into a groove and made the time back... I noticed the @Slambobagan was starting to make time, so by lap 12 i think he was on me in second after a few incidents from AO and Turbo.... He got me in turn 1, and i tried to stay with him, but on lap 14 i made a mess of the second last corner and gave him the second he needed to cruise home....

Race 2 and seemed like i was involved in a couple of incidents.... End of lap 3 i had a run on Sparky, while sparky was next to me with the draft from @Kart-No-1 ... In the brake zone slambo and i rubbed doors and unfortunately created a bit of chaos... I managed to save the spin after getting on the grass, but Slambo went into the wall, then bounced into Sparky who in turn hit Kart. I originally thought that Slambo hit me, so i slowed but once processed what i thought had happened, continued on with those guys close behind. (I have asked the guys if they want to protest the race 2 incident, so results are still provisional)....A couple more half incidents from them saw me skip out a little, but had TT with me and we had a good battle with @Prodigy302 .... Managed to catch benny as well for second, He had a spin at turn 1, which clipped me as i went past and spun him further....

Other than the couple of incidents i had / got caught up in, had some great racing ....
    Will update the possible protest as the guys involved get back to me.
    Stu
  18. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ahhhhh, what could have been....
    Qual i did a 12:6, four tenths off my PB, but realistically i was going to be happy with a 12:5 as anything faster was going to have to be a perfect lap for me....Well done to Down Shift for pole, great lap.....

Starting 6th, mid pack was always going to be tough, but managed to get through lap 1 ok with a few guys having small incidents which i was able to take advantage of.... UP to 4th i think it was before the run up through Schwantz curve saw AOCleaner have a spin in front and come back across the track ..... Just clipped my right rear and it looked something like a plane taking off from the airport ...
    So after 3 or 4 flips, and a shortening of the bonnet and boot, i kept going from last and slowly tried to work my way forward.....

On lap 17 i took 4 tyres, but had lost too much time to the front runners to challenge them, but had a few good battles with brenticles and Kart on the way back through to 5th....

Will done to TT on the win, great drive and Disturboed for 2nd..... Slambo in 3rd keeps the championship close, just make sure you dont do any practice so we can keep it tight ! Also a should out to @t_b_williams for a great drive back to 4th after contact on lap 1.... good comeback mate....

Onto the enduro at Hockenheim, hopefully we can get a full grid of 13 or 14 ....
    Stu
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, easter sunday this weekend so no racing at Bathurst in the final round... Too many people will be unavailable.