ACC [PC] Shakedown Simracing Multi-League Endurance Race

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by nanlatt, Mar 25, 2021.

1. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

The guys from Shakedown Simracing have invited members from RaceOnOz to participate in a multi-league 4hr endurance event to be held on Saturday May 8th. They are looking for 5 teams of 2 drivers to represent ROOZ, going up against teams from Shakedown Simracing, Atomic Sim Racing and Jandal Sim Racing.

If you are interested in joining a team to participate in this event let us know so we can get the ball rolling. This is limited to 5 teams at this stage and each team is encouraged to have a reserve driver or at least we should have a pool of reserves to fill any ROOZ teams vacancies.

I don't currently any information regarding the format of the event itself but will post it when it becomes available. The guys have setup a dedicated Discord server, join with the link below. Head over and check it out, you may find all you need to know there.

https://discord.gg/KA4SqUdvkr

All the information regarding this event should be available via the link below.
    https://discord.com/channels/819833245717102602/819869188021026821/819870191399206952
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    krunch, Flukey and Rolz like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Updated Discord link, the original one had expired :thumbsup:
    nanlatt likes this.
  3. nanlatt

Oops. Thanks Rolz.
  4. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

I would be interested if anyone would have me..

Keen to get into a bit of the endurance scene
    nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  5. Rolz

I'm sure there should be some interest here... I'd love to take part, but it's a Saturday arvo and it's just too difficult to simrace and have my little ones running around and expect my wonderful wife to just do all the work... plus I'm way in the red on brownie points bank from the Bathurst 12hr... will take a few months easy to recover from that one.
    c4rLo5, Flukey and nanlatt like this.
  6. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

I had to confirm with my better half that she is ok with me doing this considering it will clash with Kids bedtime ha!

Thankfully it is a Saturday and not a school night!
  7. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

What track is it?
  8. nanlatt

Like I said, I don't have the details at the moment. As soon as I find out I will post it.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  9. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

From their discord it seems to be Nurburgring 4 Hour
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

Well depending if anyone else is not interested in winning :D
  11. nanlatt

Well there you go. Nurburgring seems like a great place for a 4 hour race.
  12. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Looks like they are doing a prac race on the 10/4 @ 4pm AEST for those who are looking at racing this event.

Im happy to team with anyone interested for the event plus happy to go to what ever car is chosen, I just cannot make the Prac session since I'll be out at the races celebrating a mates 40th that day (so even if I got back in time I doubt I would be in a position to get behind the wheel, although who knows it might actually improve my racing :p)
    krunch, Rolz and nanlatt like this.
  13. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Mael, if you cant find a teammate Im happy to team up with you for this event and happy to go with your usual Car the Aston Martin..
    Ive been doing some prac across a number of cars and seem to have a good rapport with this car

Flukey
  14. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Just giving this thread a bump! This event looks like a good way to fill in the gap while we are in a lull after Season 6. It would also be nice to showcase the ROOZ racing spirit :). Mael and Flukey have signed up - who else from ROOZ wants to get involved?
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

I have been a little surprised the interest has been a little low... but then others might have things on and can't make it... Saturday day thing is a bit tricky for some ppl (like me)
    krunch likes this.
  16. nanlatt

I can't do Saturday because I player soccer.

Come on guys, there must be a few of you looking for some more racing. Lets get some more ROOZ teams in there and show 'em what we've got.....:)
  17. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I can't usually do Saturday's either. I think maybe a lot of us aren't available on weekends regularly?
  18. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

My reason is because its nurburgring, hate that track :laugh:
    nanlatt likes this.
  19. MatthewMarshHK

MatthewMarshHK Rookie

I was kinda interested but put-off by the 45 min stint length and needing to make five stops - skews (screws?) the BOP.
    nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  20. Rolz

yeah I'm taking part in a monthly 3hr enduro season, where we have 3 forced tire changes... so it also messes with strategies... everyone ends up roughly doing a 45min stint... ends up being 4 sprints combined to do the race really... it is the first time this was run so there are lessons to be learned... same with this one... advantage is you know before signing up, it was dropped on us the week before and we had to throw all our testing away and go with 4 fast drives haha...
    Spidey_11, MatthewMarshHK and nanlatt like this.