ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 Round 9 [Brands Hatch] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Nick Firth

Nick Firth Rookie

Another cracker of a race.

Q: Qualifying was tough and it seemed every lap started with a car leaving pit exit as I approached T1. Sitting at 16th with very little time to spare I hit T1 without a car in sight, I managed to squeeze in a 1:23.853 putting me in 8th.

R: Starts are not my thing and green lights were no different at Brands Hatch, quickly losing 2 places. After gaining back a place and settling into a rhythm, I reeled in Robertshaw. However, he certainly makes his arse look big in that Ferrari. Everything I tried he defended brilliantly, great racing and probably the highlight of the race.

Approaching 30 minutes and unable to overtake Robertshaw, I went for the undercut in the pits. Missed my mark, cost myself time, lost time to Robertshaw who must have had the Red Bull pit crew onboard as he was around 10 seconds ahead now.

Now 8th I think it was, I figured that was a good result and that I should be able to comfortably cruise to the finish. Wrong, along comes Marsh! Marsh was setting some cracking times and applied the pressure forcing me to push harder. I ended up making a mistake and taking T1 a little wide, gravel not good, Marsh's Porsche fast.

Marsh put together consistent lap times and just when I thought I was gaining, he'd pull away again. 9th it is, that is until Marsh and I both benefited from others misfortunes. First a Ferrari out wide and on the grass at Hawthorn Bend, then an spinning Audi at Clark Curve. Marsh was quicker and more consistent, so I followed him safely across the finish line in 7th. Stoke with that result at a tricky track.
    krunch likes this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Well I finished higher than I qualified and wasn't last... the car started to feel like a twitchy, snap-oversteery deathtrap as the race progressed. At one stage, I slipped on the outside kerb at the turn 3 left hander, and the car went sailing across the grass and smacked into the tyre barrier, giving me severe damage. I esc'd to pits and sat there for over 3 minutes, thinking it would do my pitstop at the time (it refuelled the car), but no, it didn't. Lesson learned. So I drove around and pitted again for tyres.
  3. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

That was one to forget for me..
    At times car felt good but just couldn't get the lap time required to make any impressions.
    I like the overall feel of the track but just couldn't nail turn 1, 4 or the final corner as well as I would have liked which I think cost me the most lap time.
    Had some good battles at the start of the race but felt I might have fueled the car a little too heavy.
    went for an early stop to get out of the argy-bargy so I could rejoin in clean air and just try and run consistent laps but hit the wall on the way in and cost myself 15 sec of damage.
    Got Back to 17th but lost tyre pressure to the rear right towards the end and spun at the second last turn leaving myself on the outside kerb hoping others wouldn't hit me, found clear air to move back on but straight up wheel spin spun me back around on the kerb to another stop and got hit, which unfortunately affected whoever was driving the Nissan, so Im sorry for that.

Its a funny game/sim at times... recently I have felt good, driving really well, hanging with many I never did a few seasons back and been happy with my progress but my form over the last couple of days in the build up felt like it has dropped, whether this was track specific, or maybe overdriving the 991 im unsure.. I did compete in a CP race at imola a few days before in the BMW and had what felt was the best race ive ever driven with that car finishing top 10 with 20 competitors and maybe going from two different extremes in car characteristics could have been a factor as the BMW I could throw it at corners and slam in over Kerbing with no issues where the Porsche needs a more gentle approach due to a slippery backend??
    Dan Medved and krunch like this.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Brands is one of those circuits where repeated kerb hits can knock out a bit of pressure.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

The :alien: really flew away in this one, but I managed to have a great tussle with Hendo again. Before the stops I pulled about a 3.5 second lead on him before missing my pit box ala

[​IMG]
    The pit crew must not have been too happy, because they took extra long to put me back in the box. When I came out, Hendo was all over me. We were side by side for a few corners as he kept on attacking, but I held on and eventually began pulling away again towards the end thanks to some handily placed blues. One more to go, let's roll!
    c4rLo5, krunch, nanlatt and 2 others like this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Oh and a massive congrats to @andyo450 for already sealing the championship!
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Good race for me. Enjoyed it. I finally found some FF and wheel settings that gave me back the original subtle tyre feel that I'd been missing in ACC for ages.

I was happy with Qualy, finally cracking a 23 for a PB and lining up 11th

A good start saw me manage to move up a couple of spots and I had a great battle with Robertshaw until I lost the rear through T5 and spun. Lost a bunch of spots but carried on unscathed. Had a great battle with James Read too! By midrace I'd clawed back a spot or two and after my stop I'd made some ground and came out into a battle with Tsakhoev & GoMiniMan. After they had some contact and Tsakhoev fell back I had a long battle with GoMiniMan until I finally managed to scrape past a few laps from the end. Finishing P10 after a silly early spin was quite satisfying.

I won't be able to make next Monday as I'll be away so that's my season finished (just as I have finally sorted my steering feel lol). I'll still hop in for a run on Wednesday though.

Conrats to Andy for the win and Tez and Hendo for the podium. Other notable performances from Bueller, Nando and Marsh! Well done all other class podiums too. That's a tricky track!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    CornfordCaster, tezpez85 and Flukey like this.
  8. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

That was my last race for the season guys so I was very happy with P5 and my best result for season 5.
    Qualy was ok and good enough for P6, but I left a fair bit of time out there.

Got a good start to the race and was able to sneak past Bueller at Druids. I was pretty confident I could keep him behind me on this hard to overtake track, even though he was faster. We had a great battle until I put a wheel on the grass going into Stirling's an he didn't need an invitation to take the spot back. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful, was gifted a position late when Strelnikov went off and then I just slowed down to bring it home trying not to make my own mistake, so easy to do at Brands.

My season was very up and down in terms of results but always fun. So thank you all for a great season of racing. Thanks to the fellow Admins and looking forward to next season and some fun racing in-between.
    krunch, tezpez85 and CornfordCaster like this.
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Legend, cheers for your admin help this season and see you in the next one.
    nanlatt and krunch like this.