GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    i think if you wanted to qualify on RS but start the race on RM(in contravention of the rules) you have to start quali on RM and switch to RS, then the game puts you back on RM for the race. So it should be obvious if someone does that as they will need to pit at the start of quali and then come out and do their laps

(unless something has changed with the recent updates?)

It should also be obvious from quali times vs finishing tyre i.e if someone qualifies well but finished the race on RS then ....
    Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  2. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    That's what I was thinking, what you start the qualifying session on is what you start the race on. I'll probably be on tonight and will give it a shot then, test it out
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Pits are closed. Period. So if u go in the pits you have to stay there for remainder of session or be penalised. If u attempt to change tyres you will automatically end up back on-track. penalised for using pits. Simple.
  4. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Im not going to be able to race tonight sorry, my internet connection is cactus. Hopefully see you all for round 2.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Try hotspot from your phone. My NBN was out on Saturday night and hotspot seemed to work just fine
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    We don't get more than 1 bar of phone reception here so unfortunately that's out of the question.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Groover - 1.15.661
    UrsineSaturn9 and Hatfield like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    5 of us qualified on mediums and I was somewhere in the middle of that.
    Got away fine and started fuel conservation immediately.
    Took a little while but found the front of the mediums queue when others made little errors and just kept circulating.
    Eventually some of the soft runners had issues and dropped behind or at least into view, then with a few laps left on my medium stint, caught and passed 1 or 2 guys on worn softs who stayed on them for too long.

The top 3 @gtkingx @TUBBSTER22 @UrsineSaturn9 were all able to pit from softs to mediums and maintain their position over me before I had stopped.
    After my stop and passed a few guys now on mediums and set after ursine, but I could only get to within 9 sec as he battled with tubbs and the gap with gtking was the same at the finish as it was when I exiting the pits on my soft compound. (so I made 0 gain on him despite being on softs to his mediums WOW)

Congrats podium!

and commiserations to those who found the dirt
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @groover33 @Darren Day just a note, PLEASE do not park up on the side of the road causing yellow flags. Enter the pits and don't choose tyres to stay in the pits.
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done @gtkingx you were in another league 22 seconds in front of me! (your favourite track I hear?) Happy to be best of the rest with an awesome battle with @TUBBSTER22 where I was glued to his bumper for about 12 laps until he buckled under the pressure and made an error on the final turn with only two laps to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TUBBSTER22, Dybo, Xtr3meNZer and 4 others like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm sure I would have had a podium here, not to be, unfortunately.
    TUBBSTER22 and gtkingx like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Weeks of practice only to be pushed into the dirt before even 2 minutes is gone. very frustrating.
  13. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I watched the replay and was waiting for the redress ..... that never came :poop:
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It really put me off for the rest of the race.
  15. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Gutted for you mate, I know you had the pace to be right up there this week and the tyre wear would have played into your hands.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Oh look another pathetic performance from me. How many times will I come away from a race feeling disappointed before I actually find some success? I mean I understand that I can't win them all but I don't want to have BAD races either. I wasn't sitting comfortably and kept moving around to solve the problem, which in turn disrupted my rhythm. It was an uphill battle compounded by the long corners and tyre wear. Nothing went my way and I know that I have to put in the effort for the next round or else I'll be in for another rough night. I know that I can do well here but I can't afford to be complacent.
    gtkingx likes this.
  17. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Gotta put in some practice if you want to be competitive in this line up mate. Tyre wear is going to be a major factor this season with the longer pit times making 2 stopping an uncompetitive strategy, so working on that has been my main focus
    Xtr3meNZer, GasMonkee78 and Peersy like this.
  18. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I just dont understand how Hatfield was saving fuel but pulling away from me. We were both on same strategy. I have alot to learn. I'll prob check the replay and see that his tyres were much better than mine as well :(
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  19. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Smoothness and consistency play an almost hidden amount of race pace because it is not instantly noticeable. The only time I was able to make any gain on you was in the latter part of each tyre stint but not enough to catch you. Both of you played the strategy well.
    Stew Wilson, Matthyus and gtkingx like this.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    @Hatfield At Tokyo, are we using the same track limits as last time we raced here, i.e there are no track limits?
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.